• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Xerotwo

Yesss, they've got the Kiwami Key and the Kachidoki Lockseed combo set,

Hoping to pick one up before they're sold out/have to deal with Amazon's absurd pricings.

jwk94

He'll likely have one last appearance to fully write his character off, then be done.
Since Earth is doomed, he's gone off to Aquatar to visit Billy.

Heh. Looks like Toei's editors missed a little something in one of the Helheim scenes.

tumblr_n4q80mJBTR1r015fwo2_500.png

What is it?

Slayven

I jsut realized the Overloards are acting like their rider counterparts.

White has a noble goal that he has to do an evil act to accomplish.

Red is all about power and not thinking shit through

Green is a sneaky sneak and plotting against all sides.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I jsut realized the Overloards are acting like their rider counterparts.

White has a noble goal that he has to do an evil act to accomplish.

Red is all about power and not thinking shit through

Green is a sneaky sneak and plotting against all sides.

I thought that would be obvious to everyone by at least last episode when Kouta said to Kaito "WOW YOU'RE NOT LIKE THAT OTHER GUY WHO TALKS ABOUT POWER ALL THE TIME RIGHT?"

Slayven

I thought that would be obvious to everyone by at least last episode when Kouta said to Kaito "WOW YOU'RE NOT LIKE THAT OTHER GUY WHO TALKS ABOUT POWER ALL THE TIME RIGHT?"

DJ must be the Orange overlord. Except he knows the whole story unlike Kouta. What if DJ is Kouta from the future?

Hmm, is this a good site to order this sort of thing from or are there others that are better?

There's a bunch you can choose before getting into middleman services, which are for the hardcore only. I prefer AmiAmi over the others, but occasionally they'll be sold out of new SICs.

After them, I usually hit Ebay and then check:

http://www.cstoysjapan.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/ (Caution they can pricegouge)
http://www.hlj.com/

In that order and suss out who has the best pricing.

Noted then. Shoot though, it looks like Zangetsu is sold out. They ever get these things back in stock later? Odd question probably, but I'm curious.

Sometimes, but you never know when it's going to happen. Perhaps you can shoot them and email and ask.

LostAnkh

There's a bunch you can choose before getting into middleman services, which are for the hardcore only. I prefer AmiAmi over the others, but occasionally they'll be sold out of new SICs.

After them, I usually hit Ebay and then check:

http://www.cstoysjapan.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/ (Caution they can pricegouge)
http://www.hlj.com/

In that order and suss out who has the best pricing.
If you're going to order from an online retailer based in Japan, be prepared to stick to forums for pre-order times. They can go by in a few minutes.

ReiGun

Zenith Arms is the best super form we've had since Kiva Emperor. Wizard Infinity was great too, but I'm a sucker for the shogun style armor.

Super Forms been lowkey trash design wise since Decade.

WarRock

Thanks guys =)

Yeah, I already watched W.Still need to watch the Accel movie though.

Gaim 32
Coolest secondary Riders. Highlight of the episode was Junoichi saying "Never give up" haha.

DAI SHOGUN looks as ugly as every other Gaim suit except Triumphant, so not a lot to say about it besides "damn, I need it on Climax Heroes with real time weapon switching".

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
DJ must be the Orange overlord. Except he knows the whole story unlike Kouta. What if DJ is Kouta from the future?

He'd be Blue, though, considering Kaito's counterpart matches his undersuit, and isn't yellow.

But that might not hold up since we've got another Green Overlord next episode. Maybe since it's a peacock it's Bravo's counterpart?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ToQ 15:

This is such a light hearted Sentai where they're clearly all kids in adult bodies. I wonder what Schwartz wants with Gritta's monster.

I'm still amazed at how dark and detailed the 3 main bad guys are compared to everything else. Also, it doesn't seem that the Emperor does much.

First sneak peek of ToQ 6. Finally, Orange!

I also made this because why not:

trbbdd.webp

Defuser

Gaim ep 32
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Kiwami Arms transform is terriblely done but the power is awesome so I'll overlook it. The Kachidoki reveal was much more better.

But seriously imo, this show shouldn't have push a early reveal of Kiwami arms. The past few episodes already prove Kouta with Kachidoki arms is enough to handle a overlord like Demushuu, the previous episode wasn't fair considering Kouta got ganked when he was about to finish Demushuu off.

vareon

I'm warming up to Kiwami (the usual cycle) but who knows. Let's see which form gets my money later.

Also, I watched Garo: The Flowers of Makai up to 8 after being completely bored with Zero and not finishing it. It's not a Garo show unless the show randomly throws endgame-ish CGI fights right in the middle of the series, lol.

The show is back to its usual MoTW but with disturbing themes (and less boobs, apparently). The show made it a point that Kouga disappears mysteriously, so I hope he returns in an episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 15

Really good fights this week. Kind of surprised to see Schwartz save the MotW for his future plans (though it was kind of foreshadowed at the beginning)
This seems like one of the more light-hearted "cherished childhood item comes to life" episodes, in that the item itself wasn't destroyed.

And I see the ToQger movie is coming. Shall be interesting to see that subbed in a few months.

WarRock

But seriously imo, this show shouldn't have push a early reveal of Kiwami arms. The past few episodes already prove Kouta with Kachidoki arms is enough to handle a overlord like Demushuu, the previous episode wasn't fair considering Kouta got ganked when he was about to finish Demushuu off.

Sagara's speech before giving the Kiwami keyseed (?) made it seem like Demushu is the weakest of the Overlords. And we just saw how powerful their king is.

BatDan

So I was thinking of the possible ideas the upcoming Power Rangers movie could use.
This is under the assumption that Lionsgate and Saban will be making it a franchise (whether or not it succeeds is another matter entirely).

First movie: Introducing the main 5, Zordon, the villains, Bulk & Skull, and in the background will be Tommy.
Final act will be a big Dino Megazord battle with multiple giant monsters, and a stinger that foreshadows the Green Ranger

Second movie: Green with Evil story arc with Tommy changing sides in the second act. The final act will have the Dino Megazord and Dragonzord team up to take down multiple giant monsters. The stinger will foreshadow Cyclopsis.

Third movie: The Rangers find Titanus and face Lokar the first time. Tommy loses his Green Ranger powers, or it goes darker and actually kills him off (since this will probably be PG-13, this sounds likely), there will be foreshadowing to another team of Rangers (Dairanger) and the movie ends with the defeat of Rita and Lokar. The stinger foreshadows Lord Zedd.

Fourth movie: The Dairangers appear (under a different name of course... probably Thunder Rangers since Thunder Megazord and all, or Star Force) and start taking the spotlight. The two teams fight, but realize they'll have to team up if they want to take down Lord Zedd.

And that's where my ideas end. Terrible yes, but I'm bored so....

WillyFive

I'd rather have all of MMPR S1 compressed into one movie. The rest of the show's story is so terrible I wouldn't want to see it again; just move on to another team.

BatDan

I'd rather have all of MMPR S1 compressed into one movie. The rest of the show's story is so terrible I wouldn't want to see it again; just move on to another team.

So you want them to compress 40 episodes (this is only counting up to Doomsday since that was the intended finale) into a 90-120 minute movie?

... Have we forgotten this?

Yes I know part of it is that Shyamlan is a total hack, but even a better writer/director would have trouble compressing 20 episodes into a 90 minute movie.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually I think it could be done, Shyamalan just wasted those minutes on stuff like EXPOSITION

vareon

So I was thinking of the possible ideas the upcoming Power Rangers movie could use.
This is under the assumption that Lionsgate and Saban will be making it a franchise (whether or not it succeeds is another matter entirely).

First movie: Introducing the main 5, Zordon, the villains, Bulk & Skull, and in the background will be Tommy.
Final act will be a big Dino Megazord battle with multiple giant monsters, and a stinger that foreshadows the Green Ranger

Second movie: Green with Evil story arc with Tommy changing sides in the second act. The final act will have the Dino Megazord and Dragonzord team up to take down multiple giant monsters. The stinger will foreshadow Cyclopsis.

Third movie: The Rangers find Titanus and face Lokar the first time. Tommy loses his Green Ranger powers, or it goes darker and actually kills him off (since this will probably be PG-13, this sounds likely), there will be foreshadowing to another team of Rangers (Dairanger) and the movie ends with the defeat of Rita and Lokar. The stinger foreshadows Lord Zedd.

Fourth movie: The Dairangers appear (under a different name of course... probably Thunder Rangers since Thunder Megazord and all, or Star Force) and start taking the spotlight. The two teams fight, but realize they'll have to team up if they want to take down Lord Zedd.

Might be unrelated, but I never liked the idea of multi movies planned from the beginning. I'd rather have one movie that ends with a bang rather than saving stuff for the next.

NeonZ

So, you're implying that by the end of the first movie they wouldn't beat the villains or anything? I really think the first movie should cover Green With Evil and the Green Ranger's debut. It was basically the only story arc in MMPRs1. However, unlike the show, they should end with Rita being beaten and killed, possibly becoming a giant monster to duke it out with the Megazord. There's no point to keeping her alive in a movie series due to screentime issues.

Maybe when the Megazord is beaten by the Green Ranger, Rita starts a full scale invasion - cue the second act where the Rangers turn things around, the Green Ranger joins them and there's the final battle against Rita. Zedd can be kept for the second movie, obviously, but keeping even basic things like the Green Ranger for the second one really isn't a good idea.

"damn, I need it on Climax Heroes with real time weapon switching".

I don't know if they'd make Kiwami a standalone character. Kachidoki would probably be the standard form with Kiwami being a transformation if anything.

And if that was the case I could see it being like how the Ryuki Riders are handled by summoning arms for meter. Or the cop out way by having strings that summon the arms during them.

I think it might be time to go and finish up those primers for Super Climax Heroes.

BatDan

So, you're implying that by the end of the first movie they wouldn't beat the villains or anything? I really think the first movie should cover Green With Evil and the Green Ranger's debut. It was basically the only story arc in MMPRs1. However, unlike the show, they should end with Rita being beaten and killed, possibly becoming a giant monster to duke it out with the Megazord. There's no point to keeping her alive in a movie series due to screentime issues.

Maybe when the Megazord is beaten by the Green Ranger, Rita starts a full scale invasion - cue the second act where the Rangers turn things around, the Green Ranger joins them and there's the final battle against Rita. Zedd can be kept for the second movie, obviously, but keeping even basic things like the Green Ranger for the second one really isn't a good idea.

The Hunger Games.
President Snow isn't killed off in the first movie.

Yes, it's based on a book. But I'm sure the same idea could work here.
Plus, Lionsgate produced The Hunger Games, so we'll see what happens.

WillyFive

So you want them to compress 40 episodes (this is only counting up to Doomsday since that was the intended finale) into a 90-120 minute movie?

No. Forget those 40/60 episodes. Why would you even keep them? Make a new story that encompasses the arc of the season. MMPR's narrative is not like Avatar: TLA, there's literally almost nothing to it outside the Green Ranger arc. You can have a very simple and effective story with a beginning (getting their powers), middle (green ranger stuff), and end (all six taking down Rita) with just one movie.

BatDan

I think covering the key moments of Season 1 in one movie will make it feel rushed.
I feel it would work better for Green to show up in a sequel.

It's a new start, they don't have to completely follow the original MMPR episodes. They can make their own story that will lead into the Green Ranger showing up.

On another note, the final five episode titles for Super Megaforce have been revealed.

Vrak is Back, Part 1
Vrak is Back, Part 2
Emperor Mavro
The Wrath
Legendary Battle

Top Bottom