• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

If you guys haven't been keeping up with Carranger (HaroRangers are now up to episode 30), I fully recommend it. It's a wonderful, wonderful show; and hilarious as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My favorite thing about Gaim 31 (aside from THAT) was how Ryouma spent the whole episode transformed for NO RAISIN (except the obvious "His actor was unavailable at the time but we need him for the scene so fuck it we'll just have him ADR the dialogue in later").

Kamen Rider Gaim 31

I'm going to be so disappointed once Gaim is over. I've really gotten used to looking forward to this show every week.

I admit I laughed watching Demushu knock over plastic furniture. I like the character parallel between
the green Overlord and Micchy and I wonder if they'll somehow end up working together
. I did enjoy Roshuo not messing around and
using the power of the forbidden fruit to absolutely demolish Sid. Had a feeling he'd be the next to kick the bucket
. Looking forward to next week, as always.

For those of you curious, I'm still procrastinating on starting Wizard, which I doubt I'll start until I know my friend has started watching Double.

jwk94

Super Megaforce finale spoilers:

Looks like the Super MegaForce rangers
defeat the Emperor first, demorph from exhaustion, then are joined by the Legendary Rangers to fight the rest of the Armada's army.

10366247_10152174831646687_5712503944486178260_n.jpg

Slayven

defeat the Emperor first, demorph from exhaustion, then are joined by the Legendary Rangers to fight the rest of the Armada's army.

Did he just spoil it why selling his cast sheet?

Pluto

Did he just spoil it why selling his cast sheet?
Because it makes people talk about him, I'm sure he loves the attention. It's also another opportunity to plug his return as the green ranger in a few months.

I'm disappointed that the legendary rangers
are used to clean up henchmen after the actual final battle is over, that seems a little bit anticlimactic

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Because it makes people talk about him, I'm sure he loves the attention. It's also another opportunity to plug his return as the green ranger in a few months.

are used to clean up henchmen after the actual final battle is over, that seems a little bit anticlimactic

Everything about this fucking season has been anticlimactic.

jwk94

That's what they did in Gokaiger.

WillyFive

Everything about this season was done the wrong way; this is why this seems credible. It fits right in.

Pluto

That's what they did in Gokaiger.
The Legendary battle in Gokaiger was against henchmen but it was at the start of the season, it showed a powerful armada that forced the heroes to sacrifice their powers to defeat them, it got the audience excited for what was to come.

Having this battle at the end of the season means it's no longer the introduction to a powerful empire, it's clean up duty to get rid of what's left after the villains in charge have been defeated. It may look the same on the surface but it's really not, the circumstances couldn't be more different.

jwk94

That's not how I remember it.
They defeated Ackdos Gill, then left the planet while giving the previous rangers their powers back.
I was referring to the beginning of the season.

lol

The Legendary battle in Gokaiger was against henchmen but it was at the start of the season, it showed a powerful armada that forced the heroes to sacrifice their powers to defeat them, it got the audience excited for what was to come.

Having this battle at the end of the season means it's no longer the introduction to a powerful empire, it's clean up duty to get rid of what's left after the villains in charge have been defeated. It may look the same on the surface but it's really not, the circumstances couldn't be more different.

true true. I'm still mad about how we don't know jack about the Legendary Ranger Keys, why Gosei has them, or why he didn't give them to the Rangers earlier. Not even a "you needed to become stronger" or something.

BatDan

Exactly this.
By putting the battle at the end of the season after the villain has been defeated, it comes off as pointless and out-of-nowhere.
In Gokaiger, the battle was so massive that they sacrificed their powers in order to stop them. The battle had consequences and the viewer was given a reason to keep watching.
Here it's "Hey guys, I see you killed the final boss. We'll help with these stragglers I guess. Hope you enjoyed our cameo 90s kids!"

It's shallow...

jwk94

Exactly this.
By putting the battle at the end of the season after the villain has been defeated, it comes off as pointless and out-of-nowhere.
In Gokaiger, the battle was so massive that they sacrificed their powers in order to stop them. The battle had consequences and the viewer was given a reason to keep watching.
Here it's "Hey guys, I see you killed the final boss. We'll help with these stragglers I guess. Hope you enjoyed our cameo 90s kids!"

It's shallow...

From the looks of it, the Super Megaforce Rangers needed their help to finish off the Armada. They were too tired to do it themselves. Also, the Legendary Rangers will be fighting throughout the episode as seen in JDF's picture with Saba in the city....or they could go from the quarry to the city and back to the quarry.

WillyFive

I remember people speculating that Gokaiger was going to end with a second legendary war; with the Gokaigers giving back the powers to their owners within the last two episodes and end with the entire Sentai lineup fighting the Emperor. It would have been pretty cool to see; but I liked the Gokaigers doing the entire thing by themselves, with their own sweat and toil and not using the
treasure to deus ex machina the whole thing away.
Having the other rangers help them out would have cheapened that.

Gokairanger's final fight was so damn raw and personal. Man tears was shed I am not going to lie.

Gokaiger had a great final fight. It celebrated Sentai history, provided the most glorious spam of Gokai Changes in history, and showed the swag and style of the Gokaigers in full blast as they gradually chipped away at the Emperor. It was incredibly fun to watch.

However, I will say that the best final battle I've seen is still the Gekiranger one. It was beautifully choreographed and fit in perfectly with the show's season-long story arc.

Kamen Rider Fourze also had an excellent final fight, mostly because they kept the actual fighting on the down low and it was more a graduation speech.

jwk94

Gokaiger had a great final fight. It celebrated Sentai history, provided the most glorious spam of Gokai Changes in history, and showed the swag and style of the Gokaigers in full blast as they gradually chipped away at the Emperor. It was incredibly fun to watch.

However, I will say that the best final battle I've seen is still the Gekiranger one. It was beautifully choreographed and fit in perfectly with the show's season-long story arc.

Kamen Rider Fourze also had an excellent final fight, mostly because they kept the actual fighting on the down low and it was more a graduation speech,

Gekiranger as a whole (Jungle Fury too) had great choreography. I loved both of those seasons. Why no mention of Countdown to Destruction though? =(

WillyFive

Gekiranger as a whole (Jungle Fury too) had great choreography. I loved both of those seasons. Why no mention of Countdown to Destruction though? =(

Countdown to Destruction had a really good finale as well; the scene in which the townspeople pose to the villains saying that they were the Power Rangers is still one of the most effective dramatic scenes in the series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, judging from scans, it looks like the status quo in Gaim is gonna be shaken up quite a bit here soon.

It seems like Micchy and Redyue are going to start working together, as they're shown together inside the room that formerly housed the large crack in Yggdrasill (before Sid sabotaged it). Strangely, the room is now overrun by Helheim fruit. Meanwhile, it looks as though Yoko and Pierre join up with Kouta, Kaito, Zack, and the rest of the hero side. Conspicuous by his absence in the scans is Ryouma, who also doesn't seem to appear in the climax of the movie judging from the previews of that we've seen, so...wonder if he bites the dust as well. It already seems as though we've hit the point where his actor is no longer available, seeing as he spent the entirety of episode 31 transformed for no particular reason.

Also, aside from spoilers, I'd also like to point out that there will be no Gaim (or ToQger, presumably) on June 15th. I believe it's our yearly Super Hero Time preemption for golf.

Tenumi

Banned
On a little side note, I'm slowly going through the Power Rangers series on my down time, and I'm still in the first season. That being said, Green with Evil is such a great story arc even this far from its airing. Jason's fight with Goldar, Tommy damaging the Command Center... this story arc seems to have aged rather well, to be honest.

Green With Evil is kinda padded and would benefit from being cut down an episode or two. They wouldn't have been able to call it a week long event then, though.

WillyFive

Green With Evil is kinda padded and would benefit from being cut down an episode or two. They wouldn't have been able to call it a week long event then, though.

I miss the days when we had more Power Rangers episodes than Sentai episodes, due to the fact of having a new episode every weekday instead of once per week (or more accurately nowadays, once a week for a few weeks and then nothing for half a year).

Tenumi

Banned
Also, aside from spoilers, I'd also like to point out that there will be no Gaim (or ToQger, presumably) on June 15th. I believe it's our yearly Super Hero Time preemption for golf.

Aw... couldn't it have been one week prior to coincide with E3...

Understandable. You probably could have cut out enough nonessential material to cut off an episode at least. Getting Alpha back working felt like it took a little too long, to be honest, as well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, TOQ 6 scans! Dude looks pretty cool (with an interesting back story), glad to see the sixth finally.

New Gaim Scans look hype!

BatDan

ToQger 14

We finally got an episode focused on Hikari, and it was pretty good.
Light is a fucking idiot... selling himself out for food. Is 2014 the year of terrible Red Rangers? (That includes Troy).

*reads info on ToQ 6* Orange is the new Gold/Silver
Though the part about seeking death is dark. I guess that's the Kobayashi touch.

Defuser

ToQger ep 14
I ain't surprised if Right is willing to suck dick for food. I do prefer Hikari 90's dressing, kinda reminded me of the dairangers for some reason I don't know myself.

Top Bottom