• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WarRock

And if that was the case I could see it being like how the Ryuki Riders are handled by summoning arms for meter. Or the cop out way by having strings that summon the arms during them.

I think it might be time to go and finish up those primers for Super Climax Heroes.

Most probably! It's sorta what they did to Cosmic and Fusion States. I was just being hopeful, but at the very least it would cooler if each weapon could be a "module", like OOO thirds or W halves, altering the strings/specials a little.

WillyFive

I think covering the key moments of Season 1 in one movie will make it feel rushed.
I feel it would work better for Green to show up in a sequel.

It's a new start, they don't have to completely follow the original MMPR episodes. They can make their own story that will lead into the Green Ranger showing up.

I think it's easy to underestimate just how immense a Hollywood 2 hour long movie's running time is compared to usual Toku. Having an entire movie that takes place before Green shows up will be filled with almost entirely original content (read: filler), and leaving the Green Ranger arc to the sequel is to make audience wait till the sequel to see the story they remember most about Power Rangers.

On another note, the final five episode titles for Super Megaforce have been revealed.

Vrak is Back, Part 1
Vrak is Back, Part 2
Emperor Mavro
The Wrath
Legendary Battle

Good to see
Vrak being remembered.

Tenumi

Banned
On another note, the final five episode titles for Super Megaforce have been revealed.

Vrak is Back, Part 1
Vrak is Back, Part 2
Emperor Mavro
The Wrath
Legendary Battle

Based on what RangerCrew posted,
Looks like Vrak is Back will redebut Robo Knight as well reprogrammed. Perhaps a use for Dark Gosei Knight?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Predictions based on the episode titles.

Vrak is Back will be the entire Brajira arc condensed into two episodes, including Dark Robo Knight. I am curious how they'll explain why he isn't a cyborg anymore... unless they just use the same explanation as Goseiger.
Emperor Mavro will introduce the Emperor (of course) and feature the death of Damaras.
The Wrath will feature the death of Levira and Dyrandoh's counterpart. Not like the latter matters since he'll only be around for two episodes...
Legendary Battle will feature the death of Mavro and the Legend War that's really nothing more than cleaning up fodder. God damn it Saban...

I think it's easy to underestimate just how immense a Hollywood 2 hour long movie's running time is compared to usual Toku. Having an entire movie that takes place before Green shows up will be filled with almost entirely original content (read: filler), and leaving the Green Ranger arc to the sequel is to make audience wait till the sequel to see the story they remember most about Power Rangers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do. 2016 sounds likely.

finshed up gokaiager. man this was an amzing show. watched a episode of super megaforce and was super disappointed. if the legendary war didn't happen how do they have the ranger keys. also all the actors talk like william shatner

think im going to watch Kyoryuger next

WillyFive

^

finshed up gokaiager. man this was an amzing show. watched a episode of super megaforce and was super disappointed. if the legendary war didn't happen how do they have the ranger keys. also all the actors talk like william shatner

Good choices.

vareon

Skipping Go-busters? ;_;

That was I was going to suggest, Fourze! Or Kiva.

Kiva has hotspots, but meanders and doesn't come together all that well in the end. It's not bad, but it could've been done better. I'd probably put OOO before Kiva, and Fourze is a more solid show than both.

Skipping Go-busters? ;_;

Yeah, that's going to suck. Gokaiger > Kyoryuger will give you expectations that are too high and ToQger isn't going to live up to them. Take a breather with Go-Busters.

javadoze

Good decision. In my opinion, Kyoryuger is the better show of the two.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Personally just have a mindset that sentai have its own stuff

I still personally think Kyoryuger suck

Pluto

Kiva has hotspots, but meanders and doesn't come together all that well in the end. It's not bad, but it could've been done better. I'd probably put OOO before Kiva, and Fourze is a more solid show than both.
The Kiva designs kick ass, the story is pretty interesting, the dual timeline gimmick was pulled off nicely, Otoya is awesome, there's hardly a character I disliked. It has weaknesses but I like it more than OOO.

I agree that Fourze beats both though.

WillyFive

Yeah, that's going to suck. Gokaiger > Kyoryuger will give you expectations that are too high and ToQger isn't going to live up to them. Take a breather with Go-Busters.

It's good to have expectations. When you see good shows, you want more from shows that are not so good. Go-Busters in particular was a huge drag in between Gokaiger and Kyoryuger, even if it did eventually have some things that were worthwhile to watch.

shaowebb

I don't know if they'd make Kiwami a standalone character. Kachidoki would probably be the standard form with Kiwami being a transformation if anything.

And if that was the case I could see it being like how the Ryuki Riders are handled by summoning arms for meter. Or the cop out way by having strings that summon the arms during them.

I think it might be time to go and finish up those primers for Super Climax Heroes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515630

Do it. Your primers and combos were the highlight of that thread. I mainly just kept staying hype for the huge roster, dirty combos, and meter pop on assault characters that I was abusing (God Amazon is so dirty with his OTG and meter gain).

Game was fun and I played the shit out of it on PSP for a little over a year. Still my go to portable title of choice if I need to go someplace. So much love and fandom and its a dream to play at combos in. Once I figured out how to turn Climax Time off, damage to least, and timer off that game went NUTS. Soooooooooo fun.

The last post made was me doing an instructional on how to change the songs to your own custom stuff per character which was a PSP only feature. Let me play OOO's matches to Anything Goes and when he'd do his Finale it'd play Time Judged All :D

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Playing SMT: Raidou Kuzunoha right now.

Why bring that up? I just thought it funny how the Detective Agency in the game is the Narumi Detective Agency, same as in W. Now I want a W action game where you run around Futo City solving crimes.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Just picked up Kiwami Arms, it's pretty awesome. The button on the back comes with some of Kouta's famous lines from the show (これからは俺のステージだ!) which is nice, and honestly it's kind of about time. It's loaded with sounds and looks really impressive on the belt. Dai-dai-dai-dai-dai-shogun!

I also saw they are selling Sofbee figures of ToQ 6 (but no trains yet).

Also this:

amiyesnwcyf.gif

shaowebb

Anyone got a premium sound edition of Battride War they'd like to sell?

I want to get Battride War 2 but its importing near $100 so I'll hold off a bit till the price calms down. Also is the Wii U edition of Battride War 2 going to be region free?

WillyFive

Anyone got a premium sound edition of Battride War they'd like to sell?

I want to get Battride War 2 but its importing near $100 so I'll hold off a bit till the price calms down. Also is the Wii U edition of Battride War 2 going to be region free?

Nothing on Nintendo consoles are region free, you'll need a Japanese Wii U to play the game on the Wii U. For most Westerners, the PS3 version is the only option.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kamen Rider W (complete)

Finished this season up.
I gotta say, it's really well-written. Shotaro and Phillip's adventures and crime-solving are really fun to watch, and the MotW usually has an interesting power they have to overcome.
Ryu wasn't as engaging, but it was still great to watch Accel in action.
When the fight scenes didn't use CGI, they were badass to watch.
I can't say I grew to like Akiko, but I did kind of tolerate her.

The surprising thing is how much I cared for the Sonozaki family. Despite being the villains, they had a enough of their own tragedy and conflict to be their own show.

I'll check out OOO down the road. Want to get a few more Super Sentai season out of the way first (been starting Gaoranger). Speaking of...

Abaranger 22-23

This was a surprisingly dark two-parter. Nakadai's nihilistic outlook on life is a refreshing turn from the usual villains. Especially when he gets the people responsible for the brainwashing to admit to Ryoga that they weren't controlled at all. You can tell he really wants Ryoga to have the same outlook on life as him.
And then he took control of two of the Dynasaurs.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I have no doubt that it was Hawaiians. Their commercials always air around the time Super Hero Time begins.

Yeah, it is. That's where they filmed one of the kyoryuger endings as well. It's a big family destination so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a vested interest in the show. $$$

Watch Da Birdie

Drive Conference coming next week apparently.

>KR Drive
>Mechanical rider
>Car headlamp eyes
>Mechanical engine mouth
>Conference early next week

From a trip on 2ch that's posted legit information on Kyoryuger/Gaim in the past.

Right in time for E3.

yami4ct

Drive Conference coming next week apparently.

From a trip on 2ch that's posted legit information on Kyoryuger/Gaim in the past.

Right in time for E3.

Does Mechanical Rider mean our main hero might be a robot/cyborg/android? If so, that might be cool. Headlamp eyes could be great or terrible depending on execution, but engine mouth sounds kind of bad.

All of this is moot, though, because Gaim's designs sounded awful before seeing them and turned out to be amazing.

Watch Da Birdie

If the design looks good that means the series is going to suck, so let's hope it's a complete train-wreck design.

Honestly, "car theme" Rider doesn't really do it for me though. Here's hoping he has a secondary, more interesting gimmick. Like for Gaim "samurai" was sort of "okay", but "fruit samurai" pushed it into something I had to see for myself.

Rajack

So on the topic of Kyoryugers apparently Ryo Ryusei (Daigo) and Ayuri Konno (Ami) are an official couple now

ibheiOO657MTyD.jpg

Rajack

are they really gonna run Micchy's sneakiness to the ground

Until he gets burned for it royally. On a side note I've noticed that kachidoki arms' suit resembles a field commander's armor and kiwami arms' armor resembles that of a shogun's. Its pretty obvious for kiwami arms, with its henshin phrase and all, but i kinda felt that kachidoki arms was a bit less obvious for some.

NeonZ

are they really gonna run Micchy's sneakiness to the ground

They've already done that. Micchy as a villain is absolutely Gaim's weakest aspect so far. He has been completely one note ever since he failed to kill Kouta while he changed arms. But at least he won't be
pretending to be a mute Zangetsu
any longer. Two episodes from now, it's an episode titled
Micchy's ark
, so it sounds like he's going to do something big.

WarRock

Kamen Rider W (complete)

Finished this season up.
I gotta say, it's really well-written. Shotaro and Phillip's adventures and crime-solving are really fun to watch, and the MotW usually has an interesting power they have to overcome.
Ryu wasn't as engaging, but it was still great to watch Accel in action.
When the fight scenes didn't use CGI, they were badass to watch.
I can't say I grew to like Akiko, but I did kind of tolerate her.

The fights in A to Z are pretty good. And I must be the only person in the world who never found Aki annoying.

@Drive
Mechanic Rider? Car-Accel? Hyped.

WillyFive

I could see Drive having headlamp eyes and motor mouth from a mile away after they showed the name

So on the topic of Kyoryugers apparently Ryo Ryusei (Daigo) and Ayuri Konno (Ami) are an official couple now

ibheiOO657MTyD.jpg

That explains the ending. Poor Yayoi, Daigo was destined for her. :(

Watch Da Birdie

There are pics of Drive already?

No.

But a 2ch user who's posted reliable information in the past just mentioned his basic design. I'm pretty sure he was the same guy who leaked the early information about Gaim, where he mentioned all the initial four riders and the Fruit Arms they had.

That being said, I assume that since he's only talking about Drive's design this go-around, we're probably back to one initial Rider this time.

Slayven

No.

But a 2ch user who's posted reliable information in the past just mentioned his basic design. I'm pretty sure he was the same guy who leaked the early information about Gaim, where he mentioned all the initial four riders and the Fruit Arms they had.

That being said, I assume that since he's only talking about Drive's design this go-around, we're probably back to one initial Rider this time.

They probably going after that japanese auto makers money.

NeonZ

No.

Specifically, it's the 2ch user with the ID FIqyFr3nB. He has been giving leaked information since W. However, the information he gave for Gaim was only about the belt, he didn't mention multiple Riders. That was from another source, and closer to Gaim's official reveal.

The belt seems to be inspired by kid's toys (ままごとトントン), to specific something close to cooking/play house toys. It seems like you set a fruit in the middle and chop it up with a small knife.

Top Bottom