• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I was ok with Green Iron Man slitting fools' throats and using a touch device to change modes and weapons, but that shot of him inside the suit with a very Jarvis-like interface was a little too much.

I wonder if it holds up as a whole movie, because the "playful" interaction between them was bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It wasn't mentioned but Imagination Station released Abaranger 24-25 a couple days ago.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

everything about the heroine is terrible. She looks straight out of a 60s dance club.

I'm guessing when this airs in America they're giving in the power rangers treatment?

Also, since not everyone follows toku blogs it would be really nice if you guys could stop just posting things like pictures and what not without any explanation as to what they are :p

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
everything about the heroine is terrible. She looks straight out of a 60s dance club.

I'm guessing when this airs in America they're giving in the power rangers treatment?

Also, since not everyone follows toku blogs it would be really nice if you guys could stop just posting things like pictures and what not without any explanation as to what they are :p

Uh, airs in america?

BatDan

Is there something you're not telling us?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Uh, airs in america?

Is there something you're not telling us?

http://blog.samuraicast.com/koichi-sakamotos-gunblade-announced-licensing-expo/

"Gunblade will start casting next month and filming in the Fall. The Pilot episode’s actors are not the confirmed ones for the actual show. The show will premiere in March 2015 in the Korean market with planned dubs for China, India, Australia, Europe, and United States. They are also planning movies that will be based on the TV series. At this time, there is no confirmation on the music composer, but there are plans for OST and Drama CD releases."

BatDan

Huh... kind of strange that they're trying another non-PR Toku series in the States in 2015. Especially since Kamen Rider bombed immensely.

"Dub" sounds less like "American Actors/Japanese stock footage" and more "dub with mismatched lip flaps".

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know lol. Also forgot that it's a korean show.

ibYziG8tf3cVT.jpg

jwk94

Here are a few key notes from the teaser.
The “Energems” name is used in the teaser.
Chaos (Kyoryuger) is named as the bounty hunter Sledge.
Violet and Gold Rangers are included in the teaser.
Carnival mode is included several times in the teaser.
No Gobuster footage in the teaser.
Two quick shot from the credits with Gaim. Quick second but noticeable with “title credit” text. No, Gaim will not be in Dino Charge.
http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-rangers-dino-charge-marketing-teaser/

Sledge?

BatDan

energems? i wonder what the hell those are. if they arent gobus related that is

They were called "Paragon Prisms" at first. But they changed the name to Energems. Maybe that's the Go-Buster element? Since it sounds like Enertron... I'm reaching.
It's possible Energems are the Beast Batteries.

The article mentions that Chaos may not be Sledge, he was the only villain shown in the teaser though.
It would be weird if he was, Chaos never came off as a bounty hunter.

Slayven

It seems like Urobuchi just finished writing the last episode of Gaim. Since episodes are usually filmed about a month in advance and the writing is done even earlier (he said around November that he already had the first 19 episodes written), I'm guessing the show might end somewhere around 45 episodes.
That sounds good, honestlyn I think they could be wrapping it up now.

Huh... kind of strange that they're trying another non-PR Toku series in the States in 2015. Especially since Kamen Rider bombed immensely.

"Dub" sounds less like "American Actors/Japanese stock footage" and more "dub with mismatched lip flaps".
KR was got signed on to a dying network. I think if a halfway decent toku got on DisneyXD, Nick, or Cartoon Netork. I think they got a good shot.

Mighty Med is damn near a Toku show

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
KR was got signed on to a dying network. I think if a halfway decent toku got on DisneyXD, Nick, or Cartoon Netork. I think they got a good shot.

Mighty Med is damn near a Toku show

theres also the random non showings and absences on the network. it didnt have a chance

but yeah, as far as american toku like shows, shows like supah ninjas and the troop are the direction current adaptations should go in, not this monotone acting scenarios we get now

Slayven

theres also the random non showings and absences on the network. it didnt have a chance

but yeah, as far as american toku like shows, shows like supah ninjas and the troop are the direction current adaptations should go in, not this monotone acting scenarios we get now

the troop was my shit. Victim of Nick scheduling.

jwk94

HH: Don’t you feel a bit lonely now that you have betrayed not only Team Gaim but Yggdrassil?

Takasugi: Lately it’s been a lot of shooting by myself or with Ryo (Redyue’s suit actor). We had a scene in the garage with everyone the other day. It felt very weird and I realized there was less and less space in which I could be. I then realized this is what Micchy must be feeling.

That's kinda sad. Reminds me of what Christopher Lee (Andros from In Space) went through in the beginning.

alvmew

hmmm does zenith mode really have no new weapon?

when was the last final form without one? Or will it come later, ala kabuto hyper?

No new weapon. Just sticking with the gimmick of it being able to use every other weapon.

Last main rider final form without one was Decade Complete.

LostAnkh

S.H. Figuarts Zangetsu and Sakura Hurricane are out!
Wokatufighter's preview
K2eizo's review on Zangetsu

We don't really talk about toys here that much, so I'll do what I can when appropriate, because these shows are about TOY SALES.

He must be having a lot of fun with how his character has changed, but it makes me sad to see his character like this since he had some good character bits in the beginning. He is easily one of the most interesting characters I've seen in a Kamen Rider series so far.

Also, Urobuchi is done writing the final episode to Gaim, because several sites know how to use with Google Translate for accurate translations.

Also, Urobuchi is done writing the final episode to Gaim, because several sites know how to use with Google Translate for accurate translations.

Yep, just saw the update. Sorry about that. >.> (and no, I wasn't the one who "translated" the tweets. I just reiterated what I saw posted on the sites =p).

WarRock

I did little to no research on gun blade before but it has come to my attention that Sakamoto is directing it? Will watch

I would say the same thing, but I tried to watch Travelers. Emphasis on "tried".

Takasugi: No, I don’t want him to be good. I want him to remain a villain. It would not feel right for him to redeem himself.
Good stuff, haha.

LostAnkh

Finally watched the Wizard movie.

It was meh, great sets though.

A bit on and off topic, I'm in Team Purple for the Steam Summer Adventure.

kD01wVM.jpg

Yep, just saw the update. Sorry about that. >.> (and no, I wasn't the one who "translated" the tweets. I just reiterated what I saw posted on the sites =p).
I'm not pointing fingers at you, but at the sites that just followed suit after somebody posted an article on it. It's one of the reasons why I don't want to go to JEFusion/Orends/FruitRiderNews anymore. Props to Tokusatsu Network for clearing it up.

Still need to wait at least a month before the glorious melon comes into my house. I haven't even received Baron yet.
Where are you buying from and what's the shipping method? The longest I've ever had to wait for something, is 2 weeks with SAL shipping. Aside from that, payment has been made, and I'll be seeing Zangetsu early next week.

vareon

Where are you buying from and what's the shipping method? The longest I've ever had to wait for something, is 2 weeks with SAL shipping. Aside from that, payment has been made, and I'll be seeing Zangetsu early next week.

Two distribution options and I just chose the longest one, basically. Some resellers import directly from Bandai Japan (which might take 2 weeks to a month) and some through Bandai Asia channel (which goes through a hoopla of routes so it will take longer). The longer route can be $5-$8 cheaper so it's good if you're patient.

jwk94

So there's going to be a Legacy Saba and Legacy White Tigerzord. Found by Razzle (the dude who always finds the toy stuff).

Top Bottom