• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WarRock

Gaim 34
holy
Just how strong is Roshuo
Just how broken is Micchy
Just how long this will keep looking like endgame but still having cliffhangers
How much more real will shit get
what's going to happen after next episode's duel

Dunno if it is because I watched this right after waking up while eating, but this episode got me really impressed, last time I felt this was watching Agito last arcs. And Zack going all street level super hero was great.

jwk94

Legacy Saba and Tiger zord...really not excited for these.

Bq2PtM5CcAAKsSt.jpg:large

The voice actor is male. But, aliens, *shrug*.
But I thought they were technically human once?

WarRock

So, I wanted to watch movie to take a break from studies but keep doing research on superhero costumes, and decided to watch the Gatchaman movie.

Damn it's bad. The subtitles alone kill it, and then we have the pacing and non existant character development, focus on drama and plot twists instead of humor... It looks good and it's better than other "reboots" I've watched (Kamen Rider The First, Re: Cyborg 009) but still is not worth your time.

(It also feels heavily inspired by western movies, post credit scene included, which is a shame - a better direction could've made it interesting for western audiences in my opinion)

Vargas

Lol why is its head in the combined mode.

Fuck would I pay good money for legacy thunder megazord. It was designed to be blinged out.

I am sure we will get that, Legacy Ninja and Shogun Megazord, after that the Legacy line will likely be done, hopefully we get Serpentera though,

Gaim 34

- I'm torn when it comes to Minato. I had hopes for her as an independent villain feigning dedicated loyalty, only to unlock her alleged hidden potential in the Genesis Driver and go after the fruit on her own terms. Now here she is - still badass in her own way - aspiring to be the kingmaker. So what of her? Does she just serve the man she has the greatest confidence and faith instilled in?

- Her berating Mitsuzane was great, however. Way to really punch the worm in the stomach by utterly challenging his character as a duplicitous, lying fuck who discarded his place of belonging a while ago by tossing out the baby with the bathwater. And Mitsuzane simply gets worse and worse.

- Redyue is female...huh. Well, okay, she's part of a rather alien race from another dimension physically warped into that form, so why not, I suppose.

- Tactical missiles on Japan. Sad to say it, but yes, I can easily see that happen in reality. As much as I want to root for Kouta, his belief in that there is enough innate goodness in humanity that it doesn't resort to civil conflicts and self-destruction at the drop of a hat when life and everything is being threatened/they lose the ability to live out comfortable lifestyles they've long grown accustomed to, is just sadly too naive. An encouraging message for children (whoever left is still watching the show) maybe, for now.

- When stakes are this high, I just wonder how much higher it can go. We're 2/3 into the series by now, and 1) Yggdrasil is pretty much no more; 2) abandoned Zawame; and 3) total, imminent world conquering happening.

- Once again, Mitsuzane, you little shit. Ohhhh no, such godly power. Welp, no point fighting it. Let's just meekly collaborate with our conquerors and hope that we get a piece of the land by wiping their arses in the meantime. I can still believe that he will find redemption in some way, though I picture a Kiba Yuji one. Only if you know, if Kiba Yuji's arc was better written.

- Mai seems to be vainly trying to talk sense into Mitsuzane next episode, but he seems far too gone for that. If Mai is seeking to challenge and not stand with him, she is no ally to him either. And Mitsuzane is blatantly taking tips from Kiba Yuji with his getup.

- At last, we can end the Zangetsu Shin whodunnit plot point and get on straight to the direct face-to-face betrayal like it was built up long enough to be.

Man, this series. Has it been without its problems so far? Hell no. Has it been enjoyable? Fuck yes. I've been looking forward to practically every new episode with bated anticipation. Not had that happen to me in Rider to this extent...ever.

I still maintain so far that Agito and Kuuga are still my favourite Rider shows of course. Gaim, if all goes well up to its closure, can easily supplant W from third place.

gah soo good.

slowly liking zenith form, althrough its still a downgrade imo. hope he gets its own weapon soon.

Shit is pretty damn dark though... Not entirely sure i'd show a gradeschool kid this show lol.

Gaim 34

The show keeps feeling like it can end any episode, but we've still got a while to go, right? Do we have a final episode count yet?

On the topic of Micchy, even though he seems too far gone, I feel like the show would rather go the redemption route since he's still a kid. Since he's so young, I wonder if there are any children in Japan that identify with him. By giving him some form of redemption, those kids get their moral lesson about betrayal while we still get our antagonist.
I admit I've been enjoying watching him think he's in control when really he's been pulled along just like Kouta has in some cases. Both are naive in their own ways.

I did like the point the
nuke
scene made and there's definitely a lot of truth to it and the nature of human beings.

It's a bit disappointing to watch Minato slowly end up in the background as I enjoy her character, but this episode reminded me why I love her.

I'm thankful for Pierre that the Zangetsu subplot can be put to rest. Was getting worried about how long they were going to draw that out.

Still overall enjoying this show and I look forward to the relative mood whiplash when I sit down to watch ToQger.

NeonZ

But I thought they were technically human once?

They were "human-like". We don't know how close to human that is. Besides, their current forms are further transformed by Helheim, I don't think it's that odd that her voice could change if she had a more female sounding voice before.

Now here she is - still badass in her own way - aspiring to be the kingmaker. So what of her? Does she just serve the man she has the greatest confidence and faith instilled in?
I thought it sounded like she was just interested in the people who are willing to go after the fruit and use its power, more like a curious observer than anything. She even disliked Micchy's plan of letting someone else go after the fruit and be the power behind the king when he himself was desiring its power.

Now he has though - he wants to be god
Eh, he still would be Redyue's subordinate, no?

Yeah, at this point, I think he still wants to be just Redue's servant, in spite of everything. I think that likely will change after next week though when his plan will be rejected by Mai. After that, I think he'll try to go after the fruit directly.

WarRock

Yeah, at this point, I think he still wants to be just Redue's servant, in spite of everything. I think that likely will change after next week though when his plan will be rejected by Mai. After that, I think he'll try to go after the fruit directly.

Yep. We also need to consider that Ryoma can reappear at anytime and change the situation again (the only one that would be his ally again at this point is Micchy - if Redue ends up dead, I guess).

LostAnkh

Because that looks awful, just like all the S.I.C. figures do.
THANK YOU, not a big fan of them at all.

Supposed Drive filming---looks like a race-track, so I can believe it.

Dude circled also looks like he's wearing the belt:
Might be a belt for the MOTW(sorta like the Dopant commanders), who knows, since he looks more brooding. I figured if it's the main belt, it'd have a more encompassing look, and some room for the gimmick of the year.

This sparks a good question, what kind of belt would you guys like to see in Kamen Rider?
For me personally, I'd like a belt that changes the look, depending on the gimmick device you put in, because all been lights & sounds and no real change to the belt.

Sora_N

gah soo good.

slowly liking zenith form, althrough its still a downgrade imo. hope he gets its own weapon soon.

Shit is pretty damn dark though... Not entirely sure i'd show a gradeschool kid this show lol.

Most final forms are kinda ugly nowadays, some are alright though. I like the idea of the form but not really the look.

Defuser

ToQger ep 17
ToQger #6....

Dress cool.
Walks cool.
Looks cool.
Henshin cool.

But all that went down the drain with his goofy thinking of wanting to die like a lonesome hero and his 'sins'.

smh lol.

Edit:
Why does Right feels shocked when he assumes Zaram has killed people when Right been killing Shadow monsters? Shadow Monsters are living beings too you know!

This sparks a good question, what kind of belt would you guys like to see in Kamen Rider?
For me personally, I'd like a belt that changes the look, depending on the gimmick device you put in, because all been lights & sounds and no real change to the belt.

As cool as a form changing belt would be, wouldn't that be difficult to add new powers, at least when merchandise is concerned? Maybe if the gimmick folded outward and covered parts of the belt, leaving the belt itself intact? Definitely an interesting concept if they could pull off something like that and are able to have it make sense for the toys.

Most final forms are kinda ugly nowadays, some are alright though. I like the idea of the form but not really the look.

with wizard and now gaim, i do hope the less bulky final forms is a common thing... although infinity form is kinda bulky, it still allowed for decent range of motion, and even then, it was pretty much a tank.

is there any toy leaks or what not if zenith form gets its own weapon later, ala kabuto hyper getting the sword a bit later?

Seems like a bit of a cop out that his final attack is just the dj gun, and weird because its a missed merchandizing opportunity.

Slayven

Only thing I didn't like about Infinity is the Axe Sword. Made no sense. Should have had a wizard staff. More Riders should have staff weapons.

vareon

Only thing I didn't like about Infinity is the Axe Sword. Made no sense. Should have had a wizard staff. More Riders should have staff weapons.

That's what bugged me the most. Of all the things a WIZARD could have, it's an axe-sword.

In other news, Bandai continued their direct invasion to my country and my wallet with Bima X.

FwggvKQ.jpg

ToQger ep 17
Edit:
Why does Right feels shocked when he assumes Zaram has killed people when Right been killing Shadow monsters? Shadow Monsters are living beings too you know!

ToQger is the cheeriest take on class warfare in Sentai history. Trash all the nobles and their servants, they're not even real people anyway!

ToQger still doesn't sound like it's picked up significantly though, which is a shame. I caught up on Gaim yesterday and it's still impressing me - even when it veers off into directions I expected, it does so in ways that seem relatively underused - whereas ToQger is still going for a slow burn.

especially with how acrobatic wizard is. Should go all soul caliber killik up your ass.

But i guess, white wizard having a staff of sorts is why infinity didn't.

what really is getting old is how japan LOVES gun blades. Everybody must have one!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That's what bugged me the most. Of all the things a WIZARD could have, it's an axe-sword.

In other news, Bandai continued their direct invasion to my country and my wallet with Bima X.

FwggvKQ.jpg

Green design reminds me of a Gaim Rider, because that axe looks like a piece of fruit.

Watch Da Birdie

Anyone importing Battride War II?

I promised myself I'd skip this one over since it only adds four characters, one of which is DLC, but all of a sudden I have an urge to buy it...playable Gaim, all the cool Movie shit,
BU-RA-KAWANI~

But man, it's at least 70$ for the regular version, 100$ for the TV Sound Edition. I'm not stripped for cash...but damn, it's really not worth it.

WarRock

I thought he wanted to manipulate Redyue then take the fruit for himself? The whole "my world" thing he said.
I would get so pissed if that was the case. The show keeps showing the Iynf like truly superior beings in all departments (and Redue is the really smart and manipulative one), to me Micchy will get nothing from this deal.

That's not a race track that's a course for a driving school. (Like, to get your drivers liscense)
Oh god, please make Driver a driving instructor.

Green design reminds me of a Gaim Rider, because that axe looks like a piece of fruit.
Thought the same thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 17

Sixth Ranger time!
... He kind of sucks.
"I ruined people's days!" Even Light calls this out as dumb.
It's sad that I'm more interested in Z's story arc than the main cast. Though I'm guessing he too saw a rainbow like Zaram.

LostAnkh

I promised myself I'd skip this one over since it only adds four characters, one of which is DLC, but all of a sudden I have an urge to buy it...playable Gaim, all the cool Movie shit,
BU-RA-KAWANI~

But man, it's at least 70$ for the regular version, 100$ for the TV Sound Edition. I'm not stripped for cash...but damn, it's really not worth it.
My main gripe is not being able to play as Regular Melon, but other than that, it's just a musou game and it's not worth the amount of admission.

As cool as a form changing belt would be, wouldn't that be difficult to add new powers, at least when merchandise is concerned? Maybe if the gimmick folded outward and covered parts of the belt, leaving the belt itself intact? Definitely an interesting concept if they could pull off something like that and are able to have it make sense for the toys.
It's Bandai, they can do it if it produces toy sales (which I bet that it will), but they're so hell bent on gimmick toys that unlocks or makes lights & sounds. I just want something more unique, but even so, the most important thing is that the belt should be fun to play with.

Sora_N

BU-RA-KAWANI~

I played the hell out of the first one, but didn't get Plat. I'm really strapped for cash especially after buying the Sengoku Driver, maybe I'll get Battride 3. I can wait.

BU-RA-KAWANI~

I've got some PSN credit, so I'll spring for a digital version if it comes up. I don't see anything about it that screams "must buy", though. Haven't seen half of the movies; probably wouldn't be able to notice any twists on my own; and the idea of taping my controller to set another riding record isn't very enticing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

FwggvKQ.jpg

How was the first season? I want to know if it's worth catching up on.

ToQger 17

Well the sixth ranger is... interesting. Kind of like the whole Western theme he's got going for him and the backstory at least should add to the plot somewhat. I guess time will tell whether or not a large emphasis will be on it over the course of the series. The main cast somehow still feels sort of limited to me so here's to hoping for more new main characters at some point.

It's Bandai, they can do it if it produces toy sales (which I bet that it will), but they're so hell bent on gimmick toys that unlocks or makes lights & sounds. I just want something more unique, but even so, the most important thing is that the belt should be fun to play with.

I hear you. At least with the next Rider series on the way, we can cross our fingers that someone in the toy department has some fresh ideas for the next one, though they'll probably end up playing it safe.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems it'll be Mini-Cars, which I actually think would be cool because Rider-themed Hotwheels seems like an easy-enough thing to sell.

Speaking of Drive, another set of rumors from 2ch---this one mentions a writer, actor, and theme song.

仮面ライダードライブ
2014年10月スタート

脚本 長谷川圭一他
黒崎真生/仮面ライダードライブ 樋口裕太
早瀬涼馬/仮面ライダーホルス 財木琢未
真田輝/仮面ライダー黒 延山信弘
九条いのり 村田寛奈
村山琴葉 星名美津紀

キャッチコピー 最速 最硬 最強のライダー 停車!

主題歌 シン(vivid) To the point〝drive〟

ドライブ完全連動新データカードダス 仮面ライダードライバーズバトル 2014年10月下旬稼動開始

Keichi Hasegawa is the writer (worked on W and Fourze)
Yuta Higuchi as Kamen Rider Drive, Takuma Zaiki as Kamen Rider Horus, Nobuyama Toshihiro as Kamen Rider Kuro.

Starts in October, and mentions something about a new Decade movie (?) tying into it. I recall that one Toei thing earlier this year mentioning a new Decade project...

Yuta Higuchi:
IJwUvNnl.png

Top Bottom