• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
While taking I walk, I thought of something.
In the latest PR, they called the Dairanger morph "Legendary Squadron Mode". Squadron is also a translation of Sentai.
What if Super Sentai does exist in the Power Rangers universe? Not just as a TV show either.
The Sentai teams exist con-currently with the Rangers, and this massive war let their existence become known.

But that's just stupid fanwanking to try and justify Tzachor and crew's horrific scripts and choices.

Jesus the Dino Charge boys are pretty strong:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=286689031534279&permPage=1

Also, that music in the video can't be the Dino Charge theme, can it?

Nah, it just sounds like a cover found off YouTube.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
In the latest PR, they called the Dairanger morph "Legendary Squadron Mode". Squadron is also a translation of Sentai.
What if Super Sentai does exist in the Power Rangers universe? Not just as a TV show either.
The Sentai teams exist con-currently with the Rangers, and this massive war let their existence become known.

But that's just stupid fanwanking to try and justify Tzachor and crew's horrific scripts and choices.

so like eerie indiana where both worlds exist next to each other, but are are aware of each other? i mean if you remove dino thunder from the mix that is.

Zynx

Hmm, I actually find myself liking the Drive suit at first glance. That would be a first since...Double. Damn, that's a long time ago.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Was he just a passing thru contestant?

fXd7jDU.gif

I really love this GIF, and I didn't even see Kamen Rider Decade

WillyFive

Tensou's Adventure in New Zealand

I wish Toei could do CGI as good as what was in this episode. The first half of the episode was good too, although by the second half it had devolved into typical Megaforce nonsense.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Technically it was loads better than Season 1 premiere. Fight scenes are better, acting is somewhat better, too. Writing is still stupid but there's a Riku Sanjo episode coming up!
Wait, Riku Sanjo wrote an ep for an indotoku?

And I kinda thought it was better due to being a 1hr special.

vareon

By our standards? No. If you don't have personal feelings like "this show is produced in my country so I must support it!" I doubt many will like it. Unless you set your expectations accordingly, of course. My fun in watching Bima comes from the fact that usually the production of similar "superhero" shows in my country is maximum hot pile of shit, now we have Ishinomori Pro taking over the production side and resulted in a very professional looking show that actually looks like a superhero show.

It does have some surprising elements I didn't expect to find, like storyline and villain motives that hit so close to home that it felt creepy, and they have a lot of untransformed fight scenes. The last episode had a good choreography, too.

And this isn't the only Ishinomori production outside Japan, iirc. They have Suria(?) in Thailand or Malaysia.

jwk94

Not feeling Dino Charge Red's voice at all, but I'm glad they'll have people that can do some shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxkNONx4rg
I won't even lie, I don't like his voice either but he's attractive.

Nah, it just sounds like a cover found off YouTube.

Aww ok. Thanks.

Boss Doggie

Mmm I smell the Kamen Rider Black references in the Season 2 one hour special

Did the rival guy of Bima stab himself in the penis for a powerup?

He removed the belt that made him subservient to the villain group or something I think

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There was a gaim this week right?

Chill bro

@MagentaGalaxica
ok hello good morning i just got up: gaim status is caphi and alkaid have pretty much wrapped 44 up because they're great

@MagentaGalaxica
i need to do Morning-y things like "breakfast" and "shower" and then I'll give it the old another pair of eyes watchover and then release

@MagentaGalaxica
.@Harbinger617 well it'll be like an hour or two probably, all said and done, so i more meant it in a "go get some fucking sleep" sorta way

Boss Doggie

Also I just finished watching Godzilla Final Wars.

So this is what happens when Super Sentai makes a crossover with Godzilla! It even has Gaoranger football!

javadoze

Gaim 44

2nd to last episode until the finale (well, that is if you count 46 as the finale of the show). Great episode that will set up the fight between Kouta and Kaito in the next two. Zack, Jounouchi, and Oren are fantastic
well, minus the part where the latter two get their drivers get destroyed, though I understand the point. Kind of makes me wonder what's going to happen since Kaito so far has been presented with some redeemable qualities but is now a complete madman and Micchy is almost the opposite (no redeeming features but is now supposed to be sympathetic).

Still, there were some weird moments in this episode, though.
Why is Yoko so hell-bent on "serving the king"? I'd really love to know if there is more to her character motivation than that, it's just currently comes off as shallow and convenient to the plot (unless if she were to backstab Kaito later).

Can't wait for Drive. Yes, even though if it hasn't aired yet, all signs point towards a guaranteed good Rider show, not to mention we get the Double writers back again for a police detective Rider. Might be the first time in a while since we've gotten two amazing rider shows back-to-back (well, depends your tastes).

WarRock

Of course not, that'd be silly.

He's gonna let Kaito and Kouta destroy each other then claim the golden fruit for himself. Zack will be the final boss, who will get taken down by Oren and Ornac.

Ornac to finally use a good lockseed, taking Kouta's driver from his dead body while Oren goes full Hokuto no Ken? Yes.

vareon

Kaito works the entire season to earn his power to the point that he has to say "power" in every episode. Micchy is just a bitch who thinks he manipulates people but is just manipulated in the end.

Gaim will not end in 47. Drive is cancelled and next season will be Kamen Rider Knuckle.

alvmew

Kaito works the entire season to earn his power to the point that he has to say "power" in every episode. Micchy is just a bitch who thinks he manipulates people but is just manipulated in the end.

Gaim will not end in 47. Drive is cancelled and next season will be Kamen Rider Knuckle.

Gaim 44 Spoilers/Gaim 45 Predictions

Assuming he makes it past next episode with his betrayal of Kaito and whatnot. I sure do hope so, Knuckle is best rider ;_;

LostAnkh

I'm perfectly fine with this. He's been there in the background since the very beginning, and making these decisions after all this time is an important turn in his character.
You know what would've been cool?

If Jounouchi finds out that Hase died from Kaito, gets so pissed that he turns one of the Helheim fruit into the Pinecone lockseed, and transforms into Gridon Pinecone Arms.

That would've been cool, but apparently he doesn't get anything like that.

Top Bottom