• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BossRush

The closest I ever done was write up a short concept for a shinto spiritualism based series.

Are you serious. Cause I actually had an idea that sorta touched on that sort of stuff.

The idea was for a guy that dies and comes back as a ghost kamen rider and has to help people throughout the town and deal with evil spirits and ghosts and what not.

vareon

Kinda sorta off topic, anyone here ever make their own OC rider do not steal?

Mine's a wee bit Garo-ish. Had a friend draw him and wrote a summary and that's it, lol. If only I am blessed with the ability to draw.

Edit: This came up on my newsfeed today:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/photogalleries/spacesuit-pictures/photo2.html

2_461.jpg

Well!

javadoze

Actually no, funny enough in the midst of waiting for Drive news (this is before we got any plot details), I wrote out an outline for what I would imagine the first episode of Drive to be like. It turned out slightly different than what we got, but I managed to accidentally predict some things: like the belt having a personality, a female police officer helping Drive, and there being a special police force for taking out the monsters.

Slayven

They should totally do a kamen rider show where the main rider is a ninja, and second rider is a samurai.

Powerups to include Kage Mode and ronin mode.

Tenumi

Banned
I have to thank TokuGAF for giving me enough interest to watch Kamen Rider Fourze. Everywhere I had looked while it was airing and during Wizard, reaction seemed rather mixed. It seemed to be well liked enough here to give it a try. Finished it yesterday, and I've got to say, I really liked it.

No, it's definitely not perfect. The two episode stories really hurt it overall, for one. But the characters made up for it. Gentaro's so very headstrong, but he ends up so likeable that its hard to really see that as a bad thing. Meteor, I wasn't as big of a fan of, but his transformation music seriously made me smile every time.

Story really wasn't all that much to write home about, but it worked out well enough.

Now that I've got that finished, I'm gonna take a small break and then start Double/W. Still watching Gaim, and dropped Toqger again. Not currently watching anything on the Sentai front.

WillyFive

I think Fourze is a classic. I rewatched the first episode today, and forgot just how good it was. Everything about it was excellent.

Are you serious. Cause I actually had an idea that sorta touched on that sort of stuff.

The idea was for a guy that dies and comes back as a ghost kamen rider and has to help people throughout the town and deal with evil spirits and ghosts and what not.

Mine had a guy who was temporarily kidnapped as a child and had the spirit of a dead spirit channeler attached to his body. It was W-ish in that the main rider solved cases involving disturbances caused by various spirits and youkai. He had a motorcycle that was possessed by the soul of a dead bike racer.

Zynx

I've dreamed (in my sleep) of being a Rider several times. All of the dreams were pretty cool, actually.

I also tried to run a PnP RPG about Riders, but it fizzled out quickly.

ReiGun

I'm a sucker for callbacks, so if I were to make a Rider, they'd be an homage to the Showa era and classic Silver Age comics.

They should totally do a kamen rider show where the main rider is a ninja, and second rider is a samurai.

Powerups to include Kage Mode and ronin mode.

Amazed KR has gone on so long without doing a ninja theme. Especially when Sentai has done it twice.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ive thought of a sentai based around leverage. Its kinda scary how with a little tweaking, it could fit as a sentai series.

NeonZ

Amazed KR has gone on so long without doing a ninja theme. Especially when Sentai has done it twice.

ZX is supposed to be ninja themed, but yeah, not an actual show and it's barely noticeable, since it's not part of his story, just some design references - and most of his tv special are just recaps or footage of the other Riders fighting anyway...

Slayven

I'm a sucker for callbacks, so if I were to make a Rider, they'd be an homage to the Showa era and classic Silver Age comics.

I always wondered that myself, maybe toei separates some concept as sentai or KR instantly.

Ive thought of a sentai based around leverage. Its kinda scary how with a little tweaking, it could fit as a sentai series.

That would be dope as fuck. there was a Japanese Drama about a scam artist that targets other scam artist. It was good.

Corgi

Banned
hi folks. watch toku a bunch in the past few years. been slacking a bit recently due to work, and now job hunt.

only keeping up with gaim although the ending seems a bit iffy.

Hows TOQ going?

How's super megaforce? has the war happened yet?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
hi folks. watch toku a bunch in the past few years. been slacking a bit recently due to work, and now job hunt.

Hows TOQ going?

ToQger is below average. There are highs, but also a lot of lows. Things finally seem to be shaping up to something.

Super Megaforce is awful. The war isn't until the finale (which will likely be in November). Dino Charge at least looks promising.

Hows TOQ going?

Gaim, yay! ToQ is not Gokaiger or Kyoryuger. Super Megaforce is currently dogshit.

BatDan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5x86zBcVoc

Levira's (PR Insarn) voice actress did know she was working on a kid's show right?

Seriously, of all the Gokaiger episodes to adapt, why that one? I mean sure, the episode was good, but only in the context of knowing Carranger was a silly series. By dropping any possible tributes, you just have what's essentially filler

WillyFive

The Gokaiger Carranger tribute was fantastic, just like Carranger. It was obviously written and directed by people that loved and understood the show. Why can't we have that for any Power Rangers episode is beyond me. I knew Super Megaforce was never going to live up to anything when they adapted the Dekaranger episode but didn't bother to bring back Doggie or any of the SPD rangers, not play the SPD theme song and recreate the SPD morph; but instead leave in the Dekaranger morph untouched and left the Dairangers in! It's total ignorance and apathy towards the history of the series...in a season that is supposed to be a celebration of it!

Having the parody Carranger romance episode in Super Megaforce, despite Turbo doing its worst to make itself a serious season, is just total lethargy.

shaowebb

For those suffering through shows they had high hopes for that let them down just remember...it could be as bad as Kamen Rider Wizard episode 53.

AMADAM'S FACE.
Never Forget...13 minutes 18 seconds is forever scarred upon your minds.

iLXcrDwWoSYE5.gif

For those suffering through shows they had high hopes for that let them down just remember...it could be as bad as Kamen Rider Wizard episode 53.

AMADAM'S FACE.
Never Forget...13 minutes 18 seconds is forever scarred upon your minds.

iLXcrDwWoSYE5.gif

But those episodes were better than most Wizard episodes and Movie Wars films.

shaowebb

But those episodes were better than most Wizard episodes and Movie Wars films.

The best thing is this guy could have been doing this exact same face in a Den O episode possessed by Momotaros and it would have been great. On the flipside doing it as the end all villain who ass whips every Rider in history at the same time...nope.

Remember folks it could always be worse...your end boss could be this guy.

javadoze

I like how every rider turns into their final form in Wizard 53...

...and Den-O (Momotaro) screws it up by turning into Liner form.

Corgi

Banned
from the brief glimpse of Drive, it does seem like he does know some martial arts.

which 'team' is doing the choreography for drive?

vareon

The best thing is this guy could have been doing this exact same face in a Den O episode possessed by Momotaros and it would have been great. On the flipside doing it as the end all villain who ass whips every Rider in history at the same time...nope.

Remember folks it could always be worse...your end boss could be this guy.

Amadam is not Wizard's end boss, he's the villain in the Wizard crossover special.

javadoze

Nope. Den-O got it exactly right.

Screw Chou Climax Form.
I meant that Momotaro had absolutely nothing to do with Liner form (seeing that it represented Ryotaro's character growth and standing on his own and whatnot, which made it awesome). Seeing Momotaro practically replace Ryotaro as Den-O and steal his form is just insult to injury (this is coming from someone who doesn't really mind the show itself).

WillyFive

The main actor becoming really popular really threw a wrench into all the Den-O sequels. Now you had him be a boy due to time travel hijinks, and then when he got too old now it was like he didn't exist and Momotaro was the Rider.

But it's not as bad as what they did to Black and Black RX.

from the brief glimpse of Drive, it does seem like he does know some martial arts.

which 'team' is doing the choreography for drive?

It's usually Sakamoto that directs stuff from Riko Sanjo, but he doesn't seem to be the head director for Drive; instead it's Ryuta Tasaki, who directed Kamen Rider W and Akibaranger.

Corgi

Banned
It's usually Sakamoto that directs stuff from Riko Sanjo, but he doesn't seem to be the head director for Drive; instead it's Ryuta Tasaki, who directed Kamen Rider W and Akibaranger.
hmmm... the biggest weakness of W was the poor fight choreography, which was redeemed a bit with the sakamoto films lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Yeah, quite a bit.

Two I worked on the most were "Kamen Rider Dawn" and "Kamen Rider Dynamo". The former is a cowboy, and it was sort of a more "darker" Kamen Rider, like it wouldn't be as gung-ho about killing monsters. Gimmick was little Pez Dispenser (the candy is bullets instead) animal totems which change into different guns, and his belt was his dead father reincarnated as a scarab beetle. Kamen Rider Dynamo, on the other hand, was a rapper with dinosaur powers and a gimmick between switching between Fire and Ice Forms. His final form would basically be a B-Ball Player, and he'd be unique as he'd have two belts.

WillyFive

Megaforce Carrenger tribute

Like every Megaforce episode, it could have been more than it ended up being. Heck, they did so little effort they didn't even add the Silver Ranger to the episode, and filled up a bunch of dead time by replaying last year's morphing sequences.

But I enjoyed it for the little it was.

BatDan

Super Megaforce 11

That was a total mess...
One positive I'll give was the original fight scene with Levira holding onto Jake like a ragdoll.
We also finally got a scene of the MMPR kicking ass. A shame it took 11 episodes!

So much padding with the morphing this episode. They knew they had little footage due to the presence of Kyouske. So much so that they took the opening scene from Gokaiger 24 and dubbed over that Japanese woman. I know it's not the first time they dubbed over a Japanese civilian, but that was especially bad.
Thankfully, no random Turboranger morph. But one has to wonder where they got the unicycle, skates, and bicycle when they were attacking Jealousto (I know they changed his name, I can't be arsed to know it or care).

Wait, where the hell was Orion in all this? No explanation given at all... (I am aware the Gokaiger footage took place before Gai's intro, but for PR purposes...)

Why would they even adapt that episode when there's so little they can use from it? As it stands they have to cut 31 or so Gokaiger episodes and this is one of the ones that made the cut for them?

BatDan

Why would they even adapt that episode when there's so little they can use from it? As it stands they have to cut 31 or so Gokaiger episodes and this is one of the ones that made the cut for them?

Incompetence. Just sheer, unabashed, incompetence.
It's the same reason why for the first half of the season, of the 50 episodes of Goseiger they could have adapted, they chose to adapt the one where they couldn't laugh or they would get sucked into a jar, and treated Hyde like he was superhuman because he didn't laugh at Manzai routines.
If anything, it was worse in PR because Noah wouldn't laugh at "Why was 6 afraid of 7?"

BatDan

Noah suddenly wanted to be a trained killer swordman made me wtf the most.

I'll never get why people say that episode is good.
It would be good if it involved completely different characters. But they gave us pre-established ones and expected us to believe Noah would go from the team's sniper to Roronoa Zoro.

Slayven

I'll never get why people say that episode is good.
It would be good if it involved completely different characters. But they gave us pre-established ones and expected us to believe Noah would go from the team's sniper to Roronoa Zoro.

It's like don't believe in characterization from episode to episode.

Tenumi

Banned
I may like Power Rangers more than some and will defend it the best I can, but there was really no need for this latest episode, ESPECIALLY since it adapted a pre-Gai episode. I think the only reason it was used was probably so they didn't have to film new Turbo suit footage. Rather ironic, considering there was a good chunk of original footage that episode.

Top Bottom