• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

Which is why Knuckle Returns: Zack Punches Everything Guest Starring Terui Ryu needs to happen.

...and featuring Utchy With A Shutgun

over-time-voltasaur-team-kyoryuger-40-1a31e269-mkv_snapshot_08-30_2013-12-13_20-49-26.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
do we have a deadpool for the next episode? im honestly suprised there are so many noncombatant members of team gaim still in the city

do we have a deadpool for the next episode? im honestly suprised there are so many noncombatant members of team gaim still in the city

Bravo and Gridon are surviving, since their belts are out. I'm guessing Marika is going in the next episode. Zack will either die in the next to last episode, or survive until the end.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bravo and Gridon are surviving, since their belts are out. I'm guessing Marika is going in the next episode. Zack will either die in the next to last episode, or survive until the end.

The ending is gonna be all like, Kouta is dead and Kaito is still in Overlord form and he goes up to Zack and is like "WHOS THE MASTA", and Zack is all pissed off and goes "I AM" and then the Walnut lockseed turns into an All Nuts Lockseed and he beats Kaito to a pulp and flies off into outerspace.

Book it.

Parallax

bravo and gridon could pull a last minute hero play to save the remaining gaim members. yoko looks gone.

The ending is gonna be all like, Kouta is dead and Kaito is still in Overlord form and he goes up to Zack and is like "WHOS THE MASTA", and Zack is all pissed off and goes "I AM" and then the Walnut lockseed turns into an All Nuts Lockseed and he beats Kaito to a pulp and flies off into outerspace.

Book it.

i swear to all i will play the last dragon theme if that shit happens

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems
Ryoma
is coming back in either the final "special" episode of Gaim, or maybe Gaim x Drive. Saw a pic of
him in a new suit, like Duke but red. Apparently Ryoma has "cyborg" makeup one when he was spotted during filming.

Parallax

Seems
Ryoma
is coming back in either the final "special" episode of Gaim, or maybe Gaim x Drive. Saw a pic of
him in a new suit, like Duke but red. Apparently Ryoma has "cyborg" makeup one when he was spotted during filming.

jesus. why.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Book it.

All Nuts

not

Mixed Nuts

ya blew it

I wonder if there are Japanese boards pissed about that.

17 Pokemon movies, goddamn.

fun fact: pokemon movies are distributed by Toho, and well we know Godzilla is owned by Toho

Toho gonna Toho

vareon

Book it.

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS

NeonZ

Seems
Ryoma

Those spoilers posted above must be for Movie Wars, since Gaim's filming ended a few weeks back.

Gaim needs to have a standalone 30 minutes or so story in the movie.
There wouldn't be enough time to build up a new villain decently, so I guess they went with an existing character. I think it could work decently, especially if they can tie Ryoma's survival and return as a cyborg with whoever is the main villain in the crossover, who probably will be created by Drive's Riku Sanjo rather than some random writer, since he always writes the movies for his own shows.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

KingDirk

Really nice backstory. I don't know, Gaim seems to have more story than these shows usually have. It's probably all a bunch of horseshit, but I'd like to think that's why the series is so good.

The best Kamen Rider shows feel like they have a lot more to their worlds, usually. You could have made a whole show focused on Skull for W, and there were actually a ton of places you could go in the Fourze universe. Heck, moving off to the side, Kyoryuger also had some threads you could follow, so Drive will probably also rock in this regard.

WillyFive

The best Kamen Rider shows feel like they have a lot more to their worlds, usually. You could have made a whole show focused on Skull for W, and there were actually a ton of places you could go in the Fourze universe. Heck, moving off to the side, Kyoryuger also had some threads you could follow, so Drive will probably also rock in this regard.

Oddly enough, both Fourze and Kyoryuger ended with the same cliffhanger about there being more out there in outer space; with
the Kamen Rider Club awaiting first contact, and Daigo realizing that there are more Deboss-like guys out there in the galaxy. Fourze x Kyoryuger Alien Invasion Space Adventure when?

KingDirk

Oddly enough, both Fourze and Kyoryuger ended with the same cliffhanger about there being more out there in outer space; with
the Kamen Rider Club awaiting first contact, and Daigo realizing that there are more Deboss-like guys out there in the galaxy. Fourze x Kyoryuger Alien Invasion Space Adventure when?

I know their cliffhangers overlapped, but it's a cliffhanger I really love I guess. And nobody could handle the awesomeness of Gentaro and Daigo working together.

WarRock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhd-pv4bGgE
Zack being too sexy for Baron.

If anyone's interested, here's some plot details on Kaito's origin story in a Gaim Guide.

Some interesting stuff on the start of the Beat Riders thing. But it kind of begs the question as to why this stuff wasn't mentioned in the series proper.

That's textbook character design. Any videogame, movie and TV series has huge amounts of backstory for their characters. Also, Peco is a tierwhore.

shaowebb

I posted this in the "what game do you want to get a Musou spinoff" thread. How do you guys feel about this idea?

shaowebb said:
Given we already have the Battride War series for Kamen Rider being done by Namco I think its high time that Super Sentai gets made into a Musou title.

After playing Warriors Orochi's Gauntlet mode and the new team options in Orochi Ultimate I have to say having a team of characters with on the fly switching like this could definitely work. Choose a team and choose to play 1 player. Hit right on D Pad and the rest of the team come out as AI and your R1 meter burn specials suddenly are team formation specials. Hit Left on Dpad to cycle through formations of several characters being out at once so you can selectively setup for team moves you want to use that only require certain pairings as well as give some of the team a breather. Trade off for not having the full team on the field beside you at all times is they can recover Meter and health and dont get destroyed. Point of switching who you are playing on the fly is to alot more experience to that character than the AI would earn.

The new team formations, team musous, gauntlet mode formations, and on the fly switching to characters sent to perform missions is something that would be very VERY good to emphasize more gameplay around IMO. Super Sentai Musou would be perfect for it. Sign me up to play a team of Gobusters and Gokaiger. DLC can be Akiba Ranger.

Super Sentai needs something and after playing with these tools in Orochi Ultimate I gotta say its doable now. How does this sound to you guys?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I posted this in the "what game do you want to get a Musou spinoff" thread. How do you guys feel about this idea?

Super Sentai needs something and after playing with these tools in Orochi Ultimate I gotta say its doable now. How does this sound to you guys?

I'll say what I always say to ideas like this. I would LOVE to see it, but I also know that realistically it'll never happen. The potential market for a well-made Sentai game is too small for Bandai-Namco to actually invest the necessary resources for a game of this scope. They gave it a sort of test-run with that Gokai/Shinken/Gosei/Go-On/Goranger Wii game, it sold horribly, and they've never attempted anything more than quick, cheap yearly DS/3DS cash-ins ever since. The audience just isn't there.

WillyFive

I think we need a Megazord game from the developers of the Godzilla Melee games. Be able to play your favorite mechs, and have them combine and switch in real-time during battles.

kyoryugc.gif

Also, I think a Super Sentai Musou with the whole team playable at once is very possible. It can be identical to control a single character; but in the Sentai Musou your entire team would be a single entity that responds to your commands just as quick and as accurate as a single person can. You could mix and match Rangers (just like the Sentai Arcade games in Japan) to have different attacks and abilities to choose from, and have specific finishers and attacks for certain combination of Rangers.

For both of these types of games, you could use a Power system (it's name would depend on the team you're using, such as Mojikara for Shinkengers or Imagination for ToQgers) to allow for stronger attacks; for example at the start of a level you'll start with basic weapons or punching attacks (like fist fighting and stunts for Kyoryuger and Gekiranger), and after doing a bunch of combos your power level rises and you will start using power-ups (like the Armed-On weapons for Kyoryuger, or the weapons for Gekiranger), and doing even better with those will power you up to super modes (like Carnival for Kyoryuger or Super Gekiranger for Gekirangers).

Same for Megazords, you start off with the basic configuration (ToQ-Oh), after doing well other Zords will appear on the map, if you grab them you can upgrade (like ToQ-Oh Tank); if you grab enough to make a new Zord, you can combine them and play as them (like Diesel-Oh), and with enough power you can combine both to make a combined Megazord (like Cho ToQ-Oh).

LostAnkh

Yeah, Wizard might have been good if it had this much to work with.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh yeah, I notice we're gonna have Kamen Rider used-in series in Drive...after all, his belt apparently yells "KAMEN RIDER" I saw in the preview.

Nice since we haven't had that the last two years. I sort of like the name drop, even when it wouldn't really make sense.

Where is that kyoryuger gif from?

Spoilers, man =/

The Kyoryuger Movie. Gaburincho of Music or something like that.

Oh yeah, I notice we're gonna have Kamen Rider used-in series in Drive...after all, his belt apparently yells "KAMEN RIDER" I saw in the preview.

Nice since we haven't had that the last two years. I sort of like the name drop, even when it wouldn't really make sense.

I believe that was Sanjo's thing in W, having the name directly used.

Ryuki 42

Yo Japanese police, Asakura is hiding under the bridge Toei use in all their TV shows. How could you not find him?

Anyway, as you all already know Yutaka Kobayashi (Kaito) was a pastry chef before he became an Overlord, and now he has a Youtube cooking channel. It's got dancing and VN-style schmoozing. And dessert.

Watch Da Birdie

Remeber that one YouTube video made that shows that CGI monster attacking Tokyo? Forgot what it was called...

Apparently the dude behind that monster design is doing the monsters in Drive. I like them so far, have a really horror-movie vibe...fitting since Kamen Rider originally just re-used horror movie monsters for its MOTW it seems.

Also, word is that Drive is going to be a "both new stride for the franchise while paying homage to its roots" like W was, in part because Heisei has outnumbered Show now in terms of Riders technically.

javadoze

ToQger 27

This episode felt a bit strange. The midseason powerup episode of a show should represent some kind of raise in stakes. Yet this episode should've been switched out with the first Shadow Town episode and it could've been way more effective.

0 shirtless Daigos/10

On the topic of other shows, episodes 31 and 32 of Jetman are amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They are just mindless bots, behind both the social media account and the show writing team.

Good point. Especially since the scripts for the last "four" seasons have been copy-pasted Sentai scripts with the names changed. Something a machine can do.

LostAnkh

Remeber that one YouTube video made that shows that CGI monster attacking Tokyo? Forgot what it was called...

Apparently the dude behind that monster design is doing the monsters in Drive. I like them so far, have a really horror-movie vibe...fitting since Kamen Rider originally just re-used horror movie monsters for its MOTW it seems.

Also, word is that Drive is going to be a "both new stride for the franchise while paying homage to its roots" like W was, in part because Heisei has outnumbered Show now in terms of Riders technically.
This guy has contributed a lot of designs for Tokusatsu, such as Kamen ZO and Kamen Rider J, and many SIC designs. He's going to be designing some of the Titans for the live-action Attack on Titan film.

If anybody wanted to know what the short was called, it's "Giant God Warrior appears in Tokyo", and the monster is apparently based on a monster of the same name from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, but with a new design.

vareon

Takayuki Takeya is a legendary designer and sculptor, and as LostAnkh said he has a long history with Kamen Rider (the SIC line used to be "Takeya designs an Ishinomori hero"). His Colossal Titan statue is also amazing. His name being thrown as Drive's staff is a huge deal, and I can't wait how he design things while basing around the car concept with the constraint of a kid's show.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 27

New villain!
And the power-up of the season. Hyper Express reminds me of Super Goseiger in design, but it looks worse. I hope the others can use it eventually (but probably not since "strongest imagination only")

WarRock

This guy has contributed a lot of designs for Tokusatsu, such as Kamen ZO and Kamen Rider J, and many SIC designs. He's going to be designing some of the Titans for the live-action Attack on Titan film.

If anybody wanted to know what the short was called, it's "Giant God Warrior appears in Tokyo", and the monster is apparently based on a monster of the same name from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, but with a new design.

Start your hype engines.

Top Bottom