• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Hah, found a neat easter egg in Chapter 2

put the potion in the bucket!

Is there actual
lotion
that you can put in it to get some extended response or is that it? I got the reference, but I was just curious.

Edit - Wait, I don't remember a helmet...

Fugu

Can you equip pet handling on a pet to get the boost?

It's not just finances that are a problem here with closed servers. Runic have always expressed a desire to stay small. They've self-imposed a maximum head count of 30-35 staff, and they're already at that limit. If they were to host closed servers, they'd need more staff. That's going to conflict with their company policy.
I don't know, there are some less-than-big operations with closed servers. It's all speculation though. I really hope they do answer the question.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just solo'ed the Slime Tar on Elite.. LOL. easy. since they are slow. just used Hailstorm and Firebombs. lol.

Everything is easy to kill with an Embermage. The only challenge involved is not dying, which becomes easier the faster you can kill things. It's the only reason I'm not playing on Elite. Random ranged attacks can one-shot me.

Is there actual
lotion
that you can put in it to get some extended response or is that it? I got the reference, but I was just curious.

Edit - Wait, I don't remember a helmet...

The lotion bottle is pretty well hidden. It won't show up like every other item does. You have to look around the whole for a green bottle. Put the lotion in the bucket and you get bunch of gold and a helmet as a reward. The helmet's name has a very relevant reference

spirity

I don't know, there are some less-than-big operations with closed servers. It's all speculation though. I really hope they do answer the question.

Grinding Gear springs to mind. I don't know how those guys do it tbh, but I have very little knowledge of server maintenance costs. I wouldn't think it would be cheap.

Fugu

Grinding Gear springs to mind. I don't know how those guys do it tbh, but I have very little knowledge of server maintenance costs. I wouldn't think it would be cheap.
I'm interested to know how much it's costing Blizzard to continue running Diablo 2, seeing as that game makes them almost nothing.

Neki

There's in area in Act 3 called the Forgotten Halls, anyone know how I get down there? It's near the Cairn Pit.

Fuck yeah, I'm basically invincible. Between Aegis, Forcefield, Healing Bot and my massive bonuses from physical and magic enchantments/gems, my health bar doesn't even move. I love it.

Fugu

There's in area in Act 3 called the Forgotten Halls, anyone know how I get down there? It's near the Cairn Pit.
I'd like to know this myself.

EDIT: No wait, I remember now. Just progress with the main line quest and it'll open up.

Ashodin

1D0D9D052F6B396070E669AA92E25C802C1353D3

YEAHHHHHHHH I just got to level 36. Look at that bad boy!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What difficulty are you playing on?

Pretty sure normal. I played the same all heal/support build on Veteran and things can get ugly real quick if you are standing too close to some mobs. Especially the part before the last boss was ugly.

And repost:
Anyone know whether there is a way to find a map works map with spiders without looking through all of them? From the name or symbol somehow?

xCobalt

How do you go about farming bosses? I thought enemies don't respawn in this game. What's the process of respawning them again and do all bosses in an Act drop similar items or does the final one drop better items?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do you go about farming bosses? I thought enemies don't respawn in this game. What's the process of respawning them again and do all bosses in an Act drop similar items or does the final one drop better items?

Start an internet game and check "randomize environments?" That's just a guess, I don't really know.

VandalD

Either reroll your world by making an internet or LAN game, or quit your single player game, make it again, and just go to the boss's area again. I think that makes enemies respawn but doesn't reroll the world. Gonna check on that now, actually.

Welp, didn't work for a certain boss in act 3. Guess you gotta reroll each time.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any class can use any weapon, soooooooooooo

Well. Having an embermage fitted with tons of strength to wield and make some damage with 2H weapons is a bit of a stretch, dont you think?

This game....man this game. I think this is a contender for my GOTY easily. I just wish I could convince my Diablo buddies to buy this but they are all stuck on Guild Wars 2.

I am still not out of Act 1. I keep having fun with different classes (the usual way I treat a game like this). If the other acts are as good I am just blown away by the quality of this game taht you only have to pay 20 bucks for.

VandalD

I am still not out of Act 1. I keep having fun with different classes (the usual way I treat a game like this). If the other acts are as good I am just blown away by the quality of this game taht you only have to pay 20 bucks for.
There was some worry during the beta that they put all the variety in the game up front in act 1 to make the game look better. I would say this isn't the case. I'm sure people will have a certain act that is their favorite, but I don't think it'll be like D2 where everybody hates and wants to skip act 3. You have good things to look forward to. Act 2 and 3 are both as great as act 1, if not better.

There was some worry during the beta that they put all the variety in the game up front in act 1 to make the game look better. I would say this isn't the case. I'm sure people will have a certain act that is their favorite, but I don't think it'll be like D2 where everybody hates and wants to skip act 3. You have good things to look forward to. Act 2 and 3 are both as great as act 1, if not better.

This is great to hear. :D

Anyone else feel like vit and focus give hardly any health or mana?

Every class ends up a glass cannon except the engineer because he's got tons of healing and mitigation stuff.

This is great to hear. :D

I really enjoy the setting and theme of Act 3. A mix of a couple of traditional RPG area types that works well, with cool enemies that have awesome entrances.

The witches' bat swarm preceding their appearance, and werewolves swinging down from the rafters of houses!

Miletius

The wisp? but then again i die too because i haven't upgraded my armor since forever lol.

The wisps are really hard, but it's most difficult because the ghost that can spawn them moves slowly. So, you have to run in the middle of the wisp pack to get the ghost, or risk more wisps. I think I've found a good way to kill him but it's pretty challenging.

Edit: Found a greatsword with 30 life on hit + a socket. Much better now that I am doing more damage and getting life on hit back.

xCobalt

Either reroll your world by making an internet or LAN game, or quit your single player game, make it again, and just go to the boss's area again. I think that makes enemies respawn but doesn't reroll the world. Gonna check on that now, actually.

Welp, didn't work for a certain boss in act 3. Guess you gotta reroll each time.

Exiting the game works for me. I did go through a different dungeon between the two visits though. Not sure if it's dependent on time, changing your waypoint portal or going through another dungeon.

Cannongineer is so good. Anyone else going that route instead of melee?

I am and I agree.

By not using other skills that use up your charges, you can spend them on the force field all the time and be invincible!

What stats should I pump, I wonder? Not focus since I don't need execute chance, not vit since I don't need block chance and I try to stay out of melee range anyway...

Zizbuka

Banned
I just started, not a huge loot game fan, but I'm enjoying it. For comparison, I didn't really like Diablo X that much, just seemed bland. This has more variety. If I had to pick my favorite loot-whore games, it would be this and Titan Quest.

Now, is there any crafting in this game? I'm probably mixed up, but I thought I read something a while back about it.

So has anyone else having issues with the menu saying strict nat? It seems to be some sort of bug I can play other games online but this one is giving me a problem

xJavonta

Banned
try the demo. it's on steam or on their site.

I don't have the computer yet, I'm looking at some for school (I get too distracted by my desktop PC). But since it's more than a MBA, I decided not to get it.

Anyone play this on a new Macbook Air 13" with the Intel HD 4000? If so how does it run at native resolution?

Blizzard

Banned
where can I find spiders to kill guys lol
The area immediately north of the enclave is full of the beastly things if I recall correctly, especially one of the early quest caves and bosses.

Cannongineer is so good. Anyone else going that route instead of melee?
I've been doing both, but since I can never seem to notice my normal skills or attacks charging the meter much I figured I would just put skill points in most everything that doesn't use charge. Plus I love how slowly the engineer uses mana, and I love the beam cannon animation. Set up for the team (healbot + force field), then sit back and THOOM THOOM THOOM if they don't need stuns.

vanty

Is there any trick to finding spells? After 5 hours all I've found is some mostly useless one that can sometimes destroy shields within 5m or something. I remember finding a lot more in the first game, at the very least I want a healing one.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
In act 2, lvl 39 berserker, just about to start playing. Anyone down to play with me? Will probably be streaming the session on Twitch.

Top Bottom