• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Yes. We're combining a lot into single stretch goals right now, but we can work on the spacing and size once the Kickstarter starts slowing down.

Wish you guys could get Chris Avellone involved with some facet of the project's development as a stretch goal. I feel like it would do wonders for the pledges! ;-)

Just realized something after listening through the pitch video (PS:T spoilers):

So you're basically playing as The Eternal One? The shedding enabling the immortality of another individual?

Would be kinda interesting if they, thematically, did the reverse of PS:T - TEO instead of another TNO

Updated by journal

Midou

Wish you guys could get Chris Avellone involved with some facet of the project's development as a stretch goal. I feel like it would do wonders for the pledges! ;-)

10 million dollar stretch goal is that Avellone leaves Obsidian and joins inXile.

Just realized something after listening through the pitch video (PS:T spoilers):

So you're basically playing as The Eternal One? The shedding enabling the immortality of another individual?

Would be kinda interesting if they, thematically, did the reverse of PS:T - TEO instead of another TNO

Updated by journal

No, they said you were a spent body of The Nameless God (or whatever name they gave it).

Holy shit, the $200K personal match is kind of nuts.

Edit: Whoops, $100K, got confused by the wording and being mentioned twice. Still! Nuts!

Well there are two matches, as I understand it. Fargo will put in 100,000 once it reaches 2mil (might have already, PayPal considered). And Dracogen will match 1 dollar for every 10 between 2 and 3 millions. Which it will, so another 100k. So pretty much money in the bank if they follow through. Which I'm pretty sure Fargo will, at a minimum.

Is there any concept art of the male Last Castoff out there?

I think we were starting a rumor that it was EviLore earlier. Speaking of which, has he said if/how much he is giving this time. I think he did the character portrait level in Project Eternity.

edit: Just looked back. Looks like he started it. Accidentally. Maybe. He quoted a post and that got misinterpreted that he was the mystery backer.

Eusis

I feel for pc/party characters it should be feasible as stretch goal.
It seriously limits your dialogue options BECAUSE of them being voiced, when fully done, nevermind how strange it'd be when contrasted with regular NPCs.

No, all I'd want as a stretch goal is Planescape Torment levels of VA: find the most significant points in the story, and voice them for greater impact. Meeting Deionarra's ghost near the start of the game is a great example of what I'm talking about.

I think we were starting a rumor that it was EviLore earlier. Speaking of which, has he said if/how much he is giving this time. I think he did the character portrait level in Project Eternity.

edit: Just looked back. Looks like he started it. Accidentally. Maybe. He quoted a post and that got misinterpreted that he was the mystery backer.

I thought I saw lore did 500

So what backing level would be good for getting a copy of Wasteland 2, this game and all of the neato stretch goal novellas and so forth they're talking about?

I missed the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

So what backing level would be good for getting a copy of Wasteland 2, this game and all of the neato stretch goal novellas and so forth they're talking about?

I missed the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

$45 plus the add-ons for what you want. Alternatively pick the tier with all the goodies you want, and then do a $25 add-on for Wasteland 2. But if the tier you pick is $250 or higher it already comes with Wasteland 2.

2 millions!

GlassBox

Banned
And another stretch goal met.

2 million in 2 days. Not bad at all. Things will slow down considerably now of course. But we'll see how things go when they get more goals brought up.

Zukuu

Banned
Are the paypal pledges included for the kickstarter counter? If not, do they count toward stretch goals and will you give an update how much was pledged via pay pal so we can calculate how much was pledged in total?

Are the paypal pledges included for the kickstarter counter? If not, do they count toward stretch goals and will you give an update how much was pledged via pay pal so we can calculate how much was pledged in total?

No, they are not part of the Kickstarter count. If they do it like PE, they will count them towards the stretch goals and announce progress approximately daily. Usually via Twitter.

Bluth54

I just put in $45 since I didn't chip in for the Wasteland 2 kickstarter and I'll most likely be getting that game as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how much money they make on this game.

Durante

I hope they do this. I'd actually rather pledge via paypal than via kickstarter, though I won't give up my $95 slot.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
In past/other KS projects, including Wasteland 2, Paypal totals have counted towards stretch goals.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they do this. I'd actually rather pledge via paypal than via kickstarter, though I won't give up my $95 slot.

They're activating the paypal payments at 1pm PST. Email or Tweet Joby Bednar, who is setting up inXiles' paypal system. He might be willing/able to transfer your pledge.

injurai

Banned
Anyone else happier that they are using Numenera as the back drop instead of Planescape?

I feel it is reinvigorating my interests. It's an huge aesthetic improvement at the very least.

Durante

Anyone else happier that they are using Numenera as the back drop instead of Planescape?

I feel it is reinvigorating my interests. It's an huge aesthetic improvement at the very least.
I don't really see this. Planescape had massive potential for pretty much anything aesthetically -- to be fair, it seems that so does Numenera.

mclem

It's taking a lot of willpower to keep myself from switching from the $110 tier to the $275 tier. So, so, so excited for this game.

I couldn't jump *that* far, but I mentioned earlier in the thread that I could very readily be tempted up from my $95 bracket by a nice physical tier in the $170 ballpark.

Kayhan

Yes. This far future scenario feels a lot fresher.

I pre-ordered the core rulebook for the pen and paper game to get all that juicy background info. Really love what I have seen of the setting so far.

Minsc

Gold Member

szaromir

Banned
Planescape Torment today, with widescreen and high-resolution mods and community patches is a lot more playable and prettier than it was when it launched. The same is true for other Infinity Engine games. The only thing that seems out of place is the fact that most locations are only a little bit bigger than a single 1080p screen.

CrunchyB

I just bought Planescap: Torment again via gog and dled all the mods. Been a decade since I played it.

I dug up my old copy about half a year ago. I hadn't played it since it came out.

Installing all the mods took some time (and there were some annoying compatibility bugs), but overall it was a surprisingly modern experience.

Sure, the game obviously still had it's old quirks, but exploring Sigil is just as much fan now as it was a decade ago. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it, in all these years, no other game has touched that level of design brilliance (as far as I know). Skyrim's fetch quests are an embarrassment compared to the best of P:T.

Top Bottom