• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

PFD

Here's my take on the lighting/details:

tormentg3ymh.jpg

Original:

DTKT

It seems that the "last" push is a lot weaker than PE. Seems like Durante was right about the project funding curve. I hope we'll get Avellone at least.

Instro

It seems that the "last" push is a lot weaker than PE. Seems like Durante was right about the project funding curve. I hope we'll get Avellone at least.

It'll pass 3.5 without a problem, I don't think it will beat out PE though. Although technically there is another 200k we are not seeing in the KS total as well.

Prax

Oooh.. I wanna try~!
I slightly desaturated the areas around the doorway and gave them a cooler tint, but brought the saturation and warmth back in the lamps that happened to be in the blue sectors. I think this gives more focus on the doorway instead of everything being so monotonely fleshy? Plus I sharpened the image to make things look more crisp.
I realize the intention may be to have everything look "fleshy", but I think it would be more atmospheric if there were a kind of.. "haze" or breath/mist in the area so that only certain places expose the fleshy/muddy colours (maybe places with lamps or just around the party to simulate their "view").

untitled_by_meibatsu-d605hf1.png

Also, I wanna up my pledge just to get the Numenera core book and possibly Wasteland 2, but I dunno... I think I need more incentives. I really hope they bring out a secret extra supporter level to drive more hype.

Oooh.. I wanna try~!
I slightly desaturated the areas around the doorway and gave them a cooler tint, but brought the saturation and warmth back in the lamps that happened to be in the blue sectors. I think this gives more focus on the doorway instead of everything being so monotonely fleshy? Plus I sharpened the image to make things look more crisp.
I realize the intention may be to have everything look "fleshy", but I think it would be more atmospheric if there were a kind of.. "haze" or breath/mist in the area so that only certain places expose the fleshy/muddy colours (maybe places with lamps or just around the party to simulate their "view").

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/092/8/8/untitled_by_meibatsu-d605hf1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That looks great, nice one!

Midou

I didn't think the extra 200k would count toward stretch goals, but I don't know for sure.

It should see enough of a surge at the end to break 3.5 easily though.

Would be cool to get a confirmation on this, perhaps that's why people have not been making as big of a push? :p

I went as high as I could for being unemployed? :(

All the changed images look more D2 than Planescape..

The Brian Fargo/Steven Dengler money will be added after Kickstarter pledges are processed and help offset the money "lost" to pledges unfulfilled (commonly 3-8% of Kickstarters, so easily several 100K for a KS this size)

Heh, always with the screenshot fixing :p It's fun.

Midou

The Brian Fargo/Steven Dengler money will be added after Kickstarter pledges are processed and help offset the money "lost" to pledges unfulfilled (commonly 3-8% of Kickstarters, so easily several 100K for a KS this size)

Heh, always with the screenshot fixing :p It's fun.

Ah okay. That makes sense too.

and New Update

Pushing for that 1.2 million for the last 3 days. :p

Naito

I, too, think 4.5m is out of reach but you never know - I'd be really happy with 4.25m.
Mmmh.. I'll consider to up my pledge.

EDIT: Aaagh, there was one 250$ slot but it's already gone, sigh. Upped my pledge to the 250$ tier!

Zukuu

Banned
Player “Stronghold”

In your struggle to find your legacy, there may come a time when you want someplace more permanent to call home (or perhaps not so permanent or not so much a home). At $4.5M, we will implement a player stronghold that you may come across in your journeys. The stronghold will be a playable area, a personal hub and base of operations, and it may come with its own quests or difficulties. What will it be exactly? We’ll explore further to see what makes the most sense for the game and narrative. Some of the ideas (from us and from you) vary from a personal airship to a hidden location in your mind, to an alternative dimensional pocket. What it won't be is your typical cozy home - it will fit the atmosphere of Torment's story and Numenera's world. We’ll surprise you with what it may be (and perhaps its form will even depend upon your choices within the game).
:D

Man all those stretch goals are sekzy. I want them so bad. D:

http://youtu.be/DMeQzXZYi7I
I'm really impressed by the animation quality of the character :O

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Animated screenshot with what looks like the Jack character. Looks like some enemy is rushing into the scene from the bottom before the scene fully fades to black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DMeQzXZYi7I

I said wow. If they seriously manage to maintain this quality of animation, character models and backgrounds I would be seriously impressed. I love how the character doesn't seem to "stick out" from the background, it looks like he is really part of the scene even though it is a 3D model. The enemy animation was bad though.

Tanolen

Need to hit 4 mill for that second city. The other two goals arent nearly as impressive.

Also the animated screenshot is looking great.

wrowa

I love the look of it. I also think the tone fits the atmosphere of that particular area perfectly -- it is supposed to be muddy and a little bleak after all. Can't wait for the final game.

Lime

Wouldn't a 2D environment versus a 3D environment be different when the 3D characters are inserted? I am mostly asking because I think it would be better to have a dynamic 3D environment with a dynamic camera than a fixed 2D environment with dynamic 3D character in it.

What are the advantages of using 2D environments exactly? Besides making it easier for the developers to compose beautiful scenery and manipulate a static picture than a dynamic 3D scene?

Well, with easter no longer being on people's minds it's possible we'll manage to hit that 4.5 million stretch goal (4.40 if you count paypal).

Kicktraq stats:

minichart.png

exp-cone.png

dailypledges.png

Edit

Someone please gif the video, it looks amaze.

Durante

I'm not 100% sure about 4 million, but I'm quite positive, there has to be some final 2 day spike after all. And really, that's all I need, the goals above it sound nice but I could do without them.

I'm hoping for at least 4 millions, and while the 4.25 tier is kinda meh (I really don't care about crafting), I really would like to see the 4.5 tier reached - just for the chance of a mind fortress.

Added another $20 to my pledge for the new add-ons.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would be pretty surprised if this breaks past 4 million at this point, there hasn't been the suggested 'spike' in donations at all.

Llyranor

We NEED the 4mill. Extra city, music, tides are all important items. Anything more will be a nice bonus, but let's lock down 4 mill!

Top Bottom