• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

I think I'll leave the vision document alone. I knew enough about this game to pay for it about thirty seconds into the kickstarter video, and there'll be so many updates over the coming years that I don't want to reveal too much too soon.

Kainazzo

I'm having a tough time not putting up $125 on the collector's box. I'm already in the $20 tier; dropping $105 more on a box I'll likely never open isn't a good idea. Plus, there's likely to be updates to the game down the line, and then the discs are no longer the definitive version.

But it looks so pretty- like the cover of a math book!

I'm having a tough time not putting up $125 on the collector's box. I'm already in the $20 tier; dropping $105 more on a box I'll likely never open isn't a good idea. Plus, there's likely to be updates to the game down the line, and then the discs are no longer the definitive version.

Do it :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If it gives me my precious stretch goal, I'm willing to abuse it Ò_Ó. Promise cute kittens, pirate-zombies and monkeys, as long as it brings in backers! x)

Haha, I understand. Joking aside, please remember that sometimes Dev's actually do read and take suggestions from this and other forums.

Ahhhh, yessss...

What can change the nature of a man?

Labadal

I'm at the $80 tier but I'm looking at the $1000 tier... Fuuuuu...

Acosta

I'm seriously considering the 270 plus, but I think I will go got the CE, I don't feel good spending the money I would spend in a console just for a game.

The second screenshot is magnificent.

Labadal

"IT'S A GAME, NOT A THIRST SIMULATOR"
how ironic, coming from the creators of Fallout: New Vegas
Playing hardcore New Vegas was actually fun. My first playthrough was non-hardcore because hardcore didn't sound like something I would enjoy. Now it is the only way I play New Vegas.

Velinos

I'm at $326. $250 tier + $25 t-shirt + $25 poster + $14 digital comic pack + $12 Torment sourcebook.

I keep watching for $500 tiers to open. I still want that large cloth map, but my wife will kill me if I donate that much.

Miletius

I do want it to hit 4M. Anything on top of that is gravy. I only pledged $ 95 but I don't see myself going anywhere more than that right now. Maybe I'll purchase some stuff from a backer store later on down the line.

Labadal

$3.5 million reached on kickstarter. Add paypal and we're not far from the $3.75 mil. stretch goal. It WILL reach $4 mil.

duckroll

ahfVi6k.jpg

Yeah this looks pretty great. :p

Have you guys read the original Torment's vision document? It's remarkable how close the final product came to it.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/files/Files/00-0208/Torment_Vision_Statement_1997.pdf

It's a fun read.

Heh. That one is public because Chris Avellone gave it to me as part of a Torment interview in two parts I did with him and Colin, years ago: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/articles?ref=0&id=208

And now I'll be working with both those gents. Funny how those things go.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that a hugely important part of gaming's future depends on inxile & co. right now, between this and wasteland.

I have faith...go inxile.

Durante

The screenshot looks great overall, but some of the elements don't really mesh will with each other. But it's still very early and I'm sure that can be improved.

Obsidian tech? Dammit, I didn't pay for a technically broken game. Keep your poor performance and bugs please.
The only game based on "Obsidian tech" that has been released is Dungeon Siege 3, and that's basically bug-free.

Damn I upped my pledge again, base 39, but wanted Alpha/Beta access and the source book. Should be all set though. That recent environment screen they posted is fucking gorgeous.

TrutaS

That screenshot looks marvelous and gamey. If I had more money (and lived in the US) I would surely buy something more physical for this.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah that new screen is definitely nice. As long as they stick with both styles. You can tell the 2nd screen is more a drawn 2d style while the first put more emphasis on 3d with 2d painted over. Im happy as long as they find a happy middle-ground. Maybe 3d for the more organic looking stuff and the 2d for architectural.

slabrock

Banned
Already at the $80 digital tier. Might kick in another 10 for alpha access. Poster would be nice too but don't know the size of it or what it will look like.

Sober

Was going to just settle for the 75$ digital tier but being able to request physical goods with a high digital tier makes me interested in getting a poster now.

Top Bottom