• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Ledsen

9th fathom

zVrata3.png

Holy fuck my mind just exploded

MEN IN BLACK THE ENDING THE GAME

Purkake4

Banned
9th fathom

http://i.imgur.com/zVrata3.png[img][/QUOTE]
Dat art.

[quote="Shake Appeal, post: 52624839"]The 10th fathom will be Avellone's desk at Obsidian.[/QUOTE]
Nope, 10th is a computer monitor showing the snow globe, 11th is Avellone's desk containing that monitor.

[spoiler]12th is a picture of you looking at your monitor[/spoiler]

Perkel

Banned
Amusing tweet by GOG:

10th fathom will be one of Avellone's stick figures.

Well GOG is natural place for projects like that.

Honestly GOG right now is best DD store. Sure they don't have yet many games nor they have newest but quality of their service from download speed, making everything as friendly to user as possible and even giving each new game page about "what GOG thinks about this game" to giving feedback on AoD when developer talked about releasing it on their store.

holy shit so much stuff happened. the screenshots are insane, I almost got my pants wet.

also: Squiddy I have some betting debts...I owe you my red tide mister. you can have it, I won't use it :p

TommyT

The combat will be tactical, party-based, and either real-time with pause, phase-based or turn-based. As for the decision between those 3, the last thing I heard is that they want to involve the backer community sometime after the kickstarter ends.

This sounds like Dragon Age type of combat. Am I on the right track with that or can you equate it to something else (particularly that I can look up).

Durante

This sounds like Dragon Age type of combat. Am I on the right track with that or can you equate it to something else (particularly that I can look up).
It depends on which variant they would end up with. Real-time-with-pause would be like e.g. Baldur's Gate, the original Planescape: Torment and Dragon Age: Origins. Turn-based would be more like Temple of Elemental Evil.

TommyT

It depends on which variant they would end up with. Real-time-with-pause would be like e.g. Baldur's Gate, the original Planescape: Torment and Dragon Age: Origins. Turn-based would be more like Temple of Elemental Evil.

Thanks. As I originally thought, the uncertainty seals me decision.

Violet_0

Banned
taking into account the substantial last-day boost that normally happens with every kickstarter, I'd say there's a pretty good chance it will get to 4.25 million. 4.5 million seems rather unlikely, imo

Grym

They also just marked the 3.75M stretch goal complete (we must have about $87K in paypal)....29 hours left....250K to $4M and beyond

Top Bottom