• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Azih

I don't know if it's an upopular opinion here, but I really hope they don't make 4.5, having a 'fortress' vs not having a 'fortress' makes a pretty huge thematic difference and I prefer the idea of 'The Last castoff' not having a home but wandering across the Ninth World.

I don't know if it's an upopular opinion here, but I really hope they don't make 4.5, having a 'fortress' vs not having a 'fortress' makes a pretty huge thematic difference and I prefer the idea of 'The Last castoff' not having a home but wandering across the Ninth World.

I think the fortress isn't a physical place.

The Mark Morgan track, so good.

Burt

Not that it needed my support, but just got my pledge in at $45. Definitely wouldn't have pledged if I couldn't have gotten Wasteland 2 with it.

Anto

Neo Member

I don't really understand this sentiment when this:

Player “Stronghold”

In your struggle to find your legacy, there may come a time when you want someplace more permanent to call home (or perhaps not so permanent or not so much a home). At $4.5M, we will implement a player stronghold that you may come across in your journeys. The stronghold will be a playable area, a personal hub and base of operations, and it may come with its own quests or difficulties. What will it be exactly? We’ll explore further to see what makes the most sense for the game and narrative. Some of the ideas (from us and from you) vary from a personal airship to a hidden location in your mind, to an alternative dimensional pocket. What it won't be is your typical cozy home - it will fit the atmosphere of Torment's story and Numenera's world. We’ll surprise you with what it may be (and perhaps its form will even depend upon your choices within the game).

is what they've said about it.

Azih

I don't really understand this sentiment when this:

is what they've said about it.

Having a personal hub and a base of operations versus not having a personal hub/base of operations in and of itself makes a large difference in tone, no matter what form that base of operations may take.

Having a personal hub and a base of operations versus not having a personal hub/base of operations in and of itself makes a large difference in tone, no matter what form that base of operations may take.

I somehow feel like they would do something like this anyway. who would sue them

Keasar

Almost 4 Million on Kickstarter alone.

6k until this tops Project Eternity.

yes-fight-fight.gif

Acosta

It could be a ship, like the ones of Planescape, that would make sense isn't?

Acosta

Well, the moment of truth, I have been really, really thought about the 300$ tier, I really liked the idea of having a hardcover edition of the RPG book, and the physical books was a tempting extra, but it´s too much money... I like RPG books but I don't play them.

Went for the 135 + 18 shipping. Looking for it! Hope they make a superb CE (and much more important, a fantastic game!).

Llyranor

Well, the moment of truth, I have been really, really thought about the 300$ tier, I really liked the idea of having a hardcover edition of the RPG book, and the physical books was a tempting extra, but it´s too much money... I like RPG books but I don't play them.

Went for the 135 + 18 shipping. Looking for it! Hope they make a superb CE (and much more important, a fantastic game!).

If you really want the hardcover corebook, you can also order it from the Numenara site for 60$+shipping.

Acosta

If you really want the hardcover corebook, you can also order it from the Numenara site for 60$+shipping.

Thanks! Yes, I checked that in the Numenera's page when I was evaluating. Actually is one of the reasons I decided to not going for the 300$. Even if I decide to buy it apart, it´s cheaper that way.

Velinos

I hope Torment backers don't have to wait too long for the corebook. Those who pre-ordered and backed the Numenara kickstarter I expect would get the first print run, but hopefully we do not have to wait until the game ships.

Acosta

I hope Torment backers don't have to wait too long for the corebook. Those who pre-ordered and backed the Numenara kickstarter I expect would get the first print run, but hopefully we do not have to wait until the game ships.

I think it will ship with the game, or they should have to ask for two shipping fees.

Midou

So it seems paypal is around 130k, so we'd need to get 4,120,000 in the KS, it's possible I suppose. :p

Did they say or does anyone know, if they will accept Paypal to count towards stretch goals for any length of time after the end? I think it would be cool if it was until the end of the month or something, might be possible to push for one last stretch goal or something.

Grym

So it seems paypal is around 130k, so we'd need to get 4,120,000 in the KS, it's possible I suppose. :p

Did they say or does anyone know, if they will accept Paypal to count towards stretch goals for any length of time after the end? I think it would be cool if it was until the end of the month or something, might be possible to push for one last stretch goal or something.

we're doing around $30k per hour right now. If that keeps up (or increases?!?)... $30K x 4 hours remaining = $120k ...we are damn close

Phreaker

Jumped from $28 to $45 for Wasteland 2, so a $28 should be open.

Edit: Oh, never mind it looks like there are plenty now at $28

Top Bottom