• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Prax

Uurgh.. Against my own better judgement, I upped my pledge to a physical tier because I wanted a physical Numenara core book and to better support the whole team...
But do you guys think I will be able to recoup my perceived losses in some vague future time by selling some stuff? Lol

Zukuu

Banned
Concept art of the male protagonist:
fPGaBP0.jpg

Velinos

One last $20 bump for an extra copy of Torment (my wife may want to play it too). No more from me, unless of course they come through and announce that large cloth map as an add-on at the 11th hour.

Trigger

Uurgh.. Against my own better judgement, I upped my pledge to a physical tier because I wanted a physical Numenara core book and to better support the whole team...
But do you guys think I will be able to recoup my perceived losses in some vague future time by selling some stuff? Lol

Start donating blood and plasma, lol.

Acosta

I realized the 135 and the 125 is actually the same (I think? I don't see any difference), so I went for it. I'm a cheap ass :p

45 dollars nets you both Torment and WL2, but 50 bucks nets you only the stuff for Torment right?

I'm not sure how these kickstarters work to be honest.

Phreaker

Nope it's 125 now. Also, I checked my amazon payments section and cancelled my old $250 pledge and just left my 125 pledge. That should work right?

Seem like it, but I honestly don't know. I don't even know where on Amazon Payments to see what I pledged for something that hasn't hit my account yet. (I can only see kickstarters I've already paid.)

mclem

45 dollars nets you both Torment and WL2, but 50 bucks nets you only the stuff for Torment right?

I'm not sure how these kickstarters work to be honest.

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/thekstiers

Seem like it, but I honestly don't know. I don't even know where on Amazon Payments to see what I pledged for something that hasn't hit my account yet. (I can only see kickstarters I've already paid.)
You should be able to find your current pledge on the KS site; hit 'manage your pledge' and it should tell you the current one.

Ithil

I think George Ziets just appeared in the livestream, he was carrying a motorcycle helmet so I think he just arrived there from Obisidian.

Lime

Am I the only person that wants the 4.25M tier *without* crafting?

No, people have echoed the same sentiments. Crafting is tedious and cumbersome.

But it's written and promised on the tier, so InXile ain't going to back down on their promises.

Eusis

I'm disappointed the $20 tier seems to be locked down, I wouldn't mind giving mine up for a higher tier if someone could claim it, but I guess that isn't doable.

Though I wonder how much this all costs piecemeal anyway...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Crafting can be wholly inoffensive if inspired by something like Baldur's Gate 2, where you killed a dragon and took its scales back to forge a suit of armor offering the same sort of resistances that the dragon possessed, or reforged a legendary broken sword after coming across the pieces scattered throughout the world. Giant Bag of Crap Syndrome is obviously not the way to go.

Lime

Has anyone rounded up posts that shat upon this KS project's chances with talk about KS fatigue and less than stellar end-performance?

Considering how fast the funding went in the beginning, I am not sure that anyone even got the chance to talk about KS fatigue.

Even knowing that many Kickstarters get a significant final boost, it felt strange to me to assume that it would even hit $3.5M last week, since $500K (or however much it was off by) is a lot of money to raise. And now it's comfortably past $4M. It's crazy how much money is floating out there, yearning to be spent.

Anto

Neo Member
Crafting can be wholly inoffensive if inspired by something like Baldur's Gate 2, where you killed a dragon and took its scales back to forge a suit of armor offering the same sort of resistances that the dragon possessed, or reforged a legendary broken sword after coming across the pieces scattered throughout the world. Giant Bag of Crap Syndrome is obviously not the way to go.

This is more how I imagined the crafting Numenara to work. Like reforging the Equalizer in BG2, or some such. Not an MMO-style crafting. That wouldn't even make sense.

Eusis

Has anyone rounded up posts that shat upon this KS project's chances with talk about KS fatigue and less than stellar end-performance?

Considering how fast the funding went in the beginning, I am not sure that anyone even got the chance to talk about KS fatigue.
Shroud of the Avatar (and to a lesser extent Divinity) got more of that from what I saw, some cynicism over Larian doing it for a game that was going to be released anyway, and a LOT for Shroud of the Avatar due to the combo of a bad pitch and Richard Garriott being pretty damn rich.

I do want both to succeed though, morbid fascination for Shroud of the Avatar (and wanting them to AT LEAST hit the Spoony stretch goal), and given Divinity's following the spirit of inXile (publishers have failed, break away and go partially at least to consumers) I'm actually supporting that one too.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Just put 45$. Two upcoming games im really looking forward to, drm free digital.
I wish i had more money to donate than that but, i went back to school and im so so poor now :(

Midou

Yeah stream is hard to listen too, mic is booming and hard to hear, hope they fix it, I'll check back.

Seems like 4.25 is pretty much guaranteed with Paypal included, awesome stuff. I thought 4.5 million was crazy, but in the end they will only be 1 stretch goal off.

Top Bottom