• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

mclem

lXOebEC.jpg

Oh my.

Someone nudge the needle, I think it's stuck.

Eusis

I don't think the expectations for Wasteland 2 to be a super amazing game is as high as that for Eternity and Torment.
It WILL look bad if the game's mediocre, but as long as it's "Pretty good" or at least shows signs that these people can put out something great then it's good.

duckroll

It WILL look bad if the game's mediocre, but as long as it's "Pretty good" or at least shows signs that these people can put out something great then it's good.

Oh certainly. I'm not saying the game sucking will be fine. But I don't think there's that much a sense of "THIS BETTER BE ONE OF THE BEST RPGS OF ALL TIME OR ELSE!!" for Wasteland 2. For Torment? The feeling is kinda there! Lol. :p

Midou

Oh certainly. I'm not saying the game sucking will be fine. But I don't think there's that much a sense of "THIS BETTER BE ONE OF THE BEST RPGS OF ALL TIME OR ELSE!!" for Wasteland 2. For Torment? The feeling is kinda there! Lol. :p

Yeah, I think Fargo is fully aware of this too. Hopefully it doesn't become too much for the team. They should just focus on making a great game instead of trying to match P:T though.

Labadal

Question. I "upped" my pledge to the $110 tier and amazon confirmed the payment. The problem is that the KS page says I'm only an $80 backer. They will only charge $80, right?

duckroll

Yeah, I think Fargo is fully aware of this too. Hopefully it doesn't become too much for the team. They should just focus on making a great game instead of trying to match P:T though.

I think an amount of pressure is good creatively. After all, that's why everyone is so willing to throw money at these guys who have done great things in the past before. We want to see them do it again!

Question. I "upped" my pledge to the $110 tier and amazon confirmed the payment. The problem is that the KS page says I'm only an $80 backer. They will only charge $80, right?

No, you better check again. You might have pledged $110 and set the backer level at $80 by mistake. That would mean they can charge you $110 but you only get the $80 backer tier.

Zeliard

What I did yesterday. Then picked off a $250 a little while ago.

Can get the novellas as a $40 addon.

Yeah might be worth it to wait for the stuff instead, since the $110 tier already comes with the digital collection of the novellas. It's a $165 difference between the two tiers but the Corebook + physical novellas together comes out to $110 w/ S&H if added separately. The rest of the difference is mostly in alpha/beta access.

Which would be nice to have.

Hrm.

Eusis

You have to select the tier AND change the amount you want to put in I believe.

Zeliard

I don't think the expectations for Wasteland 2 to be a super amazing game is as high as that for Eternity and Torment.

I can definitely say I have higher expections for the latter two, but that's because I feel more strongly about the Infinity Engine games than the original Wasteland. I imagine MightyHedgehog might feel differently. :p

duckroll

I can definitely say I have higher expections for the latter two, but that's because I feel more strongly about the Infinity Engine games than the original Wasteland. I imagine MightyHedgehog might feel differently. :p

Well, here's what I think, anyone who really feels strongly about Wasteland 1, isn't going to have huge expectations for Wasteland 2 beyond there being a wealth of skill options and lots of peripheral writing and narrative text.

Lol.

Yes, I said it. Come at me guys!

Zeliard

The corebook is the 416-page, hardcover rulebook and setting guide filled with beautiful full-color art by all of the Numenera artists.

So fucking hard to resist. If I'm gonna buy it seperately for $70 then I may as well just go for the $275 tier.

I need to stop wrestling with these decisions in the final minutes.

Well, here's what I think, anyone who really feels strongly about Wasteland 1, isn't going to have huge expectations for Wasteland 2 beyond there being a wealth of skill options and lots of peripheral writing and narrative text.

Lol.

Yes, I said it. Come at me guys!

He's gonna come in here!

Edit: lol!

Lime

I finally figured out what to tell people when they ask me what to do after I finished studying philosophy. he's my personal hero now.

It's simply a false myth that a philosophy degree doesn't amount to employment after graduating. You just have to know how to apply the theories and types of argumentation onto different contexts. If you have a nice curriculum vitae to go along with such applicable skills, you're pretty much set and guaranteed a position in which you have to use your brain (this includes game design/writing).

Oh, alright then.
But only because we managed to reach the 4.25 million tier!

ok! yeah I'm happy too even though I lost the bet ;P
I kinda expected you to make me change it to mccombs face or something
damn my ass hurts. I really sat the whole day here following the KS progress and now watching the stream. lol my life will be empty after this has ended

It's simply a false myth that a philosophy degree doesn't amount to employment after graduating. You just have to know how to apply the theories and types of argumentation onto different contexts. If you have a nice curriculum vitae to go along with such applicable skills, you're pretty much set and guaranteed a position in which you have to use your brain (this includes game design/writing).

that would be my absolute dream.

BraXzy

Roberts was born in California, but grew up in Manchester.

It was great seeing him in the stream - it's like the fellowship of old game designers is back.

Wow weird, my home city. Since I'm feeling lucky.. I will let GAF pick anything (non-bannable) for my avatar which will be donned with pride for one month if $4.5 million is reached.

Top Bottom