• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Zeliard

This livestream definitely has more of an "formal event" feel while Obsidian's PE stream was more of an office party. This one gets more relevant info from the lead developers, while Obsidian's was more goofy/fun.

Obsidian's stream was a plastered Avellone drawing toons, the chat creeping on one of the women there, and JE Sawyer sitting stone-faced through the proceedings looking like he wanted to be anywhere else. It was fairly amazing.

Who's the fourth developer on the right? Fargo didn't tweet it.

BHIDGz6CEAAxHNs.jpg:large

Shanna Germain - she works with Monte Cook on the Numenera RPG

Theonik

Fuck just went for $143 (with shipping)
Hope I don't regret it. Still a few minutes left to change my mind I guess.

graywolf323

Bit the bullet and kicked 25. I love anything that Obsidian touches.

I sent you a PM and I hope you managed to get my previous place at the $20 tier ^_^

edit: seems I'm not the only $20 tier person that upgraded at the last minute, two more spots just opened up

edit 2: and those spots were quickly filled

Zeliard

A spiritual successor to your favorite game of all-time doesn't come along every day, after all, let alone one with such an absurdly talented team surrounding it and no publisher interference. I'll happily open my wallet up for that. :>

Eusis

I kinda want to get in for the Numenera player guide, but I can't rationalize that if I don't know if I'll ever even play it with other people, it's been years since I played a P&P RPG and that was only via online. But that can be bought separately easily if that comes, so whatever.

Eusis

Annnd funded.

Did I see a pledge pulled at the last second there? Not that I'm innocent of such myself (did it on Shadowrun, probably wouldn't have if it was in this period though.)

Lime

A spiritual successor to your favorite game of all-time doesn't come along every day, after all, let alone one with such an absurdly talented team surrounding it and no publisher interference. I'll happily open my wallet up for that. :>

Yeah, I know that feeling (managed to stretch it to $152). It's really, really amazing. Possibly the best event this generation.

What a ride this has been! When I step back and think about it, I still can barely believe we're getting a full on, feature packed bona fide Torment game with all this talent involved. It's gonna be a long couple of years.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really hope with paypal donations it was at $4.25 million

Easily, the last number we had was 125k. I hope the Paypal gets it closer to 4,5M and they decide to include the 4.5M tier nonetheless :p

So we're not getting a stronghold right? I'm... somewhat glad about that? Maybe?

Why? I dont think it would detract from the game. Its just a player hub with your guys hanging around and some extra quests.a

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Will they continue to take Paypal? How's that gonna work?

Zeliard

Annnd funded.

Did I see a pledge pulled at the last second there? Not that I'm innocent of such myself (did it on Shadowrun, probably wouldn't have if it was in this period though.)

Oh that undoubtedly happens a lot - that and pledges which aren't fulfilled in general due to faulty CC info or empty balances or whatnot, and nobody will know the ramifications of that for another week or so since I think Kickstarter gives people that much time to get the money through.

So we're not getting a stronghold right? I'm... somewhat glad about that? Maybe?

What do you think of crafting in a Torment game?

Velinos

Maybe they will add it later. They could say something like "we were $200k short of the stronghold at the kickstarter, so if we sell $200k worth after the game comes out it will be added as a free update". Here's to hoping.

$397,805, almost 400K for last day pledges.

Then there are the PayPal donations brought in today as well. They mentioned that one backer from Singapore donated $10k to PayPal, so there was more than $10K in PayPal donations today.

NeededSleep

I'm feeling ok at my final $110 pledge. i went back and forth so many times to the 275 one. All off the extra stuff would of been nice, but i really just was interested in the Corebook and printed player guide, but i couldn't justify 100+ more for it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The KS campaigns always exceed my expectations. I didnt expect it to go beyond the 4 mil one and that was doubtful for a bit.

:(
$4,188,927+$127,505 (paypal, that was 5 hours)= $4,316,432

If they were to count that 200k, we'd hit the 4.5 million tier - perhaps they'll change their mind?

mh they'll probably introduce preorders just like WL2 and maybe maybe they'll use the money they raise from this to make the stronghold come true after all?

I guess the party's basically over now?
look at YSG with all his friends now. some faith in humanity has been restored today. actually a lot.

Top Bottom