• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Boogie

I would agree, but that is not the justice system we have in this country.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...rd-bad-logic-behind-light-caledonia-sentence/

Beat a man within an inch of his life? Less than two years imprisonment.

Stab someone to death with a knife? Three years in prison.

So, of course the wife is out on bail.

We let non-citizens who are under charges for drug importation change their bail conditions on a whim. They want to leave the country to fly home to Nigeria because "their father is sick"? SURE, why not? They're facing a 10 year sentence if convicted, but yeah, I'm sure they'll come back to Canada for court.

Take nothing for granted when it comes to Canada's judicial system.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For once, I think most of us will totally agree with Boogie. That story is scary, and I've been avoiding ready the gritty details of it.

Boogie

For once, I think most of us will totally agree with Boogie. That story is scary, and I've been avoiding ready the gritty details of it.

You hurt me with your words, EvilMario. :(

But yeah, it's a disgusting story. I can't imagine being the responding officer on it, and having to confront such a horrific scenario firsthand. There are benefits to working federal....

Eddie Izzard said it best when it comes to such behaviour that is beyond the pale (even though this couple didn't actually kill anyone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtkJd8w5UQ

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You hurt me with your words, EvilMario. :(

But yeah, it's a disgusting story. I can't imagine being the responding officer on it, and having to confront such a horrific scenario firsthand. There are benefits to working federal....

Eddie Izzard said it best when it comes to such behaviour that is beyond the pale (even though this couple didn't actually kill anyone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtkJd8w5UQ

I welcome all opinions, Boogie, even those I don't always agree with. ;)
And it's great to be able to get perspective and insight from someone like you in the city.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
After reading that whole story, its really fucked up. One of the worst I've ever read.

Times like this I wish we had the death penalty. These psychos will spend 25 years in jail and watch TV.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
After reading that whole story, its really fucked up. One of the worst I've ever read.

Times like this I wish we had the death penalty. These psychos will spend 25 years in jail and watch TV.

Or like Boogie said, they'll be out before Rob Ford is out of office.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rob Ford weighed in at 330lbs today.

LHPUf.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Is it just me, or is every picture of Rob extremely unflattering? The dude half the time looks drunk, the other half looks surly.

Roto13

Is it just me, or is every picture of Rob extremely unflattering? The dude half the time looks drunk, the other half looks surly.

Bright red people don't ever photograph well. He always looks like he's embarrassed or feverish or something, but he's not. He just has really high blood pressure. There's a lot of salt in gravy.

My nose is running and I'm sneezing and I just want to relax but I can't afford to miss one of my classes today so I have to go now and wait for the bus to get to class. Fuck my life. So not in the mood.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
My nose is running and I'm sneezing and I just want to relax but I can't afford to miss one of my classes today so I have to go now and wait for the bus to get to class. Fuck my life. So not in the mood.

I had a 4 hour break between classes so I'm home relaxing a bit, but I don't want to go back to class! I will, I just don't want to.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Everyone on the bus and in your class will now suffer your pain.

I've had a cough for about 5 weeks... anybody ever have something like that? I was sick with a cough/cold/fever around December 6th or so. I got better in like 3 days but the cough just stayed with me and never went away.
I went to the doctor and told him I have been coughing for 5 weeks and he said "what do you want me to do about it?"

I guess I need a new doctor.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bright red people don't ever photograph well. He always looks like he's embarrassed or feverish or something, but he's not. He just has really high blood pressure. There's a lot of salt in gravy.

:lol

I don't think I've ever seen a good picture of Ford, which is a good thing. Every picture I see of him makes me laugh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've had a cough for about 5 weeks... anybody ever have something like that? I was sick with a cough/cold/fever around December 6th or so. I got better in like 3 days but the cough just stayed with me and never went away.
I went to the doctor and told him I have been coughing for 5 weeks and he said "what do you want me to do about it?"

I guess I need a new doctor.

Yeah. I had one of those very apathetic family doctors for a while when I was having some scary health issues, but he was convinced nothing was wrong with me because 28 year olds don't have major health problems. Tough to find a decent doctor accepting patients in the city too, which is one of the biggest issues. It's no wonder so many people use ER like a walk-in clinic.

Stet

Banned
Yeah. I had one of those very apathetic family doctors for a while when I was having some scary health issues, but he was convinced nothing was wrong with me because 28 year olds don't have major health problems. Tough to find a decent doctor accepting patients in the city too, which is one of the biggest issues. It's no wonder so many people use ER like a walk-in clinic.

One of the weirdest stories I've heard about a GP is that they've refused to refer people to a psychiatrist unless they were contemplating suicide.

Kunohara

Speaking of family doctors, the one I've had since I was born, and the same one my mom had for years, passed away a couple of days ago. He was in his backyard doing some work, and he slipped and fell down. Went into a coma for a couple of days, and then just quietly went. He had to have been in his mid 80's. He never got to retire. He was helping people till the very end. Very sad. He was in awesome doctor.

I'm hoping that my wife's doctor will take me on. Since we're married and all, I'm hoping that will help. My friend last year had to look for a new family doctor, and he said it was a bitch to find someone.

Stet

Banned
Speaking of family doctors, the one I've had since I was born, and the same one my mom had for years, passed away a couple of days ago. He was in his backyard doing some work, and he slipped and fell down. Went into a coma for a couple of days, and then just quietly went. He had to have been in his mid 80's. He never got to retire. He was helping people till the very end. Very sad. He was in awesome doctor.

I'm hoping that my wife's doctor will take me on. Since we're married and all, I'm hoping that will help. My friend last year had to look for a new family doctor, and he said it was a bitch to find someone.

Ugh, that's awful. My family doctor is the same with me, he's in his late 60s and delivered me at Mt. Sinai, and I dread the day he retires because I really feel comfortable telling him anything.

daemonic

Banned

TBH I don't think I've ever seen a flattering picture of the guy. Maybe he's just not photogenic.. that or the media would rather publish these terrible photos just for fun.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TBH I don't think I've ever seen a flattering picture of the guy. Maybe he's just not photogenic.. that or the media would rather publish these terrible photos just for fun.

That's pretty much it. They go out of their way to put up the unflattering pics.

Kunohara

Ugh, that's awful. My family doctor is the same with me, he's in his late 60s and delivered me at Mt. Sinai, and I dread the day he retires because I really feel comfortable telling him anything.

I know what you mean. Having to tell someone I don't know what is wrong with me will be weird at first.

whitehawk

Banned
What's the best place to get frames done in Toronto? I have a few posters I got from Club Nintendo a while back and I want to get some cheap basic frames for them.

Top Bottom