• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Rinoa

All the sexual freedom of University, compressed into a few days. Condom companies are getting paid!

Don't the condom companies give it for free at the villages tho?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vanessa-richmond/olympian-sex-athletes-to_b_469717.html
http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/...ns-in-athletes-village-at-commonwealth-games/
http://www.newser.com/story/35551/athletes-village-is-a-sex-fest.html

heh. I would never wear any article of clothing that prevented me from being able to do something so basic as riding a bike. Girls are weird. Or maybe you aren't a girl. I shouldn't assume anything really.
Fuck it. I'm gonna start wearing women's clothing just to see if heels are as uncomfortable and annoying as they look.
I could really go for a poutine right now.

Heels can be comfortable if properly fitted, hand made, well padded and made with natural materials. Chances are that they aren't though, cause shoes comfy like that cost at least $200 and are designer.

Azih

heh. I would never wear any article of clothing that prevented me from being able to do something so basic as riding a bike. Girls are weird. Or maybe you aren't a girl. I shouldn't assume anything really.
Fuck it. I'm gonna start wearing women's clothing just to see if heels are as uncomfortable and annoying as they look.
I could really go for a poutine right now.

That's some train of thought going there.

Zzoram

I doubt the athletes have any sex during any major sporting event.

They wouldn't risk the decreased athletic performance documented to last ~48 hours after sex.

cbox

6660033551_471e6d1f62_b.jpg

How do people do that stuff with the sky? Camera tricks or photoshop tricks? Looks awesome either way though.

That's a long exposure, and the clouds are moving and the water too, so it makes it look like an ice rink.

I thought Hamilton was having issues with some of their stadium renovations and securing money for the projects? But I'm too lazy to look up and confirm anything about the games.

AFAIK this is true; and, they are considering moving the velodrome from Hamilton to somewhere like Milton.

Milton is building EVERYTHING these days.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
All the 'global' gaming events are notorious for the amount of sex happening with the athletes. A taste of the world, all in one place. Or something. Bwahah.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AFAIK this is true; and, they are considering moving the velodrome from Hamilton to somewhere like Milton.

Milton is building EVERYTHING these days.
Isn't it the fastest growing town in Ontario? Too bad it's so far away from me or else I'd stop by Toyratt a lot more often. As it is, I haven't been there in almost 2 years.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I always thought Hamilton could have a really nice downtown, and they were going to have an LRT with the Move Ontario 2020 project, but it looks like that's in jeopardy.

The general seating sales for the the TFC game at Rogers center will be on the 13th right?

I have never been to a soccer match before but would like to go to one!

By the way, I suggest buying the tickets before tomorrow as they are cheaper now before the public sale.. and you will get better seats (although it says only the 500 level is left now).. at least those seats are cheap ($10 plus ticketmaster rape fees)

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10004823DD238F24

password for the pre-sale is CHAMPIONS

Boogie

Isn't it the fastest growing town in Ontario? Too bad it's so far away from me or else I'd stop by Toyratt a lot more often. As it is, I haven't been there in almost 2 years.

Fastest growing in the country between the 2001 and 2006.

100,000 people. 2 (maybe 3 now) pubs worth a damn. :-/

Boogie

I know plenty of people that live in the York Village or in the apartments/condos at Finch and Sentinel and they've never had anything bad happen to them...........or you can try close to Dufferin and Steeles, or Bathurst and Steeles, or whatever

I have a friend that lives at Bathurst and St Clair and another friend who lives at Yonge and Finch and friends that live around York

The only one that has ever complained about feeling unsafe is the one at Bathurst and St Clair

The contrast between these two posts is full of lulz.

Not a lot of heroin activity going on at Bathurst and St. Clair.

Finch and Sentinel, on the other hand........ ;)

Fuzzy

Having been to Milton a number of times in the span of five years, it's crazy how the place is booming.
My old employer did a bunch of construction there but thankfully I only had to go to 2 jobs over the years. Driving from Scarborough to Milton daily for work wasn't fun during those times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm not looking forward to the possible lockout/strike of the outside workers in 3 weeks. :(

BlogTO poster claims they're already preparing garbage dump sites at the parks.

I'll never forget the last garbage strike. It did reinforce a few ideas though; People are pigs, the City doesn't give a shit about its parks and CUPE has a lot of assholes in their ranks, harassing people none stop at dump sites.

Fr0jy.jpg
Rsywy.jpg

Rinoa

Seeing christie pitts like that broke my heart. I don't want to think of the toxic ooze from garbage made by the heat and rain, now absorbed into the park.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At Lakeshore and Windermere, they had a huge dump too. In the middle of summer, with a hotel across the street and tourist snapping photos, and kids / parents were trying to avoid the beach because the smell was unbearable.

whitehawk

Banned
BlogTO poster claims they're already preparing garbage dump sites at the parks.

I'll never forget the last garbage strike. It did reinforce a few ideas though; People are pigs, the City doesn't give a shit about its parks and CUPE has a lot of assholes in their ranks, harassing people none stop at dump sites.

Fr0jy.jpg
Rsywy.jpg
Wait, they're going on strike again? What the fuck is this shit?

Stet

Banned
I'm not looking forward to the possible lockout/strike of the outside workers in 3 weeks. :(

It'll suck, but you know what? I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of all the idiots who voted for Ford under the assumption that he'd be a union buster. Serves them right.

I'd gladly suffer through a strike that lasted as long as the previous one if it meant the final nail in the coffin of his legitimacy.

Fuzzy

It'll suck, but you know what? I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of all the idiots who voted for Ford under the assumption that he'd be a union buster. Serves them right.

I'd gladly suffer through a strike that lasted as long as the previous one if it meant the final nail in the coffin of his legitimacy.
One big snow storm would be a financial disaster for the city though. :(

soultron

Banned
I always thought Hamilton could have a really nice downtown, and they were going to have an LRT with the Move Ontario 2020 project, but it looks like that's in jeopardy.

My roommate trains the project manager for the LRT project and it seems like it's in good shape from speaking with the guy. It's just going to take a lonnnng time.

boogie said:
Fastest growing in the country between the 2001 and 2006.

100,000 people. 2 (maybe 3 now) pubs worth a damn. :-/

I grew up there, lived there for 18 years. The place is boring as fuck now, even moreso because everywhere you look is just subdivision upon subdivision. And boring brick-and-mortar stores in strip malls.

The Ivy Arms is retirees, alcoholics, and high school/underage kids on their way to university. Bryden's is where all the trashy people of Milton congregate -- it's like a highschool reunion of all the people who got left behind in that depressing dump. Ned Devine's is/was the only good spot to drink until some dibshit friends of mine decided to start a bar fight in there and have the place ban anyone under 25.

Seriously, as a Hamiltonian going on 5 years now, I say fuck Milton. That place is so bland now. And it's expensive as all hell to live there. I can see raising a family there, especially if you're taking the GO to commute to a major city/industrial centre, but otherwise, I can't understand why someone would want to live there.

I'll always have a soft spot for what it was, and I loved growing up there, but it's just depressing to think of what it's become. Next thing you know they'll be blasting the Escarpment with TNT to make room for more suburban sprawl.

Stet

Banned
There's a little snow on the ground and suddenly the TTC can't cope with the demand. I had to skip three trains southbound at Wellesley before I got on one, and that was just luck because someone decided they were going to have a panic attack if they didn't get off.

Azih

There's a little snow on the ground and suddenly the TTC can't cope with the demand. I had to skip three trains southbound at Wellesley before I got on one, and that was just luck because someone decided they were going to have a panic attack if they didn't get off.

I got on at Finch and I don't know what was up it seems like there was a Passenger assistance alarm and then a mechanical failure?

It took me over an hour to get to work and it usually makes less than 30. Spadina Station was a fucking mess and there was some of the worst streetcar bunching I've ever seen.

Stet

Banned
I got on at Finch and I don't know what was up it seems like there was a Passenger assistance alarm and then a mechanical failure?

Yeah, and yesterday there were three passenger assistance alarms in short succession. I know that it's important to have that alarm, and it's impossible to put a fine on something like that as it would discourage people from using it when it's actually an emergency, but if you are not in immediate danger do not press the passenger assistance alarm.

cbox

There should be standard, country wide work from home policies when there's a snow storm. I can't believe how badly the city falls apart when there's so little snow.

The contrast between these two posts is full of lulz.

Not a lot of heroin activity going on at Bathurst and St. Clair.

Finch and Sentinel, on the other hand........ ;)

Some people always feel safe, some people always think someone is going to get them

The left wing/right wing contrast also works here :p

Yesterday it took me 25 minutes to drive to work in the light rain, people were going 20 on highway 7............TWENTY.....in LIGHT RAIN

*facepalm*

Usually takes me about 12 minutes to get to work

Top Bottom