• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

I'm in a "try new good sounding restaurants" phase. Went to Enoteca Sociale this past weekend for dinner. Oh man, food is delicious (foodie food) - fresh, in-house-made pastas, inventive appetizers, tasty desserts, and a fantastic wine list with lots of bottles I've never heard of, but am now eager to try. Our server was stellar - knowledgeable, helpful, and just the right level of attentiveness.

Wholly recommend if you're in the mood for a good Italian place.

Also, for you carnivores: they had a 20oz steak on the menu.

But if you're going: make a reso. Place was packed on a Sunday night.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about selling my laptop and looking for the easiest/quickest way. It's fairly new, got it christmas 2010, Acer Aspire 7741, same that this person is selling http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/sys/2797905251.html I actually emailed the guy asking if it was still available since I'm curious if it is an easy sell.

I'd rather not go the craigslist/ebay/kijiji route, so just curious if there basically any big box places where I can just bring in my stuff and get some cash value back and have it be a simple process.
Kijji works fine. MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY NO FUCKING HAGGLING!

Man Torontonians are full of cheap ass bastards. One fucking dude told me to be on time and not be late. Fucking dude was 30 min late himself and tries to haggle after I posted and told him over the phone no haggling.

Spent another 30 min sticking to my guns.

Bu bu bu I have no job. Well neither did I you late fuck! And if you have no job, don't buy shit you can't afford.

I think I've sold four things in person and it's generally ok if you're upfront.

Rinoa

Kijji works fine. MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY NO FUCKING HAGGLING!

Man Torontonians are full of cheap ass bastards. One fucking dude told me to be on time and not be late. Fucking dude was 30 min late himself and tries to haggle after I posted and told him over the phone no haggling.

Spent another 30 min sticking to my guns.

Bu bu bu I have no job. Well neither did I you late fuck! And if you have no job, don't buy shit you can't afford.

I think I've sold four things in person and it's generally ok if you're upfront.

Yeah that's the sad thing with kijiji, it's full of people who are cheap because they're overextended and want luxury goods they seriously can't afford.

This is not about people being poor or jobless, it's about people who feel entitled to more than they deserve.

holy shit! Look at the Google Chrome spell check here:

4qGcd.jpg

Hamiltonian is ok but not Torontonian? HAHA That is unreal!

Oppo

Yeah I have a 2009 iMac I need to sell, was wondering if I should go craigslist or Kijiji.

First thing I've sold where I have to invite people over, not thrilled about that. :/

Farooq

Banned
A bit random, but I absolutely love The Wedge.

http://www.muchmusic.com/music/thewedge/playlist/

It's the only music show that is reminiscent of the old days, when music stations actually played music. The music programming on it is great as well, wide array of independent artists.

I do not watch Much Music whatsoever, everything about it is just abysmal. Everything except The Wedge, if it were to be cancelled I would feel sad.

I remember when there was outrage at the mere suggestion of cutting BBC6's funding. An outcry from various independent artists from all across Britain prevented it from being cut. I wonder if there would be the same outcry here, if the Wedge were to be canceled. I doubt it.

dudeworld

Yeah I have a 2009 iMac I need to sell, was wondering if I should go craigslist or Kijiji.

First thing I've sold where I have to invite people over, not thrilled about that. :/

why would you invite them over? I'd never do that. go to a mall parking lot or something

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
why would you invite them over? I'd never do that. go to a mall parking lot or something
I wouldn't meet someone I don't know at all in a mall parking lot. If I'm going to meet them then it's inside the mall. I've meet a GAFer at a TTC drop off though.

BKXB

Economist
RedFlagDeals has a pretty active BST forum. Worth a shot. I've sold a dozen+ things there and each transaction has been fine.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
RedFlagDeals has a pretty active BST forum. Worth a shot. I've sold a dozen+ things there and each transaction has been fine.

GAF has its own BST section as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457688

I think the point was to meet somewhere public. You don't want random strangers in your home.

Yes, never meet at your home. I wouldn't even meet someone at my place of work if it could be helped. Just meet at a Tim Horton's, or something.

A bit random, but I absolutely love The Wedge.

http://www.muchmusic.com/music/thewedge/playlist/

It's the only music show that is reminiscent of the old days, when music stations actually played music. The music programming on it is great as well, wide array of independent artists.

I do not watch Much Music whatsoever, everything about it is just abysmal. Everything except The Wedge, if it were to be cancelled I would feel sad.

I remember when there was outrage at the mere suggestion of cutting BBC6's funding. An outcry from various independent artists from all across Britain prevented it from being cut. I wonder if there would be the same outcry here, if the Wedge were to be canceled. I doubt it.

The Wedge is still around?

Amazing.

Also, before The Wedge, there was City Limits.

It just ended, it was a huge snow squall (downtown at least).

I just drove through a total white out.

jl4855

Yes, never meet at your home. I wouldn't even meet someone at my place of work if it could be helped. Just meet at a Tim Horton's, or something.

sometimes you gotta meet ppl at your house (furniture, etc), but outside of that avoid as best you can. if its late i like coffee shops or gas stations (cameras). anywhere public and always let a friend / family member know that you're going to meet someone.

Rinoa

sometimes you gotta meet ppl at your house (furniture, etc), but outside of that avoid as best you can. if its late i like coffee shops or gas stations (cameras). anywhere public and always let a friend / family member know that you're going to meet someone.

Fellow harp student told me that for furniture, she moved it into her garage then showed it from there. If you have any storage/garage available to you, it's a good alternative.

Weird, I'm downtown but it didn't look bad at all when I read your post.

It's bright and sunny now. :)

I posted it during the whiteout at spadina/king area.

Stet

Banned
Though you'd never know it, apparently, based on the things I've heard about GAF meetups.

Those go poorly for the same reason you don't want to see furniture on Craigslist from your house.
There are at least three cold blooded killers posting on here.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Those go poorly for the same reason you don't want to see furniture on Craigslist from your house.
There are at least three cold blooded killers posting on here.
We need to get Boogie to show up so he can protect us. I'll bribe him with some donuts. :p

Hieberrr

:mad: What other home phone services are trustworthy and available? I already switched my internet to teksavvy (saved me lotsa money per month)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
:mad: What other home phone services are trustworthy and available? I already switched my internet to teksavvy (saved me lotsa money per month)

We only stick with our smart phone. Haven't had a line land in almost a decade. With WIND Mobile. Pretty decent service, but if you're on the outskirts of the city (or in a lowrise) make sure you get decent reception in your building.

Internet, streaming services and one cell phone > packaged deals from big telecoms.

Hieberrr

We only stick with our smart phone. Haven't had a line land in almost a decade. With WIND Mobile. Pretty decent service, but if you're on the outskirts of the city (or in a lowrise) make sure you get decent reception in your building.

Internet, streaming services and one cell phone > packaged deals from big telecoms.

I was considering using a cellphone, but it'll cost the same as a landline. Especially since some people in my family use it pretty often and we have 3 phones in the house.

We also do a lot of long distance (to Vietnam), but we have a pretty cheap service for that.

I don't think I want to try VoIP, because my friends have had pretty bad reception with them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was considering using a cellphone, but it'll cost the same as a landline. Especially since some people in my family use it pretty often and we have 3 phones in the house.

We also do a lot of long distance (to Vietnam), but we have a pretty cheap service for that.

I don't think I want to try VoIP, because my friends have had pretty bad reception with them.

I call to the States a lot, but we mostly stick with Google Talk for PC to PC voice chat, or Skype if I actually need to call a number. That's how we get around having to pay for long distance on the phone.

I'd prefer to just have the cell phone over just a land line, so we can actually bring it out with us. We so infrequently use the phone for actual calling though, and mostly use it for the 3G.

Roto13

So, Toronto, what's up with the super intelligent mice? Are all the mice in Toronto like mine or are mine special? First I bought these black clamp traps and put some bread and shit in them and they managed to steal the bait without setting the traps off. I put peanut butter in them and they ignored it. Then I bought these super oldschool traps and put peanut butter in them and they somehow managed to lick the peanut butter off the traps without springing them. Then I put down some glue traps and got lucky with one. I put it down, went to the bathroom, and when I came out there was a mouse stuck to it. I took it outside and mercy killed it (which was very distressing) but I haven't managed to catch any more with them. (There are at least two left.) I put out poisonous seeds the other day but I think they're on to me because I don't think they're eating it.

A minute ago one came out from under the refrigerator and actually walked right up to me not giving a shit. I reached for it to try to grab it by the tail but it took off.

I think I'm going to have to just break down and get a professional exterminator in.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Photo of Rob Ford with food recommendations on his stomach?

Spoilers!!
Trying to leave out Ford as much as possible. :p

A minute ago one came out from under the refrigerator and actually walked right up to me not giving a shit. I reached for it to try to grab it by the tail but it took off.

Don't try to grab it. It'll definitely, instinctively, turn around and bite you if you do manage to grab its tail.

We had mice / rats in our basement apartment years ago. Managed to catch them with a long cage trap my father in-law uses for raccoon and other larger animals. Had to drown the poor things, which hurt me having rats as pets growing up. ;_;

I'm guessing you own your dwelling? If not, landlord / property owner should take on the burden of extermination.

Rinoa

So, Toronto, what's up with the super intelligent mice?

I know this much: they won't stay in your home if there are no reasons to be there.

The number one thing is keeping the place clean. Clean everywhere once a week top-down, including spots like behind the fridges, stoves and major furniture that's hard to move. Never leave open food or even crumbs and such. Doing stuff like this will guarantee no infestations of any kind unless it's a freak occurrence.

Top Bottom