• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Quick

Banned
So, I have to re-do my G1 and G2 test due to an expired G2 license. I'm sort of freaking out about my G1 test later today for some reason. I've done a practice test online, and only got 62%, which isn't calming me down.

Sometimes, I wish we didn't have a graduated driver licensing system, but I definitely understand the need to have it.

On the plus side, I only need to re-do the tests, and time constraints don't apply to me. So once my G1 is done, I can book a G2 test ASAP. I'm hoping to get this all taken care of by mid-February at least.

So, I have to re-do my G1 and G2 test due to an expired G2 license. I'm sort of freaking out about my G1 test later today for some reason. I've done a practice test online, and only got 62%, which isn't calming me down.

Sometimes, I wish we didn't have a graduated driver licensing system, but I definitely understand the need to have it.

On the plus side, I only need to re-do the tests, and time constraints don't apply to me. So once my G1 is done, I can book a G2 test ASAP. I'm hoping to get this all taken care of by mid-February at least.

Shitty deal but you should have gotten your G asap

StevieP

Banned
Rogers needs more money for something something.

I kinda like digital cable... the time shifting (so I can watch the Daily Show at 2:05AM should I choose to), the channels like NatGeo/Discovery/etc, but seeing it on my bill at $67/mo is kinda painful... you mean to tell me it's going up?!

Boogie said:
Donuts? I'll take my protection fee in Rye and Cokes, thankyouverymuch.

Boogie doesn't fuck around lol. What about the issue of getting too drunk? :p

Willectro

Banned

I know a guy who could barely speak English and passed it no problem.

cbox

The G1 test really is common sense. I'm not sure how much it changed since I got mine back in the day, but you shouldn't have any problem if you studied the book.

Good luck!

Stet

Banned
I let my G2 lapse back in 2006 and never looked back. Went from driving my mom's car almost exclusively to sitting in a car maybe once every two months. Feels good, man.

ElNino

I'm glad I never had to deal with graduated licensing. I got my "365" on my 16th birthday and had my full G license four months later. I didn't get insurance until later in the summer after doing a driver training course (for insurance purposes) but it was nice to have my license so quickly.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
When I had to take my G1, there was this book from Chinatown that was word for word the exact questions asked on the test.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
GAF has a huge Toronto contingent. Same reason NHL-GAF was ruled by Leafs fans until Manics and Penis got banned.

I miss all those alt accounts. :(

I failed the G1 the first time I did it, got 18 out of 20 on one section and 15 out of 20 on the other. I screwed up because I second guessed myself and changed an answer. I remember all my friends laughing at me. But I got the last laugh when I was the first one to get my G2 and a car to drive around.

GAF has a huge Toronto contingent. Same reason NHL-GAF was ruled by Leafs fans until Manics and Penis got banned.
QUOTE]

I miss all those alt accounts. :(

I failed the G1 the first time I did it, got 18 out of 20 on one section and 15 out of 20 on the other. I screwed up because I second guessed myself and changed an answer. I remember all my friends laughing at me. But I got the last laugh when I was the first one to get my G2 and a car to drive around.

I failed my G2 twice =/

Dyno

QVrpZ.png

Ha.(

Sue-Ann Levy is a nozzle of never-ending vitriol. She is the perfect example of when the media does nothing but re-inforce the view already held by the watcher or reader. Her gift is she can blast this shit out every day, ad nauseum, regardless of facts.

For example: she still insists on calling the centrist councillors "the mushy middle" even in the article where she describes them banding together, stiffening their spine, standing up to the mayor, and beating him multiple times on the budget votes.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not like the winter tires are going to save the real idiots that speed in the winter and don't count for ice, or other vehicles.

Oppo

Sue-Ann Levy is a nozzle of never-ending vitriol. She is the perfect example of when the media does nothing but re-inforce the view already held by the watcher or reader. Her gift is she can blast this shit out every day, ad nauseum, regardless of facts.

For example: she still insists on calling the centrist councillors "the mushy middle" even in the article where she describes them banding together, stiffening their spine, standing up to the mayor, and beating him multiple times on the budget votes.

I twittered this image to her account just to see what sort of lame rejoinder she might come up with.

(Also - about to run a marathon? Not according to that twitter pic she ain't.)

Her and Joe Fiorito are a blight on our fair city.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bigger problem with the people that hunch over their steering wheel and go 30-50 below the limit =/

I see far less of that than I do people speeding like over confident idiots. People think way too much of their own ability to drive and never give a second thought to another car, unless they're slowing them down.

Windermere, major road I can look out on to is 40. People go 80 in the summer, and they go 80 in the winter because it's long and straight. But they're idiots in both cases because it's a populated area with kids, dogs and people.

Not to mention the idiot driver's in general that don't know how right of ways work, or how the round about up the street works. About one wreck per month because vehicles coming into the round about don't know to yield. And of course in the winter, lots of single vehicle wrecks, or cars skidding onto the sidewalk.

/driving rant

Kak.efes

I get worried when I hear people say they failed their G2. Nobody I know failed it, and I breezed through all my driver related courses and tests with no issues when I was teenager.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why?

I've never had any real difficulty driving with all-seasons

Maybe if you are out in buttfuck nowhere, but not in the GTA
I used to think like you until I actually bought a set of rims and snow tires a few years ago. It was a night a day difference in driving. I keep all-seasons on my summer rims and snow tires on my winter rims.

I really think it's way too easy to get a driver's license though. Most people have no idea what to do in an emergency, whether other drivers/the environment or a problem with the car.

Slightly OT, I love watching Canada's Worst Driver. :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I was downtown today getting drag makeup done, and walking around it was cold, but not snowy. Got on the subway, and 20minutes later I'm in scarborough - snow storm. It's crazy!

Kak.efes

Who else hates being a sports fan in this city? I'm sitting here watching a raptors game for the first time this season, and they're losing (of course), with no real hope of accomplishing anything this season, other than a high lottery finish. The leafs, after starting off strong, are now ninth in their conference, and the blue jays have done jack shit this off season to improve their chances in that division they're in. Our teams are fucking awful.

Who else hates being a sports fan in this city? I'm sitting here watching a raptors game for the first time this season, and they're losing (of course), with no real hope of accomplishing anything this season, other than a high lottery finish. The leafs, after starting off strong, are now ninth in their conference, and the blue jays have done jack shit this off season to improve their chances in that division they're in. Our teams are fucking awful.
I'm only a hardcore hockey fan so it's not bad. I like every game having a lot of meaning. Leafs are a bubble team right now, could go either way. I'm only a casual basketball fan so I'm not really affected emotionally like I am with hockey lol, so suck away. I don't care about baseball at all.

Beez

Banned

I know exactly what you mean. I TRY to follow Toronto teams but they're never winning it all. Sure I sort of remember the Jays winning the world series (I was 7) and my dad tells me how great they were for so many years but man they're bad now. The Leafs I watched when Sundin and Roberts were leading them into the playoffs but then I stopped watching the last few years because they've been so bad. I might watch again this year if it looks like they make it in. I guess they're close. :-/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I could live with it if the Blue Jays played in a real baseball stadium. All the shiny new parks around MLB, but we're stuck in the 'Roger's Centre' that's way too big. Other northern/north eastern cities manage to playball outdoors in April and October, it wouldn't hurt us weather wise.

Thankfully, being from the Bay Area, I have rooting interest in two cities. Although until the Giants recently won the World Series, it has been a couple of decades since I had much to cheer for. The only Toronto team I don't actively cheer for is the Leafs. I'm not sure why. I can't root for the Jays and Giants, but rooting for the Leafs and Sharks feels dirty. :p

I'm only a hardcore hockey fan so it's not bad. I like every game having a lot of meaning. Leafs are a bubble team right now, could go either way. I'm only a casual basketball fan so I'm not really affected emotionally like I am with hockey lol, so suck away. I don't care about baseball at all.

...and thats why the Leafs will never go anywhere. How can you be a a hardcore Leafs fan and say its not bad?

...and thats why the Leafs will never go anywhere. How can you be a a hardcore Leafs fan and say its not bad?
They're a rebuilding team. Rebuilding takes a bunch of years to do properly. Leafs are ahead of schedule if you ask me in terms of being a bubble playoff team right now. They have tons more prospects in the bank than they used to, 2 potential good goaltenders, a record over .500. Things are fine right now, I'm enjoying it. I like that every game has a lot of meaning. It's exciting.

Leafs don't give a fucking flying fuck what their fans think, they want to play well to get more money and a cup, the way fans react is meaningless. Get outa here with that shit. Nothing is worse than elitist fans who know better. You better back the fuck up before you get the smacked the fuck up. I aint singin I'm bringin drama.

They're a rebuilding team. Rebuilding takes a bunch of years to do properly. Leafs are ahead of schedule if you ask me in terms of being a bubble playoff team right now. They have tons more prospects in the bank than they used to, 2 potential good goaltenders, a record over .500. Things are fine right now, I'm enjoying it. I like that every game has a lot of meaning. It's exciting.

Leafs don't give a fucking flying fuck what their fans think, they want to play well to get more money and a cup, the way fans react is meaningless. Get outa here with that shit. Nothing is worse than elitist fans who know better. You better back the fuck up before you get the smacked the fuck up. I aint singin I'm bringin drama.

I didnt read most of your post, but Toronto likes to pride itself as the "hockey capital of the world", so anything less than a championship (especially during a 40 year drought) is a failure.

Top Bottom