• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Roto13

My internet connection is still being awful. Ugh.
If you guys want good hot chocolate and are ever in Vancouver, check out Blenz. It's like our Second Cup equivalent although pricier. They use belgian chocolate and it's amazing. Much chocolatier than the watery crap you get at McDonalds and Tim Hortons.

Oh and the new cup sizes are what they should have always been called. I would want a small coffee but at Timmies I'd always have to say Medium. Although a side effect of the change is that you now get the old large when you buy a meal.

Blenz hot chocolate is amazing. Iced chocolate, too. Shame the coffee is piss.

I love Starbucks. To each his own I guess. *shrugs*

People just say they hate Starbucks because it's everywhere.

Went to Five Doors North again this weekend. Oh man I love their Gnocchi in Gorgonzola Cream.

It's a little taste of awesome dancing on my tongue. And then there are 100 more bites.

Mayhaps one day I'll go on a quest to find the city's best Gnocchi.

SMH @ Rob Ford not commenting on questions regarding the Eglinton LRT today because he only wanted to talk about his weight loss

The fuck

SMH @ Rob Ford not commenting on questions regarding the Eglinton LRT today because he only wanted to talk about his weight loss

The fuck

Rob Ford doesn't take unscripted questions.

I'm totally serious.

He has to know the questions ahead of time so he can have answers prepared. Otherwise he goes dead silent.

Rob Ford doesn't take unscripted questions.

I'm totally serious.

He has to know the questions ahead of time so he can have answers prepared.

I know, I don't know how people can stomach voting for politicians that hide from questions in a democracy

And more hot chocolate talk - Yes, Timmies sucks but its cheap and quick, Starbucks is decent but it can take foooorever to get it, I usually prefer just to make it at home, microwave some milk in a mug and toss in some quality mix and mmmmm

It's a beautiful day

OEYMS.jpg

Rinoa

I can't wait for the Fords to regain their water weight and then more. They are only building cravings for junk by fasting and will gorge on it like crazy once the diet is over, thinking they've ~earned and suffered~ for it. Ppl like them don't know moderation.

talkin bout dranks

No mention of TenRen, wut.

I'm a non-coffee drinker too. I like my teeth white and caffeine levels low.

One of my friends measured the cup
399865_10100884368545422_28112917_65392738_1300516201_n.jpg

to put it in perspective

Azih

Hey coffee lovers what's your opinion on the french vanilla and iced caps from Tim's? Those are the only drinks I get and I was wondering if there were better similar alternatives.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Every time I see that cup photographed, I think the imaged has been 'squished' horizontally, because the cup looks so odd and tall.

Beez

Banned
Yeah Timmy's ain't all that great, but that gigantic cup is $2, way cheaper than Starbucks if you're on a budget. ;-)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Speaking on the John Oakley show, Ford told the AM640 host that certain councillors are “two-steps left of Joe Stalin.”

Oakley was questioning Ford about whether the mushy middle group of councillors had gone rogue, pointing to the fact that self-proclaimed centrist Josh Matlow recently stated he would not back Ford’s plan to do away with the land transfer tax.

“I consider him a left-wing NDPer. I’m not surprised. It’s just like saying Adam Vaughan or (Gord) Perks or (Janet) Davis or (Paula) Fletcher is not voting with me,” he said. “These people are all two steps left of Joe Stalin. So I’m not discouraged by that and I don’t expect it. They don’t care about the taxpayers. But I know one person who does and that’s me.”

Our Mayor.

Bold the important part, highlight the funnies.

soultron

Banned
I can't wait for the Fords to regain their water weight and then more. They are only building cravings for junk by fasting and will gorge on it like crazy once the diet is over, thinking they've ~earned and suffered~ for it. Ppl like them don't know moderation.

No mention of TenRen, wut.

I'm a non-coffee drinker too. I like my teeth white and caffeine levels low.

One of my friends measured the cup
399865_10100884368545422_28112917_65392738_1300516201_n.jpg

to put it in perspective

Saw this yesterday. It's like a pipebomb filled with brown caffeine water.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been drinking coffee since I was about ten years old. Started when we were out camping in the cold. Didn't help that there's basically a pot being brewed every hour of the day around my parents and I have continued on the tradition. Just pump it into my veins.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What about Jet Fuel on Parliament north of Carlton. When I was doing a job down there a few years ago my co-workers loved going there for their coffees. I never tried it but I was wondering if it really was as good as they said.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I got a Tassimo Machine last year. It's been my new best friend. Guzzling that coffee down has never been easier.

Of course! They won't VOTE with the mayor so naturally they're dictators.

It's very logical.

I'm not sure why a conservative making statements like this surprises anyone anymore.

It is the hallmark of the hard-right to play dirty and mean politics. They do it because it works. And, for that reason, they've started to like it, and stopped seeing the problem with it.

Those of us who consider themselves even remotely to the left of these folks have a problem: we think that we can appeal to the more reasonable, positive sides of human nature, and reform politics for the better in so doing.

But dirty, mean politics is like hammering nails into a board. You can remove the nails, but the holes will always remain.

Centrists and those in the moderate left don't seem to understand that you can't "fix" dirty politics. There is no solution; the only defense is being as underhanded and conniving as those who conspire against you.

The hard-left, interestingly enough, isn't interested in being underhanded. They'll just march and occupy and protest (and from time to time, riot) until their fingers fall off. I'm not going to argue that it's at all better than underhanded politics, but at the very least, you generally get what their endgame is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What about Jet Fuel on Parliament north of Carlton. When I was doing a job down there a few years ago my co-workers loved going there for their coffees. I never tried it but I was wondering if it really was as good as they said.
I have friends that go there all the time because they hate the franchises in the neighbourhood. I don't drink coffee myself, so the one time I went I just had a juice or something.

Quick

Banned
Has anyone ever been to Toronto Comicon?

My old roommate brought it up with me years ago, and it sounded pretty cool. I got an e-mail about tickets being on sale for this year's (March 10-11), and I'm debating whether or not to attend.

Is it like the madness of Fan Expo, or is it a bit more subdued?

Azih

So it seems like we're getting at least a bit of transit city back:
cb7cfc6c412aabab352a61761001.jpg

It's crazy that Sheppard is getting nothing and Finch is getting downgraded to a busway all in service of that little purple stub in the top right. At least we'll get Eglinton built the way it was originally envisioned..

And the sane Councillors are talking about the Finch busway now in terms that makes it seem like it wouldn't be the hardest thing to convert it to a full on LRT at some point.

It's not what it should be but I'll take it.

Azih

Don Mills to VP, wtf. That's a 5 minute bus ride

But does the bus ride cost a billion dollars?

As for Finch, I'd imagine that the majority of people taking Finch are traveling within the city. Shouldn't Improved transit reduce car traffic on the road?

I think what those councillors are saying is that you can build that much of the Sheppard line with the money saved from putting part of the Eglinton line above ground. It would still be on Rob Ford to raise the money for the rest of the Sheppard Line because if you remember, he was going to build that line with magic money that wasn't promised to us from the Provincial Government.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Odds that the Sheppard extension happens are very, very shaky. Ford thought the private sector would jump at the chance to throw money in the pot, but it's just not the case. And the Prov is not committing more money.

I still hope they don't put Eglinton underground east of Yonge, even if Sheppard doesn't get built and the money goes no where. Ironically, the 1-1.5 billion in savings from not putting the entire project underground could be used to build the Sheppard LRT like originally planned.

A shame that Transit City was blown up so immediately. Even Eglinton LRT did take a hit, because it does not extend out to the airport anymore, like it really needs to. I think the Jane line was really undervalued too. A lot of residential places and growth along St Clair around Jane that could really use rail transit.

XXuNV.jpg

Roto13

But does the bus ride cost a billion dollars?

As for Finch, I'd imagine that the majority of people taking Finch are traveling within the city. Shouldn't Improved transit reduce car traffic on the road?

You're the enemy in the war on cars.

winjet81

How the hell are they going to add bus lanes to finch, its already slow as hell during rush hour.

I think they would use the Hydro corridor, just like they built the bus lanes east of York U.

As for the Sheppard Subway, what a completely useless line that's turned out to be. Back in the mid-90s it was the Eglinton line that should have been built out.

Sonki.

Banned
Anybody know of some food bank options?

Edit: Or are there any hindu temples that serve an evening meal? I know Vancouver has a few of those and it's great for people strapped for cash. And they are just good environments to begin with.

I think they would use the Hydro corridor, just like they built the bus lanes east of York U.

As for the Sheppard Subway, what a completely useless line that's turned out to be. Back in the mid-90s it was the Eglinton line that should have been built out.

Sheppard was Mel Lastman's baby. Eglinton wasn't in North York.

Spl1nter

NOOOOO. not my soccer fields. :(

Rinoa

I just can't believe that's what we're actually getting at Finch. I worry those lanes won't really be bus exclusive in the end.

Top Bottom