• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Rinoa

As someone who had to deal with the St Clair streetcars in the 80s and 90s for ballet all the way at OSB, I don't need a chart. Back then it was so cold/wait so long that I'd get Mcds at christie while waiting for it to come. The way St Clair come and goes now is ridiculously often and fast, almost like Spadina.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hahahahahhaha

Mammoliti got shutup so hard. The look on his face, I should have screencapped it.

Divvy

Perruzza was basically interrupting his accusations of not listening to his constituents. Mammoliti said he had one more question when Councillor Chin started to speak and I guess the speaker just went with it leaving Mammoliti standing there looking lost and confused.

Brandson

Wong-Tam does bring up a point too. It's pathetic how few of TTC stations have elevators, and must be nightmares for people with disabilities to move around. They've been adding these.. slowly.. oh so very slowly. I thought they were adding one to Runnymede when they closed it, but they just redid the bus depot. :(

Funny story... my wife was taking our new baby down to College and University recently in a stroller. Starting from Eglinton station, she took the subway around the loop and got off at Queen's Park. Unfortunately the elevator at Queen's Park was broken. She was advised that her alternate way of getting to street level was to take the subway to Eglinton station (where she started!) and take the Avenue Road bus downtown. Cool, huh? She just came back home instead.

Azih

Funny story... my wife was taking our new baby down to College and University recently in a stroller. Starting from Eglinton station, she took the subway around the loop and got off at Queen's Park. Unfortunately the elevator at Queen's Park was broken. She was advised that her alternate way of getting to street level was to take the subway to Eglinton station (where she started!) and take the Avenue Road bus downtown. Cool, huh? She just came back home instead.

I've seen so many people lug strollers up stairs and escalators. It's sad.

My councillor is a fucking idiot. This part of Eglinton he's showing was always meant to be underground.

edit: Wait, that was St. Clair? Really looked like Eglinton and Weston.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is where the Eg LRT would come out above ground. Preeeetty wide.

faF1Cl.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
She's is so dumb. I usually say that in jest for most people, but I think she's legit dumb. No one voted for the original Transit City plan? Really?

that and what makes her area so special? Everyone wants it all underground wah!!!!!!

holy shit go cry yourself to sleep at least you're getting a fucking LRT

DopeyFish

wow is she dumb? when transit city was announced everyone KNEW it was going to be above ground with a portion under ground

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
By the way, if you're wondering how some of these people voted on Transit City when it was 'alive'. Check out Nunziata and Mammo's votes.

TOCouncil-Scorecard-Transit-City2-2006-2010-Council.png

Divvy

She is so full of shit. I feel like we should have a higher standard of councillors that can pass some basic logic and reading tests.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
She is so full of shit. I feel like we should have a higher standard of councillors that can pass some basic logic and reading tests.

'WE HAVE NOTHING LEFT, NOTHING.'

I wonder if she thought of the people living downtown when she voted to rip out the Jarvis bicycle lanes.

Di Giorgio is now basically saying Miller held a gun to their heads, and forced them to vote for Transit City. Hilarious.

Azih

I can't believe all of this is over two freaking lines, Finch West and Eglinton. No Lakeshore LRT, no Jane LRT :(.

Feels bad man.

Divvy

"We have to do the best we can with the money we have"

Somehow Councillor Di Giorgio thinks this is foolish.

EDIT: Which of you just tweeted this?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
491We.png

I can't believe all of this is over two freaking lines, Finch West and Eglinton. No Lakeshore LRT, no Jane LRT :(.

Feels bad man.

Yeah, it really does stink. The more they delay the more expensive each line cost and we start shortening, or losing lines altogether. Maybe in 20 years we'll see something done about these routes.

Divvy

Are these councillors just presenting amendments to push that extra money to their own jurisdictions?

DopeyFish

where the hell do these scumbags keep coming from?

streetcars are NOT LRTs holy shit

they are light rail sure, but its not the same fucking thing

Divvy

Oh my god this guy is a fucking idiot. YOU AREN"T GOING TO GET A SUBWAY BEFORE EIGHT YEARS YOU MORON.

Top Bottom