• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Have any of this people visited St. Clair lately? It's pretty awesome, business wise (especially my stretch of the neighbourhood).

I ride from Gunner's Loop (via the 77/71 bus) if I have to be uptown sometimes, just to see what the area is like. I've always liked the area, especially toward the foot of Forest Hill and Yonge and St Clair.

subways everywhere!

nk9Is.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
this guy knows what he is talking about - toronto has fucked itself over and over

Yeah, Vaughan is full of himself and he rubs me the wrong way sometimes, but he always knows what he's talking about.

And he's preaching my message; you don't build and hope for density. You build for what's already there.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah, Vaughan is full of himself and he rubs me the wrong way sometimes, but he always knows what he's talking about.

And he's preaching my message; you don't build and hope for density. You build for what's already there.

Bloor-Danforth line should prove that it doesn't really work so... well...

but it's right. you can't just hope your lines will be utilized...

you build what you need with the foresight that you can expand based on that

augimeri sounds pissed

Beez

Banned
My dad always curses when talking about Toronto politicians and says they should have been expanding the subways 45 years ago. *shrugs*

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nunziata's face starts melting when she has to view the truth. I'm thinking Raiders of the Lost Ark style.

My dad always curses when talking about Toronto politicians and says they should have been expanding the subways 45 years ago. *shrugs*

Wise man.

cbox

I don't know, that thinking got us to where we are today... They need to think of the future, and by they I mean another group of people, not these idiots. I will laugh my ass off if Mississauga overhauls their transit system before the TTC.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
LRT is 1970 planning?

what the fuck

WHY ARE YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF?!

SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS

Man, she doesn't even realise that LRTs would be such a great investment for regions of Scarborough that DON'T meet the density requirements. All she can focus on is subways. Maybe she should get out there and start raising funds for it.

I don't know, that thinking got us to where we are today... They need to think of the future, and by they I mean another group of people, not these idiots. I will laugh my ass off if Mississauga overhauls their transit system before the TTC.

Not building at all is not the same. Toronto screwed itself because they did nothing when they could do something and had the ability, and population to do it. They opted not to. Situations like the Sheppard Line reflect that building and hoping people move into the area, or drive to the stations from outside of the area are much more dangerous.

And how is building LRT not looking toward the future? It is an investment for half a century and it may in fact lead to population increases in areas that will warrant a subway later. But to just build a subway everywhere in hopes of density increasing is foolish.

TTC has fewer options now because of decisions made in the past, which is sad. I agree that an overhaul on the system is needed.. but more at a corporate level and through advancement in things like automation.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS

Man, she doesn't even realise that LRTs would be such a great investment for regions of Scarborough that DON'T meet the density requirements. All she can focus on is subways. Maybe she should get out there and start raising funds for it.

what's really annoying is "OMG WHY ARE YOU SPENDING MONEY ON OTHER AREAS please extend the subway by 5 stops"

she ended off that shit speech with something out of a republicans speech

democracy? what the fuck? fore fathers?

wat?!?!

So, this means it's a go? (Barring McGuinty getting in the way?)

Why the hell did Ford just vote against setting up a panel for Sheppard transit? I thought he was all about Sheppard transit?

Reflex. It's very hard for him to push the "Yes" button for anything. That, and he thinks no further discussions are required, his plan is perfect.

I'm glad Michael Thomson, my local councillor, changed his mind and voted "Yes". (I had meant to email his this week in support but I've been stressed by work and hadn't gotten around to it.)

Anony

i always thought that if they extended finch station to steeles/yonge -> steeles station, they could offset ALOT of traffic
a bus terminal at steeles, the mall there, centrepoint would be alot bigger than it now

but i guess there too much infrastructure at finch to extend it

Top Bottom