• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It was a different time back when the subways were built. No one thought about disabled people at all back then.

True, but I has there been any initiative to make them accessible? Seems like a big fuck you to them that they're still that way.

Stet

Banned
When Ford Nation falls, will Mammoliti switch sides again?

Haha, and now he's petitioning the Provincial government to ignore council and do what he wants.

Spl1nter

Disappointing mammoliti didnt say BAM after that. Still the fucking man. He sounded like a WOP for a second when he said giambrone

I will never understand how people like Mammoliti or Nunziata get elected - they never have anything intelligent or of substance to say...just don't get it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's like Fragedakis is reading my Twitter account. Maybe I should plug GAF.

I will never understand how people like Mammoliti or Nunziata get elected - they never have anything intelligent or of substance to say...just don't get it.

Just like Ford. They are good at drilling home a message. If you say something enough and find some phrases that stick, people are drawn to it. And there's probably a 'they really stick up for me!' mentality with some people, who like how aggressively they defend their points. Really though Mammoliti has argued just about every position in his political life time. He'll say and do anything to get in power and stay there. That's why he's even lower than Ford. Ford might be trash (if you want to argue this, take an indepth look at his views on immigration, his treatment of members of council, and comments every year he's been on council), but Ford sticks with it. Mammo will do anything.

Rinoa

I usually look at their area, then think of the people I know who live there... then it all makes sense.

It's like Fragedakis is reading my Twitter account. Maybe I should plug GAF.

Just like Ford. They are good at drilling home a message. If you say something enough and find some phrases that stick, people are drawn to it. And there's probably a 'they really stick up for me!' mentality with some people, who like how aggressively they defend their points. Really though Mammoliti has argued just about every position in his political life time. He'll say and do anything to get in power and stay there. That's why he's even lower than Ford. Ford might be trash (if you want to argue this, take an indepth look at his views on immigration, his treatment of members of council, and comments every here he's been on council), but Ford sticks with it. Mammo will do anything.

This is it, the faux news / dr. oz watcher types.

Stintz still has too much taint for me from her previous actions to consider her for Mayor (unless it was her vs someone like Ford). Seems to be out for herself a little too much. I'm still on the Wong-Tam for Mayor bandwagon.

Wong-Tam does bring up a point too. It's pathetic how few of TTC stations have elevators, and must be nightmares for people with disabilities to move around. They've been adding these.. slowly.. oh so very slowly. I thought they were adding one to Runnymede when they closed it, but they just redid the bus depot. :(

Also, those elevators are often in disrepair. I've not gone a week without one that was broken. And there are NOT that many...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, Holyday is making a pretty good case against Ford. But I know he's not meaning to, but it's hilarious. 'not enough money' check. 'not enough density' check.

'the car is not going away'. lol. Let's just kill public transit and turn into a LA-like parking lot.

Spl1nter

I find this offensive.

Dont worry all Italians do this. Should watch a Vaughan council meeting would be hilarious, not to mention all the corruption.

If you think WOP is an offensive term towards an italian than you dont know enough Italians. Never went to a school were it was wops vs wasps or wops vs everyone else in the playground?

cbox

Dont worry all Italians do this. Should watch a Vaughan council meeting would be hilarious, not to mention all the corruption.

If you think WOP is an offensive term towards an italian than you dont know enough Italians. Never went to a school were it was wops vs wasps in the playground?

...I'm italian.

lol I was kidding.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I hope people remember this, and how these Councillors are voting. We can't have another group of elected officials with these sort of views on city planning. It's devastating for growth and it's so clear that the Fords carry a heavy 'US mentality' with their many of their arguments.

Stet

Banned
Doug Ford admits he lives in someone else's Ward and then disparages that person for not living in his own Ward.

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Doug Ford considers LRT in Etobicoke 'railroading' citizens, but without LRT, any transit at all.

edit: lol, 'special interest groups'. Such an evil term. Where could have learned such terrible tactics? (hint; USA USA)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fords have said multiple times now that Dalton is going to decide.

All McGuinty is going to decide is that $8 billion for Toronto Transit was a bit much and he's taking it all back.

Zzoram

I hate how Conservatives in Canada are adopting US-style jibberish buzz words to prevent real issues from being debated.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
you know what? fuck you doug ford. get the fuck out of etobicoke you piece of shit

your family is worthless

your ideals are pathetic

you are nothing but a fucking shitty cancer on this great city

we are getting fucked out of things because you are such an ignorant piece of shit

i want etobicoke to be great, damnit... not a fucking afterthought

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
"Trolley cars," hahaha.

I wish.

450px-SanFrancablecar+-+wikipedia.JPG

you know what? fuck you doug ford. get the fuck out of etobicoke you piece of shit

your family is worthless

your ideals are pathetic

you are nothing but a fucking shitty cancer on this great city

we are getting fucked out of things because you are such an ignorant piece of shit

i want etobicoke to be great, damnit... not a fucking afterthought

DopeyFish
Crying on the inside
(Today, 04:37 PM)

I know that feel, bro.

Spl1nter

"Should of buried the damn thing in the first place" FUCK YEAH.

"North York would not exist as it does today" Better or worse?

100 YEAR VISION! No jetpacks :(

DopeyFish

im not crying on the inside... im fucking keeping a mountain of rage calm for our area being neglected because of stupid back asswards conservatives absolutely destroying every potential for progress in this area

seriously... we are all debating about helping the entire fucking city vs replacing an existing transit line that will ultimately only speed up travel times by a minor amount

fuck man

this mayor is so fucking pathetic

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
evdelen Ev Delen
RT Cllr Ford argues that people, when polled overwhelmingy want subways. Unfortunately, "unicorns" were an equally popular choice. #topoli

Perfect.

im not crying on the inside... im fucking keeping a mountain of rage calm for our area being neglected because of stupid back asswards conservatives absolutely destroying every potential for progress in this area

seriously... we are all debating about helping the entire fucking city vs replacing an existing transit line that will ultimately only speed up travel times by a minor amount

fuck man

If council manages to bring back the majority of Transit City, I will be so elated. I thought at the very most that Ford's term would bring a complete stop to everything, and council would basically come to a stand still. So nothing would happen, good, or bad. But this.. if they manage to bring it back, would be a huge victory.

fuck man

ST. CLAIR DISASTER

d5bYC.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zombie James, you must work for a special interest group. Those logical facts can go against my beliefs. I am always right. /robford

DopeyFish

its such a disaster man

if transit city comes back it likely wont include the Waterfront West LRT

and i will be livid... fucking cursing that corporate walrus as I travel 25 minutes longer than i should have to just to get downtown

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
its such a disaster man

if transit city comes back it likely wont include the Waterfront West LRT

and i will be livid... fucking cursing that corporate walrus as I travel 25 minutes longer than i should have to just to get downtown

Waterfront would have been great. Too many people are on the 501 all the way from Long Branch, and it takes forever. Waterfront would have been a great asset for people west of Humber to get downtown in a reasonable time.

Sadly, I don't think Jane is going to be moving forward either. It would have really helped the corridor, especially with the extension from Gunner's Loop (on St Clair) coming over and completely the network.

But some of Transit City coming back is better than nothing at all.. even if it won't personally affect me that much.

Top Bottom