• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

daemonic

Banned
Friend of a friend of mine. :(

I hope she turns up safe soon.

Really hope this ends well. Cases like this really bother me.. anyway according to CBC news:

Police say she was last seen at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the TD Bank at 354 Bay St., near Temperance Street. Her image was captured on the bank's security camera and she appeared to be alone. Members of her family say this is not the bank branch Michelle regularly uses.

If anyone likes rock / heavy metal music (I'll take a wild guess that none of you do but I'll post it just in case) then here is the lineup for the Heavy T.O. festival at Downsview Park:

Saturday, Aug 11

Slipknot
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God
Dethklok
Suicidal Tendencies
Trivium
Gojira
Overkill
Cancer Bats
High On Fire
Protest the Hero

Sunday, Aug 12

System of a Down
Deftones
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Cannibal Corpse
Kataklysm
Between The Buried and Me
Veil of Maya
Job For a Cowboy
Goatwhore
The Faceless
Periphery
Exhumed
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Origin
Rose Funeral

Sonki.

Banned
If anyone likes rock / heavy metal music (I'll take a wild guess that none of you do but I'll post it just in case) then here is the lineup for the Heavy T.O. festival at Downsview Park:

Saturday, Aug 11

Slipknot
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God
Dethklok
Suicidal Tendencies
Trivium
Gojira
Overkill
Cancer Bats
High On Fire
Protest the Hero

Sunday, Aug 12

System of a Down
Deftones
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Cannibal Corpse
Kataklysm
Veil of Maya
Job For a Cowboy
Goatwhore
The Faceless
Periphery
Exhumed
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Origin
Rose Funeral

Man, that is a fucking SHIT fest. poser metal

Black-Box

nope that doesn't work, they should just make the whole building look modernize, doing the mix is ugly if you try to make it fit in. like the Rom, the new part really doesn't belong but since it is soo different, I think it fits.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Saturday, Aug 11

Slipknot
Marilyn Manson
Lamb Of God
Dethklok
Suicidal Tendencies
Trivium
Gojira
Overkill
Cancer Bats
High On Fire
Protest the Hero

Sunday, Aug 12

System of a Down
Deftones
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Cannibal Corpse
Kataklysm
Veil of Maya
Job For a Cowboy
Goatwhore
The Faceless
Periphery
Exhumed
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Origin
Rose Funeral

Protest The Hero and Between The Buried and Me? Fuck yeah.

I couldn't care less for like any of the other bands there.

Quick

Banned
Where can I get paper shredded? I'm looking for a place in the Ajax/Pickering area, specifically. I've done some Googling and there seems to be only corporate-level service available.

I have a ton of paper that's eating up space, and most of them have personal information, so I'm hesitant to simply dump them on my blue bin and let the collectors deal with it. My shredder can't handle all of it, and would take days to deal with.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Where can I get paper shredded? I'm looking for a place in the Ajax/Pickering area, specifically. I've done some Googling and there seems to be only corporate-level service available.

I have a ton of paper that's eating up space, and most of them have personal information, so I'm hesitant to simply dump them on my blue bin and let the collectors deal with it. My shredder can't handle all of it, and would take days to deal with.

If it's enough paper, like a couple standard File Boxes full, there are places downtown that offer a single time shred, whether it be picking up, or you dropping by. We used this one for our company for a large shred, although usually our office shredder would do.

Not sure about your area, but it seems a lot these businesses do offer one time service. Don't be afraid to contact them and ask.

So now Catholic school children will have to sing O Canada a capella.........like high schoolers don't have to deal with enough potentially embarrassing situations already

Since when is standing silently not acceptable? This is CANADA

ZZMitch

So now Catholic school children will have to sing O Canada a capella.........like high schoolers don't have to deal with enough potentially embarrassing situations already

Since when is standing silently not acceptable? This is CANADA
I don't get it, can you elaborate?

Rinoa

I hated having to sing the anthem, but they never forced us to. I still knew the words. You can't miss em if you hear em daily. Singing em isn't necessary.

Back from the dead (Toronto photo of the day)

7078558415_23e217342e_b.jpg

They used to play this godawful boyband pop version of O Canada at my school. I used to always get to school late and sneak through the halls while it was playing.

Roto13

I never heard the national anthem going to school in Newfoundland. Used to say the lord's prayer in the morning, though. :p

Flash

They used to play this godawful boyband pop version of O Canada at my school. I used to always get to school late and sneak through the halls while it was playing.

lmao we didn't have the boy band version, but I do remember sneaking to class whenever I was late. I'd always try to speed walk through the halls but soon as a teacher was there I'd stand still...only to sneak away soon as they turned their backs. Good times.

StevieP

Banned
Member of my family used to work with a huge wind corp in Toronto and had to leave because they were the community rep responsible for trying to win over the towns. They couldn't handle the sheer amount of stupidity towards turbines and switched to solar. Sad really.

HB White? lol

Is my brother also your brother?
The stories he'd tell me about people in those communities were.... alarming to say the least.

"My dog's gonna die from the air cancer!"

Appleman

We had one like this too. BAH-DAP-BAH, BAH-DAP-BAH, BAAAAAAH^BAAAAAH^BAAAAAH^BAAAAAAH! Oh Ca-na-da (bumbumbumbum)....

Just the absolute worst.

friend took a pic of the lineup for oprah
581398_10101076998992462_28112917_66336098_1896981659_n.jpg

Also, I see this exact view daily... who's stalking me?! :p

cbox

HB White? lol

Is my brother also your brother?
The stories he'd tell me about people in those communities were.... alarming to say the least.

"My dog's gonna die from the air cancer!"

hahaha naw, not the same person - but good god the stories I've been told are hilarious and incredibly sad

Boogie

Would you guys recommend moving to Saskatchewan?

Having spent six months in Regina, I'm going to say....probably not.

Regina is an allright city, and Saskatoon is supposed to be better.

But if not in either of those two centres.....no. And you WILL want to kill yourself in the winter. God, that cold....

Unless you're looking at some job that is going to pay you big bucks. The West is where the money is, after all.

Hieberrr

Just came back from Copacabana (all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse) and man, the food was amazing! I read somewhere that they only do music shows and dance performances on Friday & Saturday, so I took my girlfriend there today. Atmosphere was absolutely great. I mean, I was a little under-dressed as quite a few people wore dress shirts or w/e.. but men, good enough. They played live music, had a bunch of girls in costumes dance, and the food was simply delicious. Waiters came around with food on a skewer and a knife to cut it so you can take it off and put it on your plate. There's a 2 hour limit, but you can eat until your heart's content during that time. Believe me.

and their grilled pineapple... JEEBUS IT'S AMAZING :O~

But yeah, all you can eat only happens on Friday and Saturday. No reservations unless you have a group of 6 or more. Costs around $50 a person (after tax and tip), but it's worth it imo, especially if you go with a lot of people. Food comes to you. Food comes quickly. Salad bar in the back if you want something light between meat-eating sessions. It's definitely an experience I hope everyone can have.

Makes me want to go to Brazil
KuGsj.gif

I'm not sure how legitimately Brazilian this food is, but it's good. It's definitely something I haven't had before.

ibgJYMJ2PlMJkB.jpg

Quick

Banned
Yup, and when you report graffiti, the property owner is told by the city "Pay to clean it up, or pay us to clean it up."

Occasionally, I think people exaggerate about Rob Ford, but these kinds of things just make me realize otherwise. It's like he's parodying some whacky mayor from a terrible comedy show.

Top Bottom