• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Too bad people will still speed wildly. 40/kph? Must mean 80!
Windermere, I swear they think it's a speedway

I suggest we just enforce the laws we have to protect pedestrians.

I wonder how many license plates I would capture if I took photos for an hour of every car that rolled - and not even paused - right through a stop sign in my neighbourhood. In the span of 30 seconds this morning, there were five, the first of which nearly ran over a pregnant woman.

Wouldn't be the first time I've turned over that kind of info to MTO, for the fat lot of good it does.

Ryuuga

Banned
Anyone following the disappearance of Michelle Yu case? I'm glad she's back and all, but was there ANY other details as to why she was in BC? I'm guessing she's been through some sort of ordeal, but what reason is there to apologize for awareness being arisen to her absence if there was no immediate danger. Unless of course public testimony would somehow put her back in the hands of dastardly villains.

daemonic

Banned
Anyone following the disappearance of Michelle Yu case? I'm glad she's back and all, but was there ANY other details as to why she was in BC? I'm guessing she's been through some sort of ordeal, but what reason is there to apologize for awareness being arisen to her absence if there was no immediate danger. Unless of course public testimony would somehow put her back in the hands of dastardly villains.

I don't think they've released any details about her disappearance -- personally it just sounds like she took off due to stress and other personal complications. I suppose when she saw all the media attention she was getting and decided to contact her parents. Hopefully we learn more about this soon.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Only the potholes north of Morningside, hohoho. South of the round about, people treat it like an expressway to the Queensway.
I love the ad in this thread.

Rinoa

I don't think they've released any details about her disappearance -- personally it just sounds like she took off due to stress and other personal complications. I suppose when she saw all the media attention she was getting and decided to contact her parents. Hopefully we learn more about this soon.

It got so much media attention because girl with heart condition. Since she's small/young and it was out of character (according to family) they thought possibly kidnapped or worse.

I hope there's more to it than 'just running away', most kids don't run away liket hat unless some major shit going down.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The best part was he responded to me with "But Toronto doesn't have an NFL...oh. Fuck off" :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh...I know someone here has a connection, but I gotta be honest.

Don don izakaya be sure to avoid it. Great atmosphere. Good service. TERRIBLE food. I think I got sick from it. Tried a good variety of stuff too. As salty as Canucks fans. I read the reviews and refused to believe them...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Don don izakaya be sure to avoid it. Great atmosphere. Good service. TERRIBLE food. I think I got sick from it. Tried a good variety of stuff too. As salty as Canucks fans. I read the reviews and refused to believe them...

I think that connection was with Guu if I remember correctly.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

ibecnKlC1J9kvz.gif

Quick

Banned
wBwTL.jpg

I never saw this artwork during the Bills games up here. I wonder if they would receive a name change if they permanently moved.

Really? It was plastered everywhere (I think). Unless "up here" means somewhere else.

I've been to a couple of the Bills games at the Rogers Centre. Nothing spectacular, to be honest.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Really? It was plastered everywhere (I think). Unless "up here" means somewhere else.

I've been to a couple of the Bills games at the Rogers Centre. Nothing spectacular, to be honest.

Didn't actually attend any games, but usually I follow closely enough to notice things like that.

I couldn't bring myself to attend a Bills game, considering football is a pretty bad spectator sport and the prices for the tickets..

Quick

Banned
Didn't actually attend any games, but usually I follow closely enough to notice things like that.

I couldn't bring myself to attend a Bills game, considering football is a pretty bad spectator sport and the prices for the tickets..

Oh god it is. On TV, you get the commentary and all, but live? START. STOP. START. STOP. START. STOP.

I didn't have to pay anything at all (I worked there, lol), thank god.

Gives me goosebumps every time.

Can't believe I was 8 when that happened. I remember hearing half the apartment building we lived in going crazy.

Oh god it is. On TV, you get the commentary and all, but live? START. STOP. START. STOP. START. STOP.

Someone invited me to a CFL game under the pretence that it was "faster paced" than the NFL. I don't think I've ever been so bored in my life.

Roto13

I don't get the appeal of watching football at all. Holy shit, so slow and so boring. Huge stretches of time where you're waiting for anything to happen and then they play for two seconds and it's back to waiting and oh my fucking god.

ElNino

It depends on the game. I went down to Miami to see a Dolphins/Patriots game on MNF and it was awesome.

Argos games on the other hand....

Brinbe

It depends on the game. I went down to Miami to see a Dolphins/Patriots game on MNF and it was awesome.

Argos games on the other hand....

Always depends. Argos-TiCats games are usually good times, and the Argos-Bombers playoff game I attended a few years ago was great, even though we choked and lost with a home Grey Cup game on the line. Hopefully, they'll be better (and more watchable) this year with a real QB at the helm in Ricky Ray.

I wasn't there but I did skip school with a bunch of friends to go to the parade.

My dad took my mom to the game instead of me because I went to an ALCS game and couldn't handle the large crowds and noise in the 500 level and skywalk =/ I was 10 years old

My parents were sitting 10 rows behind home plate for game 6, ugh!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Eff every team that is not the Maple Leafs. I want them all to lose.

You cut me deep. I want to be there but my friend is throwing together a charity event up in her hometown of Peterborough, I gotta support the cause. :(
Ah for charity. Is good then.

Lol all lose...canucks fans so so salty!

We need more upsets to make this one crazy ass Cup.

Top Bottom