• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Toronto photo of the day:

6950219882_36937f0721_b.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking weird ass dream. Like I was a kid again for the first time in Toronto. There was a lot of wonder and more awesomeness back then. Spadina and Broadview where happening places and even Pacific Mall was decent. I only recall the city being really freaking big and I was lost trying to find my cousin who lives in Scarborough. He isn't actually hard to get to...hell...I could drive there it's so close.

There was a Chinese gang war where someone for killed. A mention of a strip club. A really kick ass bakery. Goddamn...

There were illegal pictures taken and I was being chased by some mall cops.

Weirdest birthday dream ever! Oh and I'm 31 today. Should I laugh or cry?

Though it wasn't the same bakery I gotta head down to cherry bomb cafe to get more of dem damn pastries. Best croissants in town holy crap at their blueberry one.

whitehawk

Banned
Fire at danforth tech (greenwood and danforth)

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/202473--fire-at-danforth-tech

Firefighters are responding to a two-alarm blaze at Danforth Collegiate & Technical Institute in East York.

No students were reported injured, but the school was evacuated as a precaution and students remain outside, Toronto District School Board spokeswoman Zoya McGroarty told CityNews.

A fire captain was treated for smoke inhalation, paramedics confirmed.

The flames broke out around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. By 11 a.m., firefighters had brought in a 65-millimetre hose, which is used to douse large fires.

There are reportedly two fires inside the school, one in the basement and the other on the second floor.

The school is filled with heavy smoke, Const. Wendy Drummond said.

"It will take some time to get the smoke out of the school and to vent the school," she said.

Greenwood Avenue was closed between Danforth Avenue and Glebeholme Boulevard as crews battled the flames.
I was just outside and I could smell the smoke.

Rinoa

Fucking weird ass dream. Like I was a kid again for the first time in Toronto. There was a lot of wonder and more awesomeness back then. Spadina and Broadview where happening places and even Pacific Mall was decent. I only recall the city being really freaking big and I was lost trying to find my cousin who lives in Scarborough. He isn't actually hard to get to...hell...I could drive there it's so close.

There was a Chinese gang war where someone for killed. A mention of a strip club. A really kick ass bakery. Goddamn...

There were illegal pictures taken and I was being chased by some mall cops.

Weirdest birthday dream ever! Oh and I'm 31 today. Should I laugh or cry?

Though it wasn't the same bakery I gotta head down to cherry bomb cafe to get more of dem damn pastries. Best croissants in town holy crap at their blueberry one.

Happy birthday!

You sound like my friend Wayne, he has very vivid and random Toronto related dreams.

He had to call me during work to tell me his most recent one, where I was leading a protest about Toronto being the best city.

Went to the Raptors game tonight, my friend won season tickets in the upper bowl so I've gone to several games for free this season. So tonight we get to the upper bowl and there are MLSE Team Up foundation people walking around offering 10 dollar seat upgrades to the lower bowl :) Got to sit in the reds for 10 bucks, not bad, and the Raptors won by 30 and a bench player managed to get a triple double lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Went to the Raptors game tonight, my friend won season tickets in the upper bowl so I've gone to several games for free this season. So tonight we get to the upper bowl and there are MLSE Team Up foundation people walking around offering 10 dollar seat upgrades to the lower bowl :) Got to sit in the reds for 10 bucks, not bad, and the Raptors won by 30 and a bench player managed to get a triple double lol

What was the crowd like for the last game of the reason against the Nets? Very jealous though, I simply can't attend NBA games most times because the prices for a decent seat are insane.

What was the crowd like for the last game of the reason against the Nets? Very jealous though, I simply can't attend NBA games most times because the prices for a decent seat are insane.

It was a good crowd, they gave away lots of stuff

Mostly kids though........these kids behind us kept screaming the entire game and got really upset when the Raptors decided to run out the clock instead of score another few points to get free pizza lol

Quick

Banned
Random thought: is there an interest in a meet-up for people in the east? I'm talking Durham region (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa) and maybe Scarborough.

Nothing concrete in mind to be honest, thought I'd maybe pique interest.

added_time, do you take these photos?

Nope. I take none of them. They are all from various forums like skyscrapercity, urbantoronto.ca and things like that.

Urbantoronto in particular is an amazing source of information on new developments, transit and other various things going on in the city. EvilMario and myself are really into that one.

Toronto photo of the day:

6948945928_4bdafc5f2f_b.jpg

The tall building being finished up on the left is the new Shangri-La Hotel and Residences. It's one of the nicest new buildings in Toronto in my opinion.
Also, if you compare this photo to a photo from 5 years ago... you can notice that First Canadian Place (also known as the white BMO Building by most people) has been entirely re-clad and looks brand spanking new again!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Must be Spring, because bylaw officers are out chasing down dog owners and ignoring bicycles running people over the sidewalks.. >:|

p.s., other dog owners. please pick up after your dogs and keep them on leash, so other people don't throw me in with the likes of you

Roto13

If I had telekinetic powers, you have no idea how many irresponsible dog owners would have their dog's shit in their mouths.

Magnus

I'm starting to resent this beautiful city I live in for the severe lack of job ops, despite predictions of a good year...

G'damn.

What does most of Toronto-GAF do for a living?

dantehemi

I'm starting to resent this beautiful city I live in for the severe lack of job ops, despite predictions of a good year...

G'damn.

I work construction, fire protection sprinklers to be exact. Love taking the hoist up to the 40th or 50th floor of some of the high rise buildings I work on (currently working at the gooderham buildings at the distillery district and the condos right across the street from st lawernce market. I eat lunch on the highest point of the building everyday for lunch, it's great (well in the summer it is)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I work construction, fire protection sprinklers to be exact. Love taking the hoist up to the 40th or 50th floor of some of the high rise buildings I work on (currently working at the gooderham buildings at the distillery district and the condos right across the street from st lawernce market. I eat lunch on the highest point of the building everyday for lunch, it's great (well in the summer it is)

Someone buy this man a camera. I want to see those views.

whitehawk

Banned

G'damn.

At the moment working at a movie theatre. It's okay for now since I'm still living at at home.

Professional musician and dog walker.
As an aspiring musician, care to elaborate on the musician part? I'm curious.

Kraftwerk

Toronto-Gaf is doing a meet-up tonight at The Central Bar. Live music, patio, big massive space. Lots of drinks and food. Feel free to drop by!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468452

We have table reservations, but will be able to accomodate more gaffers incase you come.

DATE : April 28the TONIGHT

TIME : 19:00 PM

It was extremely fun last time.

Top Bottom