• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

7129981325_00e00d9c06_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/01/playstation-loves-canada-youre-invited-toronto/

I showed up to the last one of these and met a couple of Gaffers.

I'm most likely going to show up again. Got free games last time.

Edit: added_time troll pic... lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I was wondering why it was at that location and it looks like PlayStation sponsored that space. I should be free to drop by. :)

Oh, hey: TorontoGAF might be interested to hear that George Takei is narrating sci-fi music at the TSO. First concert today, last one tomorrow.

Quadratic

I'm going to TCAF. Probably only the Sunday.

I am headed to the Kid Koala concert Thursday night. My friend did some animation work for him and had an extra ticket for me.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ford wants to buy a piece of park space behind his house because “Our primary concern is the safety of Douglas and Stephanie, our two young children, having a secure area to play. The addition of this parcel of land to our property would allow us to install a better security fence that will help to enhance the safety of our children,”

But of course The Fords did not explain why they believe buying the land would make them safer. Their backyard is already fully fenced.

Can this guy make anymore hilarious non-political news?

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...f-etobicoke-park-to-build-security-fence?bn=1

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I haven't visited the zoo in years. I wish it was more easily accessible for a quick trip, but alas. Maybe this will be the year.

Quick

Banned
Ford wants to buy a piece of park space behind his house because “Our primary concern is the safety of Douglas and Stephanie, our two young children, having a secure area to play. The addition of this parcel of land to our property would allow us to install a better security fence that will help to enhance the safety of our children,”

But of course The Fords did not explain why they believe buying the land would make them safer. Their backyard is already fully fenced.

Can this guy make anymore hilarious non-political news?

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...f-etobicoke-park-to-build-security-fence?bn=1

Fences need fences. DOUBLE FENCE.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And star reporter caught taking pictures of fords backyard

Guess that explains the want for more security lol

(don't know who said star reporter, my dad said it... But he's heavy con so it could be BS)

It's kinda unfolding on cp24 right now... Rob ford running around his front lawn freaking out in pajamas

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
And star reporter caught taking pictures of fords backyard

Guess that explains the want for more security lol

(don't know who said star reporter, my dad said it... But he's heavy con so it could be BS)

It's kinda unfolding on cp24 right now... Rob ford running around his front lawn freaking out in pajamas

Wouldn't be surprised if it is a Star reporter. They're obsessed and always looking for something (albeit Ford makes it too easy for them). They're almost as sad as the Mayor himself, but the backyard thing was submitted prior to this. And even if they expand the backyard into the park though, it's already fenced, so how does this help? :/

Wouldn't be surprised if it is a Star reporter. They're obsessed and always looking for something (albeit Ford makes it too easy for them). They're almost as sad as the Mayor himself, but the backyard thing was submitted prior to this. And even if they expand the backyard into the park though, it's already fenced, so how does this help? :/

Subways?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It was Daniel dale, the writer for the story posted earlier standing on cinder blocks on the public land in which ford was wanting to buy

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That story makes him sound like such a pansy. What's the mayor going to do, assault you? Why would you drop your voice recorder and cell phone and run away? Turn those on and start recording and you'll have the best defense ever. That being said, I've never faced down a stampeding Ford so maybe it's just that pants-shit-tingly terrifying.

310 pounds of anger running towards you would make you run.........still kind of weak that he dropped his stuff though

Brinbe

Oh God...

Every time I tried to sidestep him to escape, he moved with me and yelled at me again to drop my phone. I became more frightened than I can remember; after two or three attempts to dart away, I threw my phone and my recorder down on the grass, yelled that he could take them, and ran.

When I reached the park’s parking lot, a fair distance away, I approached two young men who were sitting in a car, asking them to use their phone. The mayor, looking in our direction, continued to shout, and I ran to my car and drove away.
bahahaha, really? That is hilarious.

dantehemi

Cool. A friend of mine helped make that Sound Shapes game. Too bad I'll never own it since it's only on Vita. I can always borrow his though I guess!

Toronto photo of the day:

7128172933_4960b06f55_b.jpg
I did the sprinklers at those buildings. I have been to the roof of all of them, ver very nice view ( once in the summer I actually took a nap on my lunch at the very top. It was so relaxing, the warm wind and all the street noise:) I actually still have master keys for some of the buildings I have done, not sure if I have these one though. And I have never used them after the job was done, I'm not sure the masters work once residents move in (think there is a pin in the locking mechanism they take out) but man would it be fun to just chill on top of a sky scraper at night and drink some beers 500 feet in the air :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I did the sprinklers at those buildings. I have been to the roof of all of them, ver very nice view ( once in the summer I actually took a nap on my lunch at the very top. It was so relaxing, the warm wind and all the street noise:) I actually still have master keys for some of the buildings I have done, not sure if I have these one though. And I have never used them after the job was done, I'm not sure the masters work once residents move in (think there is a pin in the locking mechanism they take out) but man would it be fun to just chill on top of a sky scraper at night and drink some beers 500 feet in the air :)
Or piss off the edge like Tyrion at the Wall.

Can anyone suggest the best place to buy a "fuzzy logic" rice cooker downtown?

I went to Neo Home and Tap Phong yesterday but the prices were way, way higher than they should be based off the prices I see online and the selection at Tap Phong was horrible.

zorbsie

I also went to this last year. It was nice to play with the Vita before launch. A buddy from work and I were recorded playing nhl 12. I guess we were hooting and hollering too much. I'll be checking this out again.

Personally, I don't believe either of them

Yeah, I'm leaning toward this as well.

I think the media really needs to watch their step with Ford. I'm starting to see some sympathy for the guy. He does stupid stuff enough on his own, the media doesn't need to go out of their way to catch him in the act. He brings that shit to you.

Kraftwerk

Fuck this weather...

The humidity has officially begun...and I already hate it. I'm glad I lost those 50 pounds last year, so I can roam around naked.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fuck this weather...

The humidity has officially begun...and I already hate it. I'm glad I lost those 50 pounds last year, so I can roam around naked.

If I lost 50 pounds, I would fade from existence.

Toronto seems like it was a pretty depressing place before the 60s...

Well, out toward High Park it was mostly undeveloped and people would take 'vacations' outside the city over here. I think the illusions of older photos might give the impression Toronto was pretty dead, without much happening. While it might be partly true compared to now, there are some fun pictures from many decades ago.

From 1910 through the 20s, Toronto had a major growth spurt from 200,00 to over half a million. In these 20s photos, you can see the city's core already pretty busy.

lyfEo.jpg

Dfy9N.jpg

KD057.jpg

And into the 40s, the city grew more slowly and eventually rested around the 670k mark, where the old City of Toronto would sit until amalgamation. I always loved a lot of old beach photos. This one and the hockey photo are from the 40s.

Vi9Mg.jpg

uRZPr.jpg

To see how different the city was in the 40s though, this is downtown during VE Day.. and the other photo is from from the late 40s, north of the 401 (Winston Park Blvd.), showing the difference in development.

TPYhf.jpg

idJVU.jpg

These are courtesy of BlogTO, by way of the Toronto Archives and Ontario Archives. They have very lovely by the decade photo segments.

Top Bottom