• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

whitehawk

Banned
Yonge St to have a lot going on later in the summer with 'Celebrate Yonge St'. A shame they'll never turn Yonge from Dundas to Queen into a permanent pedestrian mall. It could be grand.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.TE16.52

Yonge St. might get a lot more pedestrian friendly soon
I would love if there was no traffic on Yonge Street from St. George to a bit past Dundas. It would be like our own Bourbon Street (Which is fucking awesome btw). I guess there are too many business building to make that happen though :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And the plot thickens:

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhallpolitics/article/1172308--mayor-rob-ford-chases-and-confronts-toronto-star-reporter-daniel-dale?bn=1

A phone call was made from Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale’s cellphone on Wednesday night at 8:37 p.m. — about 45 minutes after he surrendered his BlackBerry to Rob Ford in a heated confrontation behind the mayor’s home.

The Star has obtained phone records showing that a phone call was made from Dale’s BlackBerry to Robert Andreacchi, executive assistant to councilor Maria Augimeri, well after Dale left his cellphone with Ford.

During their interview with Dale Thursday, police also said his phone had multiple bars of battery life when they obtained it from Ford. Dale said his cellphone was completely dead when he gave it to the mayor.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Keep pumping this incredibly intriguing story Star. Argrh.

Although it was reported that Ford asked his family if he should step down as Mayor following this incident, which is the most interesting part of the story. Sadly, the family told him to keep at it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wow... So not only did he he take the mans phone, he charges it, likely snoops on it and makes a call on it

What a moronic thing to do

Wow... So not only did he he take the mans phone, he charges it, likely snoops on it and makes a call on it

It would be funny if he went to the trouble of charging the phone and taking pictures of his house from the backyard in order to fabricate evidence of Dale snooping on his property........

But I don't imagine Ford knows how to spoof timestamps and would get caught red handed (faced) and then blame it on the Star anyway

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It would be funny if he went to the trouble of charging the phone and taking pictures of his house from the backyard in order to fabricate evidence of Dale snooping on his property........

But I don't imagine Ford knows how to spoof timestamps and would get caught red handed (faced) and then blame it on the Star anyway

Oh god please happen

whitehawk

Banned
When his security is brought up he always mentions how he's gotten death threats before so he needs to take his safety seriously.

However if a city mayor is getting death threats, you've done something wrong. Presidents get death threats, not Canadian mayors.

Oppo

Can you imagine a story like this about Miller.... it's unthinkable.

fuck that thug. I'm so tired of him already.

Bluejays GAF. I want a new hat. Are they $39.99 everywhere? Checked the official online store and footlocker so far and both $39.99. I haven't bought an official fitted hat in years but that seems expensive. I remember my old one costing $20.

This one:
img10771756.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When his security is brought up he always mentions how he's gotten death threats before so he needs to take his safety seriously.

However if a city mayor is getting death threats, you've done something wrong. Presidents get death threats, not Canadian mayors.

Lastman said he did receive death threats while he was Mayor (Miller declined to comment). Pretty sure most people in a visible position of power receive all sorts of garbage like that.

Interesting to see how the cell phone story progress if he was trying to frame the guy.

I have little doubt that Ford went through all of Dale's emails, contacts, and photos. Which is dumb of The Star, since you can remote lock or wipe a BlackBerry with ease.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Lastman said he did receive death threats while he was Mayor (Miller declined to comment). Pretty sure most people in a visible position of power receive all sorts of garbage like that.

Interesting to see how the cell phone story progress if he was trying to frame the guy.

I'm sure all mayors get death threats, the general populace is full of crazies with internet access. Still, I can't help but think that the amount that Rob is getting is like... crazy, look how paranoid he is getting.

I have little doubt that Ford went through all of Dale's emails, contacts, and photos. Which is dumb of The Star, since you can remote lock or wipe a BlackBerry with ease.

Well, a reason not to remote lock and wipe is to hope that he does go through the phone and do some stupid shit, so they have more ammo against him. It's all out war with the Star and Ford now. If Rob Ford did try some half-baked framing attempt...

Well first of all, it makes our Mayor look like the biggest idiot, that more than anything else, would be upsetting to me. This isn't an episode from 1970's Batman and Robin bro.

edit:

Fuck all you guys complaining about the weather, NOT HOT ENOUGH, HUMIDITY IS JUST FINE AS IT IS!

Boogie

I'm sure all mayors get death threats, the general populace is full of crazies with internet access. Still, I can't help but think that the amount that Rob is getting is like... crazy, look how paranoid he is getting.

Most of this would be resolved if he just accepted a damned TPS security detail.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Most of this would be resolved if he just accepted a damned TPS security detail.
There are three reasons he won't.

1. He doesn't want to be the first Toronto Mayor to do so.
2. He wants to say he's saving the city money by not having one.
3. He wants to continue to play the victim.

Quick

Banned
Bluejays GAF. I want a new hat. Are they $39.99 everywhere? Checked the official online store and footlocker so far and both $39.99. I haven't bought an official fitted hat in years but that seems expensive. I remember my old one costing $20.

This one: http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog989/folder5830/img10771756.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That's the price for it everywhere, I'm pretty sure. Have you checked Lidz? I see them with deals on occasion.

Look how paranoid he's getting? The guy's been paranoid all along. Even when he was a councillor.

Fifty

Does anyone in downtown Toronto want two free tickets to The Avengers tonight at 9:30 at the Scotiabank Theatre? I redeemed my scene points for the wrong night, and neither myself nor anyone I know can make it out tonight. PM me if you're interested

Went to a friend's B-day at Tattoo last night............they happened to be having a Star Wars day party...........I have now seen a stormtrooper, R2D2 and C3PO strip almost naked..........thankfully they were girls\

But damn, so many stereotypical Star Wars nerds there lol

Quadratic

I'm at TCAF right now and its pretty crazy. A ton of people. Smart decision this year to limit the amount of people allowed to enter the upstairs salon. You have more room to move around. The place is kind of a money trap because there's so many things I want to buy. Got a signed Konami Kanata manga which is pretty sweet.

Bonus points if you like arty chicks because there are a lot of cute girls here :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We're dropping by later, mostly for Streetpasses. :p

You'll know it's us because both my wife and I have Nintendo / Mario buttons all over our bags.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We're dropping by later, mostly for Streetpasses. :p

You'll know it's us because both my wife and I have Nintendo / Mario buttons all over our bags.

NURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

Hmm...didn't know that about the arty chicks. Too bad I couldn't go back in time and go there :p

edit: Avengers was surprisingly good. My experience was ruined by a fuckin bunch of dickhead dudebros talkin shit behind me, but it was a better than expected movie.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I wonder if I spotted any Gaffers at TCAF today, I got some swag - I'll post pics later.

Edit: Single men who want nerdy girlfriends, this is your opportunity. Dear God, it's like 2:1 girls to guys.

Roto13

TCAF smells worse this year.

There weren't really any panels I was too interested in seeing, aside from the Jeff Smith, Fabio Moon, Gabriel Ba talk last night. Bought Hark a Vagrant and didn't get it signed. :p

I enjoyed it more last year, but last year had Chris Ware and Chris Ware is wonderful.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got back from TCAF. Didn't do much, bought two Gastrophobia books and a Rice Boy book.

Somehow got into the last hour of the Adventure Time Mega-Panel as well.

Quadratic

TFC is horrible. That loss today really hurt. Probably the only saving grace from this season is that Aron Winter is getting fired this season and we're probably picking #1 overall in next year's superdraft, I don't think there's an expansion team next year unless I'm mistaken.

explodet

So many adorkable girls at TCAF today.

I actually had to cover a short table shift for a buddy at the con, so I didn't get to see a whole lot. Maybe I'll drop by again tomorrow.

Top Bottom