• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Rock count more than a farm team league. :p (also, having been to both Rock and Marlies playoff games, the Rock has better attendance)
That's not really fair though because there are very few hockey fans in Toronto, just a bunch of Leafs fans.

Oppo

Every so often, I confess that I do enjoy taking in one of the local flatball competitions, if I find myself in close proximity to one of the ice-courts, and am waiting to have my tyres vulcanised.

One can only hope.

The point at which this city takes glee in ruining a person is the point at which I'll just give up on humanity entirely.

Having the guy give up and resign as mayor is one thing, destroying his life by badgering him about his weight and lifestyle is just petty and way, way below the Toronto I know and love.

The point at which this city takes glee in ruining a person is the point at which I'll just give up on humanity entirely.

Having the guy give up and resign as mayor is one thing, destroying his life by badgering him about his weight and lifestyle is just petty and way, way below the Toronto I know and love.

He brought it on himself, he made his weight challenge a big deal and then gave up after a few weeks, it says a lot about his character

Quick

Banned

On the one hand, I agree. I wouldn't wish the guy ill or something.

On the other hand, he isn't doing himself any favours and had painted himself a terrible picture to others.

Roto13

You don't have to wish him ill. Have you seen how red he is all the time? Dude's been ready to burst like a water balloon for years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
To Kraftwerks and everyone else complaining about the heat your prayers have been answered!

32 degrees today and with humidity it will feel like 39!

Your wishes have been granted, go out there and become as dark as me!

Kraftwerk

To Kraftwerks and everyone else complaining about the heat your prayers have been answered!

I'm off today, and ant to go cycling. I hope it doesn't rain. I'm O.K with thunderstorms, makes everything fresh and coo. Humid rain is sticky and gross, feels like you are in a sauna.

cbox

I'm off today, and ant to go cycling. I hope it doesn't rain. I'm O.K with thunderstorms, makes everything fresh and coo. Humid rain is sticky and gross, feels like you are in a sauna.

Not to mention it makes cleaning your chain afterwards a PITA

Oh, I don't take glee in seeing him ruined. But, he's never going to resign. He'll never give up in that sense.

He's stubborn in all the wrong ways. He'll give up on something that requires actual effort (lose weight? read this 200 page report? nope), but he'll never give up if all it requires is him slamming his fist on a table and getting all red-faced for the camera, repeating ideological catch phrases over and over.

Stet

Banned

iJC3f2vQWcBI5.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
On the plus with all this hot weather patio season is very much upon us. Just wish I actually worked downtown and could really enjoy that after a hard day's work. Ah well.

Quick

Banned

I'm halfway there, sort of. More pink than darker in general, though.

Heat's not bad since I'm indoors, but I can still feel the heat seeping through since I'm sitting by a window.

Hieberrr

Hey guys, I just wanted to share something. A buddy of mine recently decided to make the switch from cable TV to OTA (over the air) to save money and he said it was pretty damn awesome. Quality wise anyways.

I went over to his place to check it out and the quality is crazy good. Some channels are cleaner than the Rogers HD (which he had before). It has all the basic channels.. so essential channels in HD minus sports channels. So if you don't watch sports very often, it's definitely a good investment. He had it installed for a one-time fee of $300 through some RFD promo, so I'm not sure if it's still going on or not. But I checked their site and it says $350.

So yeah, just wanted to share since it sounded like a good deal. I heard it's cheaper to do it yourself, but at the cost (time) of labour + being on my roof with no experience.. uhh.. yeah no... I'd happily pay for it.

I'm considering making the switch myself after the Euros are done LOL

Oh and here's the site if anybody is interested: http://skytune.ca/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey guys, I just wanted to share something. A buddy of mine recently decided to make the switch from cable TV to OTA (over the air) to save money and he said it was pretty damn awesome. Quality wise anyways.

I went over to his place to check it out and the quality is crazy good. Some channels are cleaner than the Rogers HD (which he had before). It has all the basic channels.. so essential channels in HD minus sports channels. So if you don't watch sports very often, it's definitely a good investment. He had it installed for a one-time fee of $300 through some RFD promo, so I'm not sure if it's still going on or not. But I checked their site and it says $350.

So yeah, just wanted to share since it sounded like a good deal. I heard it's cheaper to do it yourself, but at the cost (time) of labour + being on my roof with no experience.. uhh.. yeah no... I'd happily pay for it.

I'm considering making the switch myself after the Euros are done LOL

Oh and here's the site if anybody is interested: http://skytune.ca/
My brother put his OTA antenna up on his roof in Brampton a couple of years ago after having it by his glass sliding door for years. His neighbour gave him a hand doing it because I was too lazy to drive to his house. :p

Hieberrr

My brother put his OTA antenna up on his roof in Brampton a couple of years ago after having it by his glass sliding door for years. His neighbour gave him a hand doing it because I was too lazy to drive to his house. :p

LOL, you're terrible :p

Anybody know what the cheapest mobile phone plan is?

I absolutely need the following:
- Unlimited Text
- Free Evenings and weekends (free incoming would be awesome)
- Caller ID, Call waiting, etc...
- 100 anytime minutes

Right now, the closest one is the one from Wind. My contract runs out in August, so I really want to find the best one available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Man, I am on a cost-saving tear! Made the switch from Rogers Internet to Teksavvy, renegotiated my cable TV (although I'll probably switch later this year), and (most likely) will go with Wind for my cellphone plan. Feels good, man.

Quick

Banned

- Unlimited Text
- 100 anytime minutes

Right now, the closest one is the one from Wind. My contract runs out in August, so I really want to find the best one available.

Man, I am on a cost-saving tear! Made the switch from Rogers Internet to Teksavvy, renegotiated my cable TV (although I'll probably switch later this year), and (most likely) will go with Wind for my cellphone plan. Feels good, man.

EPIC_BROFIST_by_Stack23.gif

- Unlimited Text
- 100 anytime minutes

Wind

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

- Unlimited Text
- 100 anytime minutes

Yup, go with wind.

Hieberrr

If you switch to wind i'm guessing need new number etc?

*cannot part with nice 416 num*

Oh for real? I can't port my Fido number over? It's a 647 and I don't want to contact everyone to tell them that my number has been switched. It's a pain in the ass.

Rinoa

Bam!

Can't port numbers from one area code to another, but otherwise looks like you should be okay.

Thanks!

Has anyone done this? I wonder how rocky the process is with Rogers.

I need to change from them like ages ago. Seems we have to get a WIND number first then port over the old, basically running two accounts at once?

Also how good is the coverage + will I automatically hop onto other networks with a blackberry/smartphone when in USA or other countries?

Thanks!

I need to change from them like ages ago. Seems we have to get a WIND number first then port over the old, basically running two accounts at once?

Also how good is the coverage + will I automatically hop onto other networks with a blackberry/smartphone when in USA or other countries?

Yea, when I was in the US I switched to T-Mobile right away and in St Maarten I had a choice of several

Hieberrr

Thanks guys, I think I'll make the switch to Wind come August. I hope my phone works with it, otherwise... yeah, no. I mean, from what I've read so far, Wind supports GSM phones along with its AWS phones, but only 2G (which is completely fine with me).

Thanks!

You go into the a store and tell them you want to switch over. They will start the porting process and handle everything as well as assign you a temporary number to use for the few hours it takes to complete the process.

Coverage is good. The only times it has been spotty has been when I've been on the very border of the coverage zone in Milton, Richmond Hill, and Oshawa.

I'm still in the U.S. of A - but I just had to check in with a Toronto photo of the day. This is one of the best photos I've ever seen:

TT6cc.jpg

Top Bottom