• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Roto13

I'm still in the U.S. of A - but I just had to check in with a Toronto photo of the day. This is one of the best photos I've ever seen:

TT6cc.jpg

This is one of those pictures that makes me want to go to Toronto. Except I live in Toronto already.

Just got back home from my CIC appointment. I am officially a Canadian citizen now :D

MILKED BAGS FOR EVERYONE!!!

YOU ARE MILKING BAGS?

I honestly can't wait until I head out to Toronto in september for college. Hopefully the city is as amazing as everyone says it is

I'm still in the U.S. of A - but I just had to check in with a Toronto photo of the day. This is one of the best photos I've ever seen:

TT6cc.jpg
Definitely one of the best photos I've seen

Quick

Banned
One of the awesome things about having a Canadian passport? No more border office stops. Prior to becoming a citizen, I've had to stop at the office for them to check my visa, permanent residence card, and a few other stuff. Canadian passport? Stop and go. Feelsgoodman.gif

It didn't seem like such a big deal for me at the time when I became a citizen, but looking back, it was pretty cool.

ElNino

One of the awesome things about having a Canadian passport? No more border office stops. Prior to becoming a citizen, I've had to stop at the office for them to check my visa, permanent residence card, and a few other stuff. Canadian passport? Stop and go. Feelsgoodman.gif

It didn't seem like such a big deal for me at the time when I became a citizen, but looking back, it was pretty cool.
Strange that you had to go into the border office when coming back. I've never had to do anything but show my PR card at the border to get back, just as quick as anyone with a Canadian Passport.

Quick

Banned
Strange that you had to go into the border office when coming back. I've never had to do anything but show my PR card at the border to get back, just as quick as anyone with a Canadian Passport.

I had to do it a couple of times, so 2/3 or 2/4 times I've been to the US pre-citizenship.

The rain today has just been nuts.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Been having really strange power fluctuations all day from the rain. One of my monitors would keep resetting along with my modem, but not my other monitor or anything else in my home.

ElNino

I had to do it a couple of times, so 2/3 or 2/4 times I've been to the US pre-citizenship.
Strange that I've never had to though. I've been travelling between US/Canada for almost 35 years as a landed immigrant/permanent resident of Canada and I've never had to do anything other than show my immigration/PR information (and sometimes not even that).

Quick

Banned
Strange that I've never had to though. I've been travelling between US/Canada for almost 35 years as a landed immigrant/permanent resident of Canada and I've never had to do anything other than show my immigration/PR information (and sometimes not even that).

I've also had a couple of friends that had been stopped and told to go to the office. Maybe it's something a little more recent with newer immigrants? I don't know.

Not that the border office was a bad thing, we were there for 15-20 minutes tops. Going back to Canada wasn't an issue, though.

I refuse to believe just the rain caused this. At least where I am (Mel Lastman Square) it's raining but it's not so hard as to cause a flood.

Something something Rob Ford.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've also had a couple of friends that had been stopped and told to go to the office. Maybe it's something a little more recent with newer immigrants? I don't know.

Not that the border office was a bad thing, we were there for 15-20 minutes tops. Going back to Canada wasn't an issue, though.
I remember in the early '80's my aunt and uncle would have to stop at the border because they weren't citizens yet. My parents kept telling them to stop wasting time and become citizens because it was always a pain in the ass when we went on big (16 of us including my grandmother at the time) family vacations when I was a kid). They finally became citizens after being here for over 15 years.

Rinoa

That's soo nasty and it's gonna rain till Sunday..

Even when that stuff is dried up, it's in the air. Union is so toxic..

image0.jpg

I'm supposed to be hanging out at a friend's place right near Union Station. Might try to use the Spadina Streetcar to get there. Wonder how packed that will be.

I am dreading the shuttle buses along yonge after work.

I completely avoid shuttle buses. I'd rather walk in the rain.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Union station always floods when it rains anything more than an inch. I doubt they'll try to solve it with the renovations, but you think they'd get the hint by now.

It also flooded when contractors broke a watermain nearby. A really unfortunate location.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...college-janitor-charged-with-attempted-murder
Seems a janitor at my highschool tried to kill everyone. Wonder why...

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/207062
and wtf? is tanning really that abused/popular in Toronto?

Yup, tanning places are everywhere and up in areas like Vaughan they seem to be in every plaza next to a nails place, and you are sure to see a few orange girls every day

Its kind of disgusting, I don't know how girls think it looks good, they must be addicted to something

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Shooting at the Eaton Center. Yonge/Dundas, Eaton Center, Subway line from Bloor to Union Station all shut down.

AuazZDKCAAEAGj4.jpg:large

Magnus

Everyone safe and sound? So upsetting.

CP24 reporting six shot, one dead. Brutal.

Between the body part murderer, Union flooding and a mass shooting in the busiest centre downtown, Toronto's had a terrible week.

Roto13

All of our credit cards are trapped in the Eaton Centre with a murderer so no groceries tomorrow. This is the worst day.

Just talked to my little sister, she works at Eddie Bauer and the food court is like right there. She's ok but still very very shook up. She heard the screams and "thunder", said she never wants to hear terror in a person's voice like she heard today.
Glad she's safe but holy fuckballs. Funny thing is she was supposed quit weeks ago but hasn't.
Madness man!

Top Bottom