• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Star is reporting that one of the victims is 13 years old.

AubAb75CEAAIP3N.jpg

db8f7f334764a16d048436ba40b1.jpg

This is scary considering I walk by that place every day of the week. I hope everyone is ok, but CP24 just tweeted that the coroner is headed to the scene. Not good.

Hieberrr

Fuck, I just saw this on TV :S I go to school there during the regular semesters and this summer too. That is really messed up :| I hope everybody is okay :(

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto Police is reporting that there were 8 victims, one pronounced dead, two in critical and one in life threatening injuries.

Shooter is still on the loose...this is messed up.

daemonic

Banned
Makes me sick just reading about it, let alone being there in the mall itself. Seems like the cops were responsive and really quick to the scene though.

It was pretty surreal. Streets full of police and police cars, accompanied by live opera music on the stage at Yonge+Dundas Square.

Magnus

It was pretty surreal. Streets full of police and police cars, accompanied by live opera music on the stage at Yonge+Dundas Square.

Can only imagine.

Ate in the food court yesterday and was gonna hit the mall for a bite and some shoppin right when it all went down. Thank goodness I was lazy and stayed home till later.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
8 identified victims; 1 dead on arrival, 2 in critical condition, 1 in life-threatening condition, the rest varying.

Is it confirmed all are shooting victims, or did some people get hurt in the stampede afterwards? I imagine the place was packed like most Saturdays. If we weren't visiting in laws in Mississauga this weekend, it's likely we would have been in the area. Scary.

Roto13

The husband says it was like a solid mass of people stampeding through the shopping center. He had to lock the doors to the store so people didn't spill inside.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is it confirmed all are shooting victims, or did some people get hurt in the stampede afterwards? I imagine the place was packed like most Saturdays. If we weren't visiting in laws in Mississauga this weekend, it's likely we would have been in the area. Scary.

There's a few who are injured from bullet wounds. One woman was injured from being trampled and was pregnant, but its minor and she went into labour later on.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope they find this fucker soon. There's gotta be cameras everywhere in there that caught everything.

Nobility

Banned
Just heard about this, damn. :(

I'm there all the time since I am at Ryerson but have been away for the summer.

I hope they find this asshole soon, can't believe this actually happened inside the mall...my heart goes out for that 13 year old kid.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Flooding at union station, Gardiner still crumbling, glass still falling off of condos and shootings in Eaton's. Great start to the summer, Toronto.

I just posted in the other thread but here it is again, I was there today.

Fuck man, I was with a friend of mine at SportCheck. He bought running shoes and we started going upstairs and all we heard was few rounds of gun fire. Then we started hearing people running while screaming "shooting" etc.

We then walked into this one store laying low, few girls beside us was crying, one of them was like I saw two people get shot. Then out of nowhere two people come up and ask us if anyone know french? Not sure where they are from but it was chaos over there.

In a bit it calmed down, we started walking to this crowd gathered spot, there was blood on the floor, then all I heard was "bang bang" again, I didn't even try looking back, my friend dropped his $100 pair of shoes and started running, I grabbed that bag and walked out safe. We met at the Esso gas station on Church & Dundas.

Crazy day. I did not freak out, but I did not dare to try to be a hero either, as to take footage or try to gather pics or something.

Jesus, people, I don't recall during The Year of The Gun people being dicks and saying "DAVID MILLER'S TORONTO" following shootings.

To be fair, a lot of people criticize(d) Miller for abandoning his pushbroom-shaking platform of "cleaning up city hall" and railed his "NDP-style politics" as ruining the city for local businesses. Anytime there was a strike in the city it was Miller's fault; anytime there was a resolution to a strike in the city it was Miller who handed out too many concessions.

Stet

Banned
Jesus, people, I don't recall during The Year of The Gun people being dicks and saying "DAVID MILLER'S TORONTO" following shootings.

I don't recall people being humourless under David Miller either. It was a joke about just that effect.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If we're going to bash Rob Ford, let's comment on things that he actually has control over.

Like his weight? :D

I don't think Miller was a great mayor...but goddamn! You'd think in a city the size of TO, there'd be someone capable of running this damn place!

EM FOR MAYOR!

soultron

Banned
Was waiting for a subway at Bloor-Yonge when the delays on the train hit. As soon as "emergency response personnel" or whatever was said over the PA by the automated voice, I immediately thought that it was something serious involving a SWAT team or something. Finally got up to the surface and used my phone to read what the hell was going on. It was mental. To hear that a kid was shot is heart-breaking.

Between this and the whole Luka Magnotta chapter we've got going on, this has been the roughest start to a summer I can remember Canada having. Magnotta and whoever shot up EC need to get caught. Fast.

soultron

Banned
Good to hear the suspect turned himself in.

Hopefully the kid makes it out of critical condition. He was just visiting Toronto. :c

Hieberrr

The suspect turned himself in?

Good news! More than good news! Phew.

and they also caught that sick fuck from Montreal! Good job WORLD POLICEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Top Bottom