• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

I have a friend looking for an SNES and Earthbound, where might she be able to find these in Toronto?

Now there's a game that doesn't go cheap. (I have it... wish I hadn't thrown out the box.)

Try A&C games on Spadina, south of Bloor. That's the best place to get rare games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I have a friend looking for an SNES and Earthbound, where might she be able to find these in Toronto?

Good luck with finding Earthbound, I hear it is pretty expensive.

I think I still got my cartridge laying around somewhere AND I have the game guide that came with it as well. It's still in pretty good condition.

Boogie

The suspect turned himself in?

Good news! More than good news! Phew.

and they also caught that sick fuck from Montreal! Good job WORLD POLICEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFuH6XaKCD8

Nothing can bring back those killed, but it's very satisfying to see both these (alleged) killers caught so quickly.

Very strange for the Eaton Centre shooter to turn himself in though, if it was indeed a gang-related shooting.

If it was gang-related, maybe he felt safer in custody than getting some retaliatory threats against him.

That's probably why the police didn't release his name until they had him in custody.

His family is pretty scared for their own safety right now, though.

Boogie

If it was gang-related, maybe he felt safer in custody than getting some retaliatory threats against him.

One of the articles on the star says that both the shooter and the victim were associated with the same gang.

That makes sense now, if it wasn't gang vs. gang feuding, but rather some personal dispute between the two.

Toronto photo of the day:

7154638997_5e9e486da2_b.jpg

Willectro

Banned
How the hell does the average person afford to go to the Dentist?

I have an decent entry level job (with no benefits) and going to the dentist for a filling is quite painful on the wallet. The insurance plans are a joke. In many cases, if you just wanted insurance for dental (no prescriptions, eyecare, etc) you would be better off just putting the monthly fee in a bank account for when you need it. I really feel like the government is failing us. We keep people healthy, but if your teeth are rotting out, too bad. I know there are discount/free dental clinics around, but I feel that the provincial/federal government needs to get this "Dental Fee Guide" under control. The minimums are crazy and all we are doing is making Dentists quite wealthy. My girlfriend works a minimum wage job right now, and if she lived on her own, there would be no way she could afford to go to the Dentist.

Does everyone else just ignore going to the dentist until they have pain?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

A/C games near UofT has a copy...

Prepare to pay...

edit: goddamn it lunar! :p

edit2: will do you need a dentist or dental hygenist? I know there are those colleges with students who are studying it you can go to get your stuff looked at...though if you're in serious pain, just pay the charge. And try to get an entry level job with benefits :p

Rinoa

I have an decent entry level job (with no benefits) and going to the dentist for a filling is quite painful on the wallet. The insurance plans are a joke. In many cases, if you just wanted insurance for dental (no prescriptions, eyecare, etc) you would be better off just putting the monthly fee in a bank account for when you need it. I really feel like the government is failing us. We keep people healthy, but if your teeth are rotting out, too bad. I know there are discount/free dental clinics around, but I feel that the provincial/federal government needs to get this "Dental Fee Guide" under control. The minimums are crazy and all we are doing is making Dentists quite wealthy. My girlfriend works a minimum wage job right now, and if she lived on her own, there would be no way she could afford to go to the Dentist.

Recent article says dentists are part of the 1%, they are filthy rich but from what I know it's one of the most depressing jobs to have because a lot of people don't take care of their teeth.

I had an entry level job without benefits right when I had to get my 4 wisdoms taken out (2 impacted) and later a root canal. Definitely made me change my dental habits and now I'm pure OCD about keeping my teeth completely clean.

My dentist must be super cool... he knows I don't have insurance so he is always trying to find ways to save me money. Last time I was there he didn't even charge me for the x-rays!

7306479970_a382c737f0_b.jpg

My dentist must be super cool... he knows I don't have insurance so he is always trying to find ways to save me money. Last time I was there he didn't even charge me for the x-rays!

7306479970_a382c737f0_b.jpg
That image looks beautiful, saved for a future background

Entropia

No One Remembers
Recent article says dentists are part of the 1%, they are filthy rich but from what I know it's one of the most depressing jobs to have because a lot of people don't take care of their teeth.

There's also the fact that you're typically hunched over for most of your day, not good on your back/posture.

Rinoa

Anyone on WIND mobile can confirm that sometimes it randomly switches you to rogers and considers that roaming + charges a ton? I heard a few horror stories.

There's also the fact that you're typically hunched over for most of your day, not good on your back/posture.

Working on computer is just as bad though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone on WIND mobile can confirm that sometimes it randomly switches you to rogers and considers that roaming + charges a ton? I heard a few horror stories.

That has never happened to be before.

Now tell me who your dentist is.

I just switched and still haven't gone in to get my wisdom teeth done because the cost is insane. My coverage is shit for dental.

Never happened to me on Wind, plus you can turn roaming off

ElNino

I guess it depends on what you consider the average person. If you are talking about college age or recent grads who don't have a full-time job, then I guess I probably just wouldn't go. My wife and I both have decent benefits so we get 100% coverage while paying a minimal amount on her premiums.

Roto13

Rob Ford: "Hey, let's get rid of the plastic bag fee!"
City Council: "Why don't we just get rid of plastic bags all together?"
Rob Ford: "No, wait, that's not what I'm..."
City Council: "Alright, sounds good." *BANNED*
Rob Ford: "SHLLAAARRRGGGGHGGG GRAVY GRAVY GRAVY"

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They banned plastic bags? What the hell?
Starting in January 2013.

After a full day of heated debate, city council has voted 24-20 to ban plastic bags in Toronto retailers by 2013.

Council later voted 23-21 to rescind the five-cent plastic bag fee, effective July 1.

Mayor Rob Ford championed the ban on the five-cent fee that he called "irritating," but things went a step farther with an outright ban on the bags that would be implemented on Jan. 1, 2013.

The decision came moments after Ford told council that he thought plastic bags were "useful."
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...nto-council-votes-to-ban-plastic-bags-by-2013

Ford: "Plastic bags are useful."
moments later
Council: "lol, fuck you. Banned!"

mcrae

looking for a bartending job, anyone have any suggestions? looking for a fri/sat club job. some people have suggested the madison and the brunswick house, since its so high volume and im used to dealing with that sort of crowd. already applied to everything up to two weeks old on kijiji, and have a list of 20+bars written down to drop resumes off at, but thought i'd post here to see if any gaffers have any suggestions

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rob Ford: "Hey, let's get rid of the plastic bag fee!"
City Council: "Why don't we just get rid of plastic bags all together?"
Rob Ford: "No, wait, that's not what I'm..."
City Council: "Alright, sounds good." *BANNED*
Rob Ford: "SHLLAAARRRGGGGHGGG GRAVY GRAVY GRAVY"

Bwahaha. Amazing news. A shame people will still manage to shit all over the city and parks with other garbage.

Hieberrr

I'd rather have it banned that paying 5 cents. This way, people will be forced to bring their own bags. Sucks for grocery stores though.. ugh.

Quick

Banned
I'd rather have it banned that paying 5 cents. This way, people will be forced to bring their own bags. Sucks for grocery stores though.. ugh.

Some groceries sell baskets or bags, and have them on sale on occasion. There's also going to Ikea and buying their bags for less than a dollar. Durable and huge, good for groceries.

Hieberrr

Some groceries sell baskets or bags, and have them on sale on occasion. There's also going to Ikea and buying their bags for less than a dollar. Durable and huge, good for groceries.

Oh man, why I treated groceries as an exception is beyond me x__x

Yeah, now that you reminded me, I'm good with this ban.

Quick

Banned
Oh man, why I treated groceries as an exception is beyond me x__x

Yeah, now that you reminded me, I'm good with this ban.

To the other side of the argument, there goes free/cheap garbage bags. I have a shit ton of plastic bags that I use for my garbage bins and they do the job quite well. With this ban, people will eventually run out of garbage bags and buy ones for actual ones made for garbage.

On the whole, I'm definitely for banning plastic bags.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
To the other side of the argument, there goes free/cheap garbage bags. I have a shit ton of plastic bags that I use for my garbage bins and they do the job quite well. With this ban, people will eventually run out of garbage bags and buy ones for actual ones made for garbage.

On the whole, I'm definitely for banning plastic bags.

Yeah, I occasionally use a plastic bag for garbage, but luckily a couple of years ago I switched almost entirely to buying those 3 dollars packages of 100 plastic bags.

Oppo

Too funny. Our mayor is so despised. I doubt he'll even want to run a second term.

I agree with the plastic bag thing, even though I know it will bite me in the ass a few times. The one aspect I find silly about the ban is extending it to recyclable "plastic". Why do that? I know Lettuce and the like use those clear bags made from corn starch, what's so bad about those....

anyways we looked at Seattle as a model for the ban :)

ZZMitch

Damn that is nice.

Wallpapering as well!

In other news, I got a summer job... at Walmart, again. Can I come back to Toronto now?!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
On the Ford front, he blames residents for the plastic bag ban. It's on YOU people. Silent majority, right?

Mayor Rob Ford took to talk radio Thursday morning to lambaste council for banning plastic shopping bags — and, unprompted, blamed the city's residents for the unexpected decision.

“It’s the people’s fault,” Ford told AM640’s John Oakley. “Honestly, sometimes I get so frustrated because the people are just sitting back listening. They don’t pick up the phone, they don’t go down to City Hall, they don’t ask questions, they just — it’s frustrating. I want people to get engaged in municipal politics to find out who their councillor is and know how they vote.”

191dU.jpg

Humber West is an amazing park. Love walking out there, and it gives you a great view from the shore.

Roto13

I haven't seen a Wal-Mart since I moved away from my home town, except when I go back to visit. It's such a nice feeling.

Top Bottom