• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kunohara

So Awesome
toronto-ttc-subway-rt-map-mario-3-wallpaper-large.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So Adam Vaughan wants to ban bullets. It would be interesting to see a Chris Rock joke become reality.

i love me some hot pot... any good places downtown?

Read on BlogTO earlier this week that the only one that made their top 10 (such as it is) that was also DT was in Chinatown. Haven't been to hot pot in a long, long time though, so I can't vouch for its good or badness.

Divvy

i love me some hot pot... any good places downtown?

Not really. Though I haven't tried one there in a while. The place I went to is just by the Finch subway station if it's not that far for you. All the good hot pot restaurants are in markham and richmond hill.

I wrote a review of it just now:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hotpot-on-yonge-north-york

Read on BlogTO earlier this week that the only one that made their top 10 (such as it is) that was also DT was in Chinatown. Haven't been to hot pot in a long, long time though, so I can't vouch for its good or badness.

I saw that, but the only comment in that article:

Probably the worst hot pot I've ever had.

Divvy

To be fair, their top-10 lists are by reader nomination, rather than much in the way of quantitative measurement.

That said, BlogTO does attract its own cadre of trolls.

I love the BlogTO best of lists, and have found a lot of great restaurants and shops that way. It's not perfect though to be sure.

Quick

Banned
Why is this one really active anyway? More gaffers in Toronto? lol

Apparently Toronto is the only city interesting enough to warrant daily discussion, as evidenced by the fact that other city OTs die after a few pages.

Pretty much this. There's always something to talk about regarding Toronto in general.

We shit on our mayor, there's always some restaurant we haven't tried, and just stuff in general going on within the city.

not hating on the thread but why does toronto get it's own thread and not other cities?

I don't recall needing permission to start a city thread.

Start one, get people in it, and try to keep it going. That's all you need to do.

I like Ajisen. Though, it's the only Ramen place I've tried.

Ajisen is yummy. However, I don't think I've been to any other ramen place downtown.

Quick

Banned
I don't recall needing permission to start a city thread.

Start one, get people in it, and try to keep it going. That's all you need to do.

Ajisen is yummy. However, I don't think I've been to any other ramen place downtown.

Having a shitty mayor really gets the discussion going, too. Make sure your city has one of those before starting a city thread!

And I don't even know any ramen places downtown. Ajisen's the only one I know of.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Japanese do broth better. I like ramen like Kenzo or maybe even Manpuku. I find Pho very bland.

Ehhh...a lot of pho places here aren't really that good to be honest.

My aunt, who runs a Pho restaurant in SF, made some for me when she was visiting in Toronto.

Holy.

Shit.

Night and day! Broth was so flavourful and freakin awesome! Places here just aren't the same -_-

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
not hating on the thread but why does toronto get it's own thread and not other cities?

There are plenty of city threads. We were 'the first' to maintain a community, and we're the most active with a ton of members. I mean, we were active enough to be moved to Community. :/

Top Bottom