• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I went to Dufferin Mall today on my way home from work.

Never again. Never again.

I go there for TRU sales, since Sherway / Yonge & Eg is such a trek. For those desiring a Wal-Mart visit and wanting to avoid Dufferin Mall, there's one at St Clair and Runnymede.

Quadratic

I went to Dufferin Mall today on my way home from work.

Never again. Never again.

I went there too on an emergency errand. Yeah, it's horrible. But it's the only Walmart "downtown".

So is the taste of little Italy worth checking out? Doesn't seem like anyone is talking about it.

I've been in the past and it's really hit or miss. It's kind of like Taste of the Danforth where you can get the same food any other day of the week without the massive crowds. It's nice to people watch since it's warm out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was at Brass Tap Pizza on Danforth for the Greece/Russia game. When Greece won the supporters went insane. Ran out onto the street and started singing and dancing.

I went to see a couple of the NXNE acts at Yonge and Dundas Square. Art vs. Science and Hollerado.

Both were amazing.

We didn't feel like sticking around for the Flaming Lips crowd, so we left early.

Fugu

Roto13

Muahaha, I'm leaving to visit my family in Newfoundland Tuesday night. Enjoy your firey air.

But I'll have to deal with it until then. At least I have nowhere to go.

what's wrong with dufferin mall? it's like the only ttc accessible walmart there is

What's wrong with Dufferin Mall? I feel like I need to carry mace while I'm there and/or take a shower after I leave.

Despite their re-branding efforts the place is still a hole.

what's wrong with dufferin mall? it's like the only ttc accessible walmart there is

Walmart should have never been allowed in Toronto. Those stores never help local economies.

As for Dufferin Mall, it's a pretty good place to go watch teenage moms hang out.

Toronto photo of the day:

7376660420_7a8615c8c6_b.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dufferin Mall still isn't bad as South Common Mall in Mississauga. The best thing about that mall are the stores not in the mall.

Magnus

Anyone have any experience using headhunters or temp agencies in Toronto?

My head is aching from this go-nowhere job search...

Divvy

Anyone have any experience using headhunters or temp agencies in Toronto?

My head is aching from this go-nowhere job search...
My girlfriend and another friend both got pretty good jobs pretty fast through an agency.

Divvy

what kinda jobs?

DETAILS MAN! DETAILS!

Oh, my girlfriend works in the provincial government now. And my friend works at an investment firm. Sorry, this happened a couple of years ago, so I don't remember exactly the process and they aren't around to ask right now. I think they both got into administrative duties, but have since climbed the ladder a bit?

Top Bottom