• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Willectro

Banned
I've never been to the St. Lawrence Market, but I've heard it's pretty amazing. I wanted to pick up some bacon or peameal bacon on friday afternoon (for Saturday morning). Will they have it or is this more of a Saturday thing? I'm not really sure how this all works.

Rinoa

That mega thundercrack caused car alarms to go off and my internet to go down last nighit.

Re: dirty duff
Lot of old ppl hang out in that mall. At least it's not the Galleria, where every store is either closed or closing.

Bet it was St. Mary's or that other one near the mall, I went to summerschool at both and they felt so sketchy compared to St. Joes.

Yeah, I was waiting in line when all of this happened. Absolutely mind-blowing story. Completely tragic.

Incidentally, there was absolutely no way this concert was going to happen cleanly; the "line" was a huge, disorganized crowd.

Friend was EMS there when it happened, ppl were on the ball. Hopefully this begins some sort of major restructuring of how responsibilities are distroed when it comes to setup of temp stages.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've never been to the St. Lawrence Market, but I've heard it's pretty amazing. I wanted to pick up some bacon or peameal bacon on friday afternoon (for Saturday morning). Will they have it or is this more of a Saturday thing? I'm not really sure how this all works.

You'll be fine going on Friday. The south market is open most of the week(closed Sunday and Monday usually though), whereas the farmer's market in the north building is open on Saturday. Keep in mind the Market does close pretty early, one of the reasons I don't visit as much as I would want.

http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone else brave enough to venture outside? It's stupid hot out. But despite that I can honestly say I've felt worst in Toronto. It's got the humidity but it's not to the point of you want to kill yourself humid. Just "okay this is really annoying" humid.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone else brave enough to venture outside? It's stupid hot out. But despite that I can honestly say I've felt worst in Toronto. It's got the humidity but it's not to the point of you want to kill yourself humid. Just "okay this is really annoying" humid.
That's Toronto weather for ya.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even out earlier for the dog walk this morning, the humidity was destroying my will to live. I think I'll stick inside today with the AC cranked up, pretending it's lovely winter.

cbox

There's worse? This is pretty much hell for me. Shame, I want to go for a ride tonight on the trails.

Magnus

Ah, thanks Divvy.

Alright, so I got some decent news about work opportunities this fall. I'm so very screwed for the summer though. Savings have been roasted while networking, even while living at home, and I need cash to live and get out there over the next few months.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm literally hitting dead ends everywhere both in and out of my target industry. Lotta good 6 years of post-secondary have done me so far. My old retail bosses can't even take me back because they're all slashed on hours and can't hire.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

We had a few days last year that was worse than this and I spent all of them biking up to my summer courses at university. None of those this year so it's just my own stupidity that made me go out and run errands for the last 3 hours during the hottest part of the day.

As long as I can stick to the shade so I don't end up with horrible, horrible sunburns I'm good with the heat + humidity outside. When it gets like that inside, that's where I draw the line. Thank god for AC.

heat_stroke5ijkb.jpg

Roto13

Yeah. I went out and it wasn't very nice, but I walked one block and back and I didn't have to change my shirt when I got home so it's better than the worst days last year. :p

Quadratic

Spadina was a freaking mess on the commute home today with the streetcar lines down. I should have just walked over to University and saved myself the grief. How long will the closure be for?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Spadina was a freaking mess on the commute home today with the streetcar lines down. I should have just walked over to University and saved myself the grief. How long will the closure be for?

Between Queen's Quay and Spadina? Five months.

Hieberrr

Hieberrr is back, baby.

Thunder was pretty short lived tonight, but enough to freak the dog out per usual.

Aww yeah! :p Feels good to come back from my first ban, LOL.

Yeah it was pretty short, but there was one that completely shook me. The loudest crack and boom that I have ever heard *drool*.

What is up with all of these shootings lately? I just read that some dude got shot in Little Italy :|

Oh and the weather mang... I went out to get some frozen yogurt at Yogurty's (Bloor/Bathurst) and it was so hot! As soon as I stepped outside, I was covered in sweat.

Roto13

Aww yeah! :p Feels good to come back from my first ban, LOL.

Yeah it was pretty short, but there was one that completely shook me. The loudest crack and boom that I have ever heard *drool*.

What is up with all of these shootings lately? I just read that some dude got shot in Little Italy :|

Mobsters

Roto13

I don't remember the cab from downtown to the airport being $50 last year. I don't suppose anyone knows a cheap (but not entirely shitty) cab service to the airport at 3 AM?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I'll paraphrase by saying I love playing baseball in the heat but...

geez it was stupid hot out. Even my belt is covered in sweat. Thank you based A/C.

zorbsie

Was hoping to get a run in tonight, but it doesn't look like it will cool down at all. It's supposed to break tomorrow right?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was hoping to get a run in tonight, but it doesn't look like it will cool down at all. It's supposed to break tomorrow right?

Haha I was just thinking the same thing. I had a look at the hourly breakdown to see when it "cools" down. The answer is never! :(

I'll just have to resort to running when the sun has gone down in the hopes it won't be as terrible.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm finally back from my ban. Hooray!

I can believe I played ultimate frisbee for 2 hours in yesterdays heat. And biked all across the city. Fuck you heat I'm still going out.

However I just bought an A/C unit for my room THANK GOD.

And yes, let's do meetup v3 soon.

Quadratic

I haven't been outside since I got to work at 7:45am. Didn't go out for lunch today. I looked outside a window and I can see heat ripples coming off the pavement.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Days like this is why I never had hydro setup the auto shutoff for my AC. I feel sorry for the people who fell for that scam.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Mowed the lawn today. Pretty stupid idea since I have no A/C. I am COOKING right now.

cool showers >>>>>>>>

Top Bottom