• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kraftwerk! I was promised an epic battle! Get it done, bro!

Kave_man I'm sorry but you WILL wear that dress.

Not gonna happen man. I will keep the faith. Call me crazy (I am) but if we get solid goaltending for once we WILL make the playoffs and KESSSELLLLL will go beast mode.

Roto13

I slept so well under like four blankets last night. I just had to put on another shirt because it's so cool here. Mmmm.

I slept so well under like four blankets last night. I just had to put on another shirt because it's so cool here. Mmmm.

Stop making everyone so horny!

Toronto photo of the day:

6181024847_17ea8f63cb_b.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I officially declare this No Pants Week, in the interest of public health. Luckily mine are already off.

Man screw you! You wait until Thursday to declare it No Pants Week? :(

Now I sit here at work suffering in these pants like a damn sucker.

Willectro

Banned
Looked like a parking garage at a mall in the GTA, I'm not 100% sure where. CP24 was following it as breaking news. Dog was locked in an SUV. Police, fire and Animal Control finally get the dog on a leash and out of the vehicle, the dog does a barrel roll and gets off the leash, and casually walks onto an off ramp (lots of cars) near the parking garage. The Animal Control officer just casually followed the dog up the ramp. And that's when I stopped watching. SMH.

Looked like a parking garage at a mall in the GTA, I'm not 100% sure where. CP24 was following it as breaking news. Dog was locked in an SUV. Police, fire and Animal Control finally get the dog on a leash and out of the vehicle, the dog does a barrel roll and gets off the leash, and casually walks onto an off ramp (lots of cars) near the parking garage. The Animal Control officer just casually followed the dog up the ramp. And that's when I stopped watching. SMH.

Did they have a helicopter overhead covering this?

That's hilarious.

I have a co-worker from Israel who laughs at some of the stories we consider news.

Willectro

Banned

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Every summer there are a bunch of dogs trapped in car stories. I remember when from a couple years ago where a guy left his dog in the car at the airport; he was flying out for two weeks and 'forgot the dog was there'. lulz. You should have to under go a psych exam to have a pet.

Toronto's "Breaking News" indeed.

gq5Ce.jpg

I remember, not too long ago, when "Breaking News" meant a plane crash, an earthquake, or someone important doing something important.

Anyway, what a massive fuck-up that whole thing was. They get the dog out, the dog is justifiably terrified of them, and the dog runs onto highway and may or may not have been hit by a car. The owners were idiots for locking it in there, but the police are just as big idiots. They should have stuck by the car and monitored its well being, and given the owners a huge fine.

Willectro

Banned
Every summer there are a bunch of dogs trapped in car stories. I remember when from a couple years ago where a guy left his dog in the car at the airport; he was flying out for two weeks and 'forgot the dog was there'. lulz. You should have to under go a psych exam to have a pet.

To drive a car or own a gun legally, you have to jump through hoops. But anyone can own an animal or have a child.

Maybe if people see BREAKING NEWS about their stupidity it will deter other people from leaving their pet in a hot car to avoid potential embarrassment......

Breaking news has meant shit all the past few years

Maybe if people see BREAKING NEWS about their stupidity it will deter other people from leaving their pet in a hot car to avoid potential embarrassment......

Breaking news has meant shit all the past few years

It's going to get worse.

BREAKING NEWS: Man drops coffee on sidewalk.

CP24... First on the scene!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That was a really short burst of rain, but holy crap was that strong. I'd hate to have been caught off guard by that outside.

Cudder

fucking hell, this rain better stop by 9 tonight. i have to walk to union to get home from work and im in a tshirt and didnt bring shit with me :(.

Quadratic

I'm planning on going out and checking the England Euro match this weekend. Anyone recommend a place that sells a really good "proper" English breakfast. Blood sausage mandatory!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Argh it stopped up here. I hope it's going hard around Finch and Weston, I have a co-ed baseball game and I don't want to go.

I'm planning on going out and checking the England Euro match this weekend. Anyone recommend a place that sells a really good "proper" English breakfast. Blood sausage mandatory!

English breakfast? The game is at 2:45........how early do you expect to get there?

I'd avoid Little Italy :p

I don't know if they are showing the game but "The Bristol Yard" (146 Christie which is between Bloor and Dupont) at is my favourite British food restaurant in Toronto.

Here is there breakfast menu:

YYFKZ.jpg

and the dinner just because I love the place and wanna spread the word:

6VZIW.jpg

Actually they are open weird hours and days... so make sure to call them before going there.

Hieberrr

I was at the Yorkdale bus stop and decided to stand in the rain (since I like the rain) and people looked are me like I was the devil. WTF mate?

Oh and I visited the new food court for the first time today. Shanghai 360 has that general thao chicken, son! Yeeeaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk! I was promised an epic battle! Get it done, bro!

Kave_man I'm sorry but you WILL wear that dress.

When are we going to get meet-up v3 going? Looking at you kraftwerk, you are now the official go to guy for these things!

Will set it up for July. I will make the thread in a few days to give everyone a good 2 weeks + heads-up.

This time, there will be Pho.

Kave_Man will be our dessert

Black-Box

Toronto's "Breaking News" indeed.

I remember, not too long ago, when "Breaking News" meant a plane crash, an earthquake, or someone important doing something important.

Anyway, what a massive fuck-up that whole thing was. They get the dog out, the dog is justifiably terrified of them, and the dog runs onto highway and may or may not have been hit by a car. The owners were idiots for locking it in there, but the police are just as big idiots. They should have stuck by the car and monitored its well being, and given the owners a huge fine.

NEVER EVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR leave a pet or child in a vehicle, for any amount of time in the heat or cold.

bigger question is how the dog was able to escape

Quick

Banned
So they freed the dog from the car, and the dog escaped and ran off?

And I think I read higher up the page that it ran towards the highway?!

What?!

Black-Box

So they freed the dog from the car, and the dog escaped and ran off?

And I think I read higher up the page that it ran towards the highway?!

What?!

pretty much, so crazy, I wish I could see the face on there owners who came back to the car after 5PM, the cops let the dog out I think around 1pm

Quick

Banned
If we could do something in the afternoon heading into the evening, I'd be down. I can't stay downtown all through the night due to having to catch the Go Train.

Toronto-Gaf, I need help. On Monday(25th) I will be heading down to Toronto to meet with Humber College (North) to finish up my enrolment into one of their programs. I am coming in via VIA Rail from the Brampton station (which is on 31 Church Street West). Because of how tight my appointments are, I will be taking a Taxi to the college.

My problem stems from how I will get back to the Brampton station at the end of the day. My train leaves at 6:16pm and I will likely have to be there half an hour in advance to board. I would really like it if I could avoid using a taxi again (as just using it in the morning will cost me $50) and would like to see if I could get there through the Public Transit System whether that be TTC or Go Train.

As a note, this will be the first time I will be in Toronto Solo by myself, so this will be a new experience for me. Could anyone offer any recommendations, or if I should just get a Taxi again for the return.

Edit: And how reliable is Google Maps Public Transit Search Filter in Toronto? Should I trust it?

Toronto-Gaf, I need help. On Monday(25th) I will be heading down to Toronto to meet with Humber College (North) to finish up my enrolment into one of their programs. I am coming in via VIA Rail from the Brampton station (which is on 31 Church Street West). Because of how tight my appointments are, I will be taking a Taxi to the college.

My problem stems from how I will get back to the Brampton station at the end of the day. My train leaves at 6:16pm and I will likely have to be there half an hour in advance to board. I would really like it if I could avoid using a taxi again (as just using it in the morning will cost me $50) and would like to see if I could get there through the Public Transit System whether that be TTC or Go Train.

As a note, this will be the first time I will be in Toronto Solo by myself, so this will be a new experience for me. Could anyone offer any recommendations, or if I should just get a Taxi again for the return.

Edit: And how reliable is Google Maps Public Transit Search Filter in Toronto? Should I trust it?

You can catch the Go-Bus (35/35A) directly from Brampton station, travel times aren't frequent though.

To Humber
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot...d.aspx?table=34&direction=0&day=1&page=1&new=

From
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot...&direction=1&day=1&page=4&New=&station=&zone=

Top Bottom