• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Don't worry, guys, it's only a few short months until it goes back down to 15 degrees around Christmas.

Too hot. Come to me, delicious winter.

Jgpia.jpg

I have an AC but I find it takes too long to cool off my apartment. I just end up using a fan and it more than does the trick.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For a few summers we had no AC. Ended up picking up a small 5400BTU window unit. It would basically cool one small room, or at least an area in the small room. But this year, our friends who are moving to Newfoundland gave us their 14,000BTU portable unit.. hohoho..

Roto13

For a few summers we had no AC. Ended up picking up a small 5400BTU window unit. It would basically cool one small room, or at least an area in the small room. But this year, our friends who are moving to Newfoundland gave us their 14,000BTU portable unit.. hohoho..

They won't need it where they're going. :p

Entropia

No One Remembers

14000! Mmmmm

I've been thinking of picking up a ~5000 BTU Window Unit, but it'd probably only cool off my bedroom which I usually only sleep in. Being able to sleep in a cool room would be the best, last night was torture, I kept waking up covered in sweat :(. But, at the same time I wouldn't mind being able to keep my living room cool because that's where my PC and TV are setup. But the cost difference between a window unit ($99) and a Portable Unit ($399+) I just can't afford right now. :<

I must be the only person enjoying this hot weather.
I've been living in the wrong geographical climate.

I don't mind when it's warm out. But when you throw in the humidity and it's "30 but feels like 40", I get a little uncomfortable. I prefer a dry heat.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'll bitch about it but I love it. The only time I hate the heat is when I go to bed. I like to be freezing cold and warm up as I sleep.

Quick

Banned
My room is in the basement, so it's never really hot. Warm if I open my window, if anything.

Not that it helps me right now being in Florida. Been feeling like 35-40 all week now.

I like every season of the year. Summer is probably my least favorite because of the heat but I would hate to lose it. I enjoy each season for different reasons.

Toronto photo of the day (Queen Street in ze 1980s):

649McMannpic.jpg

Magnus

Where does a guy get a part time job in this city? Man. It's like everyone's cutting hours. I'd kill just to have my high school job at EB back just for some cash flow. ;(

whitehawk

Banned
14000! Mmmmm

I've been thinking of picking up a ~5000 BTU Window Unit, but it'd probably only cool off my bedroom which I usually only sleep in. Being able to sleep in a cool room would be the best, last night was torture, I kept waking up covered in sweat :(. But, at the same time I wouldn't mind being able to keep my living room cool because that's where my PC and TV are setup. But the cost difference between a window unit ($99) and a Portable Unit ($399+) I just can't afford right now. :<

I don't mind when it's warm out. But when you throw in the humidity and it's "30 but feels like 40", I get a little uncomfortable. I prefer a dry heat.
I got a 5000 BTU 'Haier' brand window air conditioner recently for $99 at futureshop. Works great for one bedroom. My room was like a freezer.

Roto13

Apparently my husband bought an air conditioner from Walmart's website this morning. I didn't ask how powerful it was, but it's for the bedroom and our bedroom isn't that big so whatever it is, I'm sure it's enough.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like every season of the year. Summer is probably my least favorite because of the heat but I would hate to lose it. I enjoy each season for different reasons.

Toronto photo of the day (Queen Street in ze 1980s):

649McMannpic.jpg
I would love to get a model train of an old Toronto streetcar for my mom's Christmas village setup.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Apparently my husband bought an air conditioner from Walmart's website this morning. I didn't ask how powerful it was, but it's for the bedroom and our bedroom isn't that big so whatever it is, I'm sure it's enough.

5000 BTU seems to be the minimum and that's about all you need for a bedroom.

I think after I get back from my trip to Calgary I'm gonna pick up a cheap $99 one.

Flash

The line ups were short I hope. I went on the weekend 2 weeks ago. It was pure madness with lines.

line ups were pretty awesome. This was the first time I've gone in about 4 years and the wait times were much shorter than I ever remembered. Things like vortex usually took hours to go on but this time around it only took 15 minutes.

p.s. LEVIATHAN IS FUCKING AWESOME!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Nah, you're not the only one loving this weather. It's great! It's weird though. I'll gladly spend all day outside in "30 feels like 40" weather and not really notice it too much as long as I stay out of the sun, but once it starts hitting 26-27 inside it starts getting to me.

After so much procrastination, I started running again yesterday and I almost died. Today I'm considering just treadmilling it, but I really prefer outdoor running.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Okay, thanks to the information in this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481334

I am finally going to ditch Rogers.
I heard Teksavvy was having growing pains regarding speeds lately, have they been taking care of that or will it be a whole other set of problems if/when I switch to them?

They won't let you sign up if there's 'no room' in your area, so you won't have problems if you do switch to them. The best way to find out if they're accepting new clients in your area is to e-mail, or call them. They're usually pretty responsive. The fellas at dslreports.com can usually give you some good advice too.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Sigh. Been without power for almost 4 hours now :( at least its a bit cooler out and my tablet has a mostly full charge.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Sigh. Been without power for almost 4 hours now :( at least its a bit cooler out and my tablet has a mostly full charge.

If it's any consolation, I got this info in my twitter feed an hour ago:

Toronto Hydro &#8207;@TorontoHydro
Outage update 2: caused by contained fire in circuit breaker; likely 3-4 hours for restoration. Additional crew deployed to help

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
If it's any consolation, I got this info in my twitter feed an hour ago:

Toronto Hydro &#8207;@TorontoHydro
Outage update 2: caused by contained fire in circuit breaker; likely 3-4 hours for restoration. Additional crew deployed to help

Cool, hopefully it comes back soon. I'm mostly worried about the $50 of meat we just bought thats sitting in the fridge.

Just be thankful it's not 2pm and 42 outside.

Yeah. No shit. Although if it had happened then we likely would be with my parents until it came back. Right now I'm just thankful for the occasion cool breeze from the window.

thabiz

went to run some errands at 1 today. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

It is brutal out. brutal. This could very well be the hottest day of the year. Sadly that voice in back of my head says "wait till august!"

Top Bottom