• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

jokkir

Anyone know what stores are opened today?

I'm debating of going to the beach but very hesitant because the commute after the fireworks are over is hell. So if I don't go, I might end up going to a cafe later maybe and just work on my website.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I'm debating of going to the beach but very hesitant because the commute after the fireworks are over is hell. So if I don't go, I might end up going to a cafe later maybe and just work on my website.
I'm pretty sure almost everything is open today. Hell, even the Beer Store is open today, they're closed tomorrow.

Happy Canada Day!

Entropia

No One Remembers

Like everything is open today, everything is closed tomorrow.

Fugu

In highschool I played anything from pop songs to jazz. I'm actually taking next year off to practice a lot so I can get into Humber. I went to UofT last semester but I hated it. I'm auditing for a spot on a band that plays 30s/40s big band music.
Humber can be fun. The campus is ass though, as is every course outside of music.

Roto13

Vancouver weather looks so much nicer than it is here :(

Vancouver is amazing during the summer. Almost perfect. Hot, but not crazy hot, and no humidity. I really wish I was in the financial position where I could just spend my summers in Vancouver.

Then come back to Toronto for the rainy season. (Like September to June)

Quadratic

Vancouver is a great town but their real estate is even more insane than Toronto's.

July 2nd is perfect for a Pacific Mall visit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Vancouver is a great town but their real estate is even more insane than Toronto's.

July 2nd is perfect for a Pacific Mall visit.

In Toronto, it's possible we'll buy a small two bedroom bungalow in the next five years. In Vancouver, it would be possible to buy a one bedroom unit in a twenty year old condo. Hence why we're never moving to Vancouver despite my love for the west coast. :p

And a friend's photo from a condo around downtown Mississauga. Loads of people for Canada Day.

TByTM.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was absolutely beautiful out today loved it.

Got to see Spain win and party it up at College and Bathurst.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Was absolutely beautiful out today loved it.

Got to see Spain win and party it up at College and Bathurst.
I was at my brother's house in Brampton today watching the game and BBQing it up. It was hilarious watching my sister-in-law's sister texting her obnoxious Italian co-worker that it took Spain penalty kicks to score 4 goals against Portugal but they did it in regulation against Italy. :lol

None of us gave our sane Italian friends a hard time.

Fugu

Yeah, I mostly wish it was closer to the city.

So wait, if you went to humber for trumpet, and now you don't play because of your Jaw, what do you do now?
I play the guitar. I'm about to graduate from York; I stayed at Humber for a little while but I decided I wanted a minor outside of fine arts (Japanese) and York was the most realistic place for me to do that.

My jaw caused the airflow to be perpetually narrow due to it not going straight from my mouth to the trumpet (I basically just have a significant underbite) meaning that my range was great but my ability to control the pitch below, say, C5 was very limited.

Incidentally, I can still play the saxophone just fine.

Willectro

Banned
Anyone a Real Estate Agent / Broker in the GTA or Ontario?

I'm thinking about starting the courses through the OREA. I'm interested in getting into Commercial Real Estate.

Maddog

This is a shot in the dark but I've seen people advertise rooms here in the past so figured I'd try.

I'm going to need to find a room to rent relatively close to downtown from September - end of December while I do a co-op placement for school. Does anyone here have any suggestions on where to look / know of anyone who might be looking to rent a room during this time frame? Thanks.

I look forward to hopefully being able to attend one of these legendary Gaf meetups.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mapitat is a cool site to use when looking for housing in Toronto.

I prefer to go straight to the source (craigslist, kijiji, viewit and property management sites), because places like Housing Maps and Mapitat don't update enough for my taste, sometimes don't have filters I need, and you miss out on quite a few listings.

pxfqM.png

This is why I always have a headache, forcing landlords and property management agencies hear about the illegality of 'no pet' clauses in leases and tenant's rights. Same goes for so many listings of 'no children' in apartment buildings, not even basement apartments, or some 'private' dwelling. Speaking of basement apartments, lulz at what people get away with renting in the city. Never rent a basement apartment, it's really the wild west when it comes to meeting the legal standards.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah basement apartments are tremendously dire situations. Bugs, noise, and one of my friends is currently in one with a ceiling height of just over 6 feet. Luckily she's 5'5, but still!

Roto13

Welp. Back in Toronto tomorrow.

Will be good to see my cats and husband. Will be less good to not be able to breathe ever again.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rob Ford admits to driving past the back doors of the streetcar but 'stopped for the front doors'. lulz. So many people speed past the back doors before they open, but are forced to stop at the front doors because they open quickly and they can't get past in time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/07/03/toronto-rob-ford-streetcar.html said:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he didn't commit a downtown driving faux-pas last week, after a TTC streetcar operator admonished him for allegedly cruising past the tram's open doors.

The Globe and Mail reports that during an impromptu briefing with reporters on Tuesday, Ford conceded that although he did drive past the streetcar's rear doors, he stopped his car behind the open front doors.

Ford said the rear doors were closed the entire time.

According to the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, drivers, cyclists and people on horseback are not permitted to overtake a stationary streetcar "or approach nearer than 2 metres measured back from the rear or front entrance or exit" until passengers exiting or entering the streetcar have either safely boarded or made it to the side of the street.

The rule applies when the streetcar is taking on or discharging passengers.

Under the act, offenders can be fined up to $109.

On Tuesday, Ford denied assertions by Bob Kinnear, head of the union representing TTC workers, that he passed open doors in last Wednesday's incident.

'The driver came out and accosted me'
"I didn't drive by the streetcar doors," Ford said, according to The Globe and Mail.

"I went past the back door, the front doors were open … the driver came out and accosted me."

Ford said the streetcar driver came out of the vehicle and approached his car at Dundas Street near McCaul Street. In his statement during the scrum, he referred to the streetcar as a "bus."

"I don’t know exactly what was said. He [the streetcar driver] says, ‘Get behind the bus.’ I don’t have to get behind the bus, the back door’s closed," The Globe and Mail quoted Ford as saying.

According to the newspaper, a TTC spokesman said the streetcar driver who confronted the mayor was reminded that he is not supposed to leave his seat to speak with drivers, but was not disciplined.

Quick

Banned
Anyone a Real Estate Agent / Broker in the GTA or Ontario?

I'm thinking about starting the courses through the OREA. I'm interested in getting into Commercial Real Estate.

I worked with a lot of them. Not that that helps you.

They are some of the most dreadful people I've worked with, with a few nice ones.

Yeah basement apartments are tremendously dire situations. Bugs, noise, and one of my friends is currently in one with a ceiling height of just over 6 feet. Luckily she's 5'5, but still!

I lived in a basement apartment under the owner's house for 6 months. I'm a pretty short guy (5'6"-5'7") and the ceiling was a about 6'3"-6'5". I measured it about that height since my roommate was a little over 6'0 and his head barely cleared the ceiling.

Welp. Back in Toronto tomorrow.

Will be good to see my cats and husband. Will be less good to not be able to breathe ever again.

I'm still on my vacation, and I kind of miss the hustle and bustle of the city.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's adequately hot out there guys.

I now wonder why I agreed to help out a teammate with his baseball game tonight...eff!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't imagine having to play Soccer tonight :\

I had a Slo Pitch game tonight, it wasn't so terrible out with the breeze we had, but it was way humid.

Which league you play for? I suddenly had this hilarious thought of "oh man what if we played against each other!"

I'm in HPSA in Thornhill.

Top Bottom