• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

The sun came out in London, UK yesterday, it was like 20 degrees..........and I got a bit of a sunburn.......

So glad I'm not in Canada right now

Rinoa

Note to self: NEVER go out in this kind of weather/temperature again. It was seriously like an oven outside.

I learnt that the hard way, got heatstroke/exhaustion on Wed evening then Thursday evening. Today I'm just avoiding sun and any activity completely because each time it happens the nausea and lack of breathing feels like I was going to die or something.

Roto13

Our second air conditioner was supposed to arrive next week but it got here today. I'm not complaining. Got it installed. Looking forward to being able to sleep tonight.

Quick

Banned
And I'm back in Toronto!

Landed a couple of hours ago to a cool 27 degrees. I'll take it after a week of 35+ with humidity.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Next time, instead of going to a Costco on a saturday morning, I should just shoot myself.

cbox

Ya, that's a pretty bad idea.

There's a Costco around here with a discount gas station, and the lineups can be phenomenal.

I made the capital decision to try and fill up at costco at 5pm on a friday in Vaughan. Pin the idiot of the year ribbon upon my shoulder...

cashman

Banned
What an amazing city you guys have! Spent the last two days here, and spent today in Chinatown and the Gerard st bazaar. I feel like this place is more diverse than even New York, I love it.

btw, is yonge st pronouned like "young" or "yonj"?

Quick

Banned
What an amazing city you guys have! Spent the last two days here, and spent today in Chinatown and the Gerard st bazaar. I feel like this place is more diverse than even New York, I love it.

"Young", and I'm glad you like our city!

I was at Spadina earlier today grabbing lunch, actually.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

If you get some time try some of the neighborhoods outside of downtown. Beaches on the east end (via 501 streetcar) is an amazing neighborhood to walk along, Annex a bit north of you is full of awesome stores and food, Bloor West has High Park and is close to the great Roncesvalles strip.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you get some time try some of the neighborhoods outside of downtown. Beaches on the east end (via 501 streetcar) is an amazing neighborhood to walk along, Annex a bit north of you is full of awesome stores and food, Bloor West has High Park and is close to the great Roncesvalles strip.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!
Dude had trouble pronouncing Yonge and you throw Roncesvalles at him? :p

As someone that spends almost half my time in New York, I know for a fact that Toronto is more diverse. I'm glad you like our city! Where are you from?

Toronto photo of the day:

7468902682_db880c4406_b.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I went to Montreal for the weekend for a bachelor party. Going out to another city just really reminds you how different each place is.

Quick

Banned
Dude had trouble pronouncing Yonge and you throw Roncesvalles at him? :p

I've heard the weirdest pronunciations of "Yonge" through the years. "Yon-gah", "Yong-gey" "Yung-eh"...

Best way to learn how to pronounce street names is a nice streetcar ride. :p

I remember the days where we didn't even have the announcements. It was mostly never an issue for me, but it's still pretty convenient.

Rinoa

I've heard the weirdest pronunciations of "Yonge" through the years. "Yon-gah", "Yong-gey" "Yung-eh"...

I remember the days where we didn't even have the announcements. It was mostly never an issue for me, but it's still pretty convenient.

I also don't know how to say Ronces right.

Once a lady asked me for directions to "onion" and I couldn't figure out what stop she meant until I guessed "Union".

Last few weeks Spadina with buses = hardmode

Next 2 weeks Spadina/Queen shut down = nightmare mode

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
When I lived in Mississauga, it took me quite a while to figure out how to pronounce "Burnhamthorpe"

Fuzzy

I shouldn't talk that much because I call it Dundus all the time but I blame my immigrant parents for that. :p

ElNino

Having people ask for directions to Queen's Quay is interesting as well, although it's obvious what they are looking for.

Fuzzy

Having people ask for directions to Queen's Quay is interesting as well, although it's obvious what they are looking for.
My father calls it that all the time no matter how many times I correct him.

Princess Blvd (Princes' Blvd) makes me smile every time.

Quadratic

Sounds like you guys had a really humid weekend. I was in Vegas for EVO and it was 44+ however it was dry (except the weird hour of rain on the 4th). Came back without a tan because of SPF 100. Seriously, I think I was the only person on the plane without a dark tan.

Fuzzy

Sounds like you guys had a really humid weekend. I was in Vegas for EVO and it was 44+ however it was dry (except the weird hour of rain on the 4th). Came back without a tan because of SPF 100. Seriously, I think I was the only person on the plane without a dark tan.
Everyone probably just thought you have a gambling problem. :p

Well, all that time I lived 5 minutes (by bike) away from them and didn't even know.

I know that I live pretty close to Ubisoft Toronto. I remember I went to a concert a while back and I guess a lot of people from that office were at it because they were running around drunk yelling "UBISOFT CREW IS IN THE HOUSE!"

very strange but funny

Why? Are they re-laying the tracks?

From The Star:

Crews are installing new tracks throughout the intersection and installing passenger islands on the Spadina streetcar right-of-way. The work is necessary to prepare for a new fleet of low-floor, fully accessible streetcars set to be in service by early 2014.

The work is also necessary because of wear and tear on existing tracks. The new tracks are expected to last 20 to 25 years, TTC spokesman Brad Ross said.

Top Bottom