• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Maybe some fellow TO Gaffers can answer this...

Who is and why is this group/person putting up images of the Smokes's Poutinerie guy around the goddamn city?

http://smokespoutinerie.com/Default.aspx <- the dude with the glasses.

there's also this weird...fix thingy? around the city as well. I recall I was around UofT and I saw this relatively young Asian guy just nonchalantly wet the image and put it on the back of a non parking sign...

the fuck!?
A buddy of mine who I used to work with had hundreds of those stickers in his car. I don't know if him and his friends started it (wouldn't surprise me because they do a lot of stupid shit like that) or if they're just part of the problem.

An example of some of the stupid shit they would do is get corporate sponsors to sponsor their company golf tournament every year. Thing is, their company is completely made up and doesn't exist. :lol

An example of some of the stupid shit they would do is get corporate sponsors to sponsor their company golf tournament every year. Thing is, their company is completely made up and doesn't exist. :lol

You'll have to forgive me at this hour, but that sounds like fraud.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A buddy of mine who I used to work with had hundreds of those stickers in his car. I don't know if him and his friends started it (wouldn't surprise me because they do a lot of stupid shit like that) or if they're just part of the problem.

Even Thailand can't escape the wrath of those stupid stickers.

https://twitter.com/poutinerie/status/102004845136969729

5njk9.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So you guys do know about it, eh? No answers though....hmm....

Just marketing. They have buckets of stickers at the counters that you can take and plaster all over the city.

Yeah, I've seen the face around the city. Viral marketing?

And is it just me, or are there more panhandlers popping up downtown, specifically with dogs? This may sound odd, but I've always been more worried about the dog's well being than the actual human beings.

There was a woman outside the Eaton Centre (Queen Street entrance) on Sunday just sitting beside a hotdog vendor with a bunch of dogs. She was dressed in black, and a guy came to her dressed similarly and acknowledged her and walked away. Still along Queen on the Osgoode Hall sidewalk, I usually see a guy, more disheveled with dogs. On Sunday, it was another girl dressed like the one outside Eaton Centre, and her sign said something along the lines of, "not going to lie, I need money for weed." STILL along Queen between John and Peter, more panhandlers with dogs.

Whenever I see them, I feel like calling animal services since, again, I'm more worried about the dogs than the humans. :(

I see the street 'kids' with dogs around Bathurst and Spadina most times, and they board the streetcars quite a bit. Most of the dogs seemed like they're treated okay.. for being owned by a 'homeless person', but there have been a few times passing by on the streetcar that I'll see the street kids smacking the dogs around. Sad stuff. They probably think they dogs bring more sympathy, and that's probably not far from the truth.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just marketing. They have buckets of stickers at the counters that you can take and plaster all over the city.
Too much time...some people...

Edit: holy ffuck. Best tasting sushi I've ever had just now at Taro's Fish near bayview village. 800 Sheppard Ave East.

Not a great sit down place as it is mainly a fish market. But HOLY FUCK! Near Bessarion subway stn. I promise you guys will not be disappointed. Big pieces of fish relative to the rice. Taste just explodes in your mouth! Tender and melt in your mouth pieces of heaven. My God I want to turn around and go back already!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone else going to the Zelda Symphony in September? We got our tickets in last week. Going with my wife and friend, but I'd be happy to see any GAFers that are attending.

Edit: holy ffuck. Best tasting sushi I've ever had just now at Taro's Fish near bayview village. 800 Sheppard Ave East.

Not a great sit down place as it is mainly a fish market. But HOLY FUCK! Near Bessarion subway stn. I promise you guys will not be disappointed. Big pieces of fish relative to the rice. Taste just explodes in your mouth! Tender and melt in your mouth pieces of heaven. My God I want to turn around and go back already!

Damn it, Kuro! Find some decent sushi south of St Clair for once!

The Iron Maiden concert last night was so awesome! I know that means nothing to the people reading this thread though.. haha

Toronto photo of the day:

7534732840_c6b3a32b45_b.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'd like to apologize to the guys at the tsilon meetup for not posting what I promised to post after added_time posts his "Toronto photo of the day" in this thread. It's just that bad and I wish I never saw it. All will be revealed the first day it's not a train-wreck. :p

Quadratic

SOLD! I'm going to put that next on my hit list. It's hard to find great sushi in Toronto.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I live close to there, gonna check that out asap!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys can honestly find one that's better than that place (maybe kaji sushi...? but it's not in TO), I am going to be very fucking impressed.

edit: just drive up there, EM...or just go to Bessarion subway station, it's RIGHT around the corner. Make it a trip some time if you are going to Bayview Village.

edit2: ARGH...still thinking about it now...man...

whitehawk

Banned
I'd like to apologize to the guys at the tsilon meetup for not posting what I promised to post after added_time posts his "Toronto photo of the day" in this thread. It's just that bad and I wish I never saw it. All will be revealed the first day it's not a train-wreck. :p
What?

Say it again in English!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

This stuff is why I ran away from you... :D

or...

Wat?! 0_o

Brinbe

Shit, how are y'all enjoying this long-needed rain, Toronto? I was about to step out to catch a flick, but I quickly decided against that after seeing the ferocity of this storm.

Well, I've put off posting here for far too long, so hello, Toronto GAF!

Are any other Torontonians going to see The Dark Knight Rises midnight premier this Friday? I'd love to see some of you there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Are any other Torontonians going to see The Dark Knight Rises midnight premier this Friday? I'd love to see some of you there.

Do you ever go to the Pokemon tournaments at A&C Games, Scrafty?

And nope, not going to the premier. Might see it at what has become our regular movie destination in Rainbow Cinemas. $15 for my wife and I to see a movie. It's like 1998.

Do you ever go to the Pokemon tournaments at A&C Games, Scrafty?

And nope, not going to the premier. Might see it at what has become our regular movie destination in Rainbow Cinemas. $15 for my wife and I to see a movie. It's like 1998.

No; I've actually never been there before. I may just pay it a visit once I get back into the tournament scene with BW2. I haven't been to a tournament since the one I won in Vaughn back in March.

whitehawk

Banned

I work at a movie theatre, so I'll probably be working friday. Going to be a clusterfuck.

Shit, how are y'all enjoying this long-needed rain, Toronto? I was about to step out to catch a flick, but I quickly decided against that after seeing the ferocity of this storm.

I had an (empty, available) cab drive away from me after seeing me hail him, in the pouring, pouring rain.

I was going to get the mail and then it starts pouring on me like crazy. I ran back home and once I got in it was all bright and sunny and the rain stopped :/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Played baseball in it, died down for the second game and then as I drove home it came down even harder.

I am sopping wet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We wisely went out yesterday and stayed inside today. The thunder was freaking the dog out though and he was jumping in my lap shaking. No, he is not a small dog, just a big coward. :p

I'd like to apologize to the guys at the tsilon meetup for not posting what I promised to post after added_time posts his "Toronto photo of the day" in this thread. It's just that bad and I wish I never saw it.

Is it Rob Ford wearing a thong?

Here is your chance to post it--
Toronto photo of the day:

7559590618_a8036739b8_b.jpg

Rinoa

We wisely went out yesterday and stayed inside today. The thunder was freaking the dog out though and he was jumping in my lap shaking. No, he is not a small dog, just a big coward. :p

My harp teacher has these two beastly great pyranese dogs. They're protectors and gentle badasses in general but if it's raining or thunderstorms, they turn into panting drooling puddles of goo.

526171_10151010943842652_1190424045_n.jpg

32058_443159472651_6689466_n.jpg

188721_10150189309692652_2299955_n.jpg

they always sit/block entrances when in protection mode

I see the street 'kids' with dogs around Bathurst and Spadina most times, and they board the streetcars quite a bit. Most of the dogs seemed like they're treated okay.. for being owned by a 'homeless person', but there have been a few times passing by on the streetcar that I'll see the street kids smacking the dogs around. Sad stuff. They probably think they dogs bring more sympathy, and that's probably not far from the truth.

It disgusts me, there are a ton around queen and one even used a kitten, which was chained to his dog by a tiny string. I'm never giving money to them.

Willectro

Banned
Does anyone know where to pick up a really crappy (but functional) bike? I see people riding around on rusty 10-speeds all the time. I have a couple high end mountain bikes, but I can't let them get out of my sight unfortunately.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anyone know where to pick up a really crappy (but functional) bike? I see people riding around on rusty 10-speeds all the time. I have a couple high end mountain bikes, but I can't let them get out of my sight unfortunately.

Creepy person around Runnymede and Bloor had maybe 200 bikes pilled in his backyard under mostly tarps and some in his garage. We saw him post on craigslist when my wife was looking for a bike. Preeeeetty sure he was just going around and 'finding' bikes off the street though. But yeah, I don't know where to get a cheap bicycle that isn't 90% probability of being stolen. Canadian Tire?

Creepy person around Runnymede and Bloor had maybe 200 bikes pilled in his backyard under mostly tarps and some in his garage. We saw him post on craigslist when my wife was looking for a bike. Preeeeetty sure he was just going around and 'finding' bikes off the street though. But yeah, I don't know where to get a cheap bicycle that isn't 90% probability of being stolen. Canadian Tire?

I live around Runnymede and Bloor and I've never seen this guy. I was looking for a cheap bike for the longest time too. Oh well, my girlfriend's brother is giving me one of his now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I live around Runnymede and Bloor and I've never seen this guy. I was looking for a cheap bike for the longest time too. Oh well, my girlfriend's brother is giving me one of his now.

He lived just south of Bloor. Pretty easy to spot the tarps if you were walking along Windermere, but you figured it could have just been covering patio furniture. Never thought about it until we went there to look at bikes and he had so god damn many.

whitehawk

Banned
Yeah, those are all stolen.

Gin

Anyone know the best coffee shop in Toronto that's cheap, has good atmosphere and has good coffee? I checked the OP and wonder wondering if Ideal Coffee is the best.

Also wondering this as well..

Anyone else going to the Zelda Symphony in September? We got our tickets in last week. Going with my wife and friend, but I'd be happy to see any GAFers that are attending.

I am going ... none of my friends want to go to this.. also did not think many GAFfers are interested in this concert..
would love to be wrong here

Divvy

I'll be there with my girlfriend.

Pretty hyped for it!

Holy shit what the hell is going on with guns in this city.

Yup, just heard about the major shooting in Scarborough, fuck my bro and nephews sorta live near there. They're ok though.

EDIT:

On a lighter note, yeah I'm not going but I'm thinking about hanging around the area during the concert to get Streetpasses, lol

Mayyhem

I live in Scarborough. There were literally cops EVERYWHERE tonight. Like almost every major intersection. Seems like a historic event.

I'm honestly ashamed to live here, gives Toronto bad rep. Such terrible news.

Btw, no threads made about this?

Divvy

What happened? All the news reports have been saying is that one person is dead and seven injured.

EDIT: Oh shit 2 dead, 19 injured!? :(

I am not looking forward to a redux of the "year of the gun"

Holy shit what the hell is going on with guns in this city.

What's going on? Retards in gangs don't give a shit about where they fire their gun anymore. If there's someone they want to shoot, and there's hundreds of people around, they're not going to wait for a better time. They're just going to let the bullets fly.

I live in Scarborough.
I'm honestly ashamed to live here, gives Toronto bad rep.

You should never be ashamed of where you happen to live.
By the way, the most consistently violent intersection of Toronto is located in North York which people like to conveniently ignore when they blame everything on Scarborough.

One really sad statistic though is that most of people killed in Toronto are black. The murder rate for them is four times higher than of any other race (as of 2005.. I think it's actually even higher now). It's sad to think that you are four times more likely to be murdered just based on your race.

After all this sad news... here is the Toronto photo of the day to try to cheer things up:

7539954826_e1ee17ef58_b.jpg

Azih

You should never be ashamed of where you happen to live.
By the way, the most consistently violent intersection of Toronto is located in North York which people like to conveniently ignore when they blame everything on Scarborough.

One really sad statistic though is that most of people killed in Toronto are black. The murder rate for them is four times higher than of any other race (as of 2005.. I think it's actually even higher now). It's sad to think that you are four times more likely to be murdered just based on your race.

After all this sad news... here is the Toronto photo of the day to try to cheer things up:

7539954826_e1ee17ef58_b.jpg

Purdy. What's the greenspace building at the bottom of the pic.

What part of the city has the craziest construction? Corner of Yonge and Sheppard has like 7 buildings going up (no joke). Just north of Steeles in Thronhill is even more insane with this World on Yonge thing.
http://www.theredpin.com/thornhill-condos/world-on-yonge?gclid=CMyFtMPyoLECFYcBQAodI2cWYg

zorbsie

Really depressing news about the shootings. A toddler was injured too? wow. I'm hoping it was the poor kid getting knocked over in the commotion and not actually being shot. Still this is just horrible news. Is there any word on why this happened?

People forget about the other piece of that equation. It seems like 90% of the gun violence in this city is black on black. Mostly Caribbean.

How do you solve something like that?

Top Bottom