• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

You can get all sorts of low-quality sword-things at crappy malls and flea markets. I think you can buy legit machetes at outdoors stores, they're useful for camping.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Where do people even get machetes? I wouldn't even have the faintest idea. Seems like it'd be easier to get a gun than a machete.

That's a good question. I know my dad has one under his drawer. Not sure where he got it but it's been around since I was a kid.

whitehawk

Banned
LMAO

Scarborough shooting: Mayor Rob Ford says gang members should leave the city

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cit...-ford-says-gang-members-should-leave-the-city
I fucking hate this guy.

Ford also said he will meet with Premier Dalton McGuinty on Monday to ask for more money for policing, not for social programs.
WAY TO AVOID THE ISSUE DINGLEBERRY!
No. I want ’em out of the city. Go somewhere else. I don’t want ’em living in the city anymore,” Ford said.
Yeah great strategy. Instead of fixing the issue at it's roots, lets give a different city our problems.
Ford repeated his mantra that “the best social program is a job.”
Yeah that's great advice to give in this economy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Your wisdom is never ending. :p
I could've posted a 2 page spread with stats, personal anecdotes, stories from others I've heard, comparisons, costs analysis, history of bungled projects, tales of a bitter striking union, examples of flubbed expansions, etc. But it all boils down to 'fuck the TTC'.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Holy shit!

How retarded do you have to be to think this will work?

Mammoliti re-issues his curfew idea

ORONTO - Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti is re-awakening his call for a city-wide curfew for kids.

This time, Mammoliti argues an 11 p.m. curfew should apply to any kids 14-years-old or younger.

Mammoliti made the call Wednesday in the aftermath of the Danzig shooting that killed two, including 14-year-old Shyanne Charles.

The tough-talking councillor said Monday’s bloodshed is a case of “I told you so” when it comes to the late-night curfew policy he’s advocated for in the past.

“We’re starting to see I think the repercussions of not doing it,” Mammoliti said Wednesday. “I think this 14-year-old is a prime example of why we need a curfew in this city. What are they doing out at that time of night?”

Council overwhelmingly rejected Mammoliti’s idea of investigating a 10:30 p.m. curfew for kids under 16 by a vote of 30-10 in 2005.

“It’s time for us to be a bit radical in some of the things that we’re doing,” Mammoliti said Wednesday. “No matter how radical our changes can be at City Hall, it’s no more radical than any of the gang bangers that are out there and what they are doing to society.”

Mammoliti said he’ll wait to see councillors’ receptiveness to a curfew before pushing ahead with it.

“This summer is going to be a bad summer, in my opinion, and I’m going to gauge to see how far councillors want to go to deal with these ongoing social problems,” he said. “A curfew has always been a part of any solution.”

Mammoliti argued labelling parents as “irresponsible parents” if their kids are caught out past curfew would help.

“That’s the peer pressure that I think parents might need to be able to take care of their kids properly,” he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/18/mammoliti-re-issues-his-curfew-idea

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Council overwhelmingly rejected Mammoliti’s idea of investigating a 10:30 p.m. curfew for kids under 16 by a vote of 30-10 in 2005.

Mammoliti tried passing a curfew a few years ago too and was shot down by council, as mentioned in the article.

More money for police? That really makes good financial sense considering the low crime rate in the city. Ford really knows how to respect the taxpayers.
Hey, but at least at means there will be many more cops that can show up after the shootings have already happened! (unless Ford thinks they will magically show up just before every shooting?!)

Toronto photo of the day is city hall (which also happens to be Raccoon City Hall in the second Resident Evil movie):

7540376334_3623ed21d0_b.jpg

*disclaimer: I don't like the Resident Evil movies.... or even the games for that matter

Divvy

Mammoliti tried passing a curfew a few years ago too and was shot down by council, as mentioned in the article.

Yeah, and it'll get crushed again if he tried. But it's a crazy stupid idea in the first place so I guess I'm not surprised that it's coming from Mammoliti.

whitehawk

Banned
The idea of a curfew for any age seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Let the parents decide what the curfew should be, not the city.

never eating a streetmeat again. i've seen how many of them 'clean' their carts

I'll eat hot dogs... I don't care. I went to that Chinese Dumpling House restaurant the very day it re-opened after being closed for rat infestation just because I knew it would be empty and they would give me a good deal that day.
Tasted great to me!

Ford needs to go back to grade 10

I think it would look something LIKE THIS

Pretty worried about the gun shootings, I'm from Brampton but even we had a shooting around 2 weeks ago near the Bramalea City Center.

I was reading some American reactions and they are pretty adamant on citizen gun ownership alleviating the issue.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yup. Because a dozen more people pulling out guns would have solved it.
My uncle's thoughts on everyone having a gun, "If I know that everyone has a gun then I'm less likely to get into arguments with other people because I wouldn't want to be shot." :lol

Divvy

My uncle's thoughts on everyone having a gun, "If I know that everyone has a gun then I'm less likely to get into arguments with other people because I wouldn't want to be shot." :lol

Oh man, imagine the day when they invent a gun that can shoot through the internet.

Your uncle is someone who knows restraint.

These are egotistical young thugs with a short temper, seething grudges, and drugs and/or alcohol in their system.

Can someone remind me how the hell Ford was elected? He keeps finding new levels of stupidity to leave me in complete utter disbelief. We're supposed to be a world class city and we have this IDIOT trying to run it? Ugh...I need a drink =/

Fuzzy

Anyone else watching Toronto Under Fire on CityTV right now? Adam Vaughan was great, especially when he called out Ford on his recent voting record and saying he was the worst person to send to Queen's Park to talk about funding for these projects.

Anyone else watching Toronto Under Fire on CityTV right now? Adam Vaughan was great, especially when he called out Ford on his recent voting record and saying he was the worst person to send to Queen's Park to talk about funding for these projects.

His voting record notwithstanding, and despite what I may think of the guy, Ford is still the mayor, and he's the only one who should be going to the Premier or the Prime Minister and asking for money for the City.

jokkir

Anyone like this picture I took with my phone (Nexus S, 5MP camera) yesterday?

LSYK7.jpg

This is in Scarborough above the RT line lol

Fuzzy

His voting record notwithstanding, and despite what I may think of the guy, Ford is still the mayor, and he's the only one who should be going to the Premier or the Prime Minister and asking for money for the City.
In theory yes but when he doesn't support any of what he's supposed to be getting money for it doesn't make sense. Another member of the Executive Committee should be taking his place in doing so.

EDIT: To be clear, you send the person with the best chance at getting what you want. Rob Ford is not that person in this case.

In theory yes but when he doesn't support any of what he's supposed to be getting money for it doesn't make sense. Another member of the Executive Committee should be taking his place in doing so.

EDIT: To be clear, you send the person with the best chance at getting what you want. Rob Ford is not that person in this case.

Short of grievous bodily harm, the Premier of Ontario and the Prime Minister of Canada should never take a meeting with anyone less than the Mayor of a city when that Mayor is asking for money. Period.

Anything else is a coup to the Mayor and an insult to the provincial and/or federal leader.

Top Bottom