• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Pacif.....oh shit...what kind of phone though? Might be easier to Amazon it

Galaxy S3 for my gf. We want to go look for a nice case since she's picky and it's easier to do in person.

We'll probably just go to pmall, but I was just wondering if there were other options.

Quick

Banned
Galaxy S3 for my gf. We want to go look for a nice case since she's picky and it's easier to do in person.

We'll probably just go to pmall, but I was just wondering if there were other options.

The only places I could honestly think of are those kiosks in the mall that sell phone cases. Otherwise, Pacific Mall.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

thought Bell stores would have them? too bad you didn't let me know sooner. Wife is in Korea til Wednesday, not sure she has time to go looking for a case now though...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A boat exploded in Oakville today. Yikes.

jBsBFildsWjQG.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Our Mayor's superior negotiating tactics..

On AM640 radio Monday morning with guest host Lorne Honickman, Ford said he doesn’t want to hear any “b.s.” or other talk of drafting new reports when he meets with the premier and Police Chief Bill Blair at Queen’s Park at 2 p.m.

“I’m taking a very simplistic approach — money talks and b.s. walks and I’m not going to sit there and listen to some b.s. and some reports, and yada yada,” Ford said.

“I’m going to go in there, I’m going to ask for 5 to 10 million dollars and I want to be able to give that to Chief Blair and tell chief ‘Go hire police officers and let’s get this city cleaned up and let’s started getting these gangs and guns off the street and let’s stop all the rhetoric and small talk.’”

More..

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ford knows the truth:

“Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.”

not to mention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08

Quote from Ford after the recent string of shootings.

“Let’s just continue living our lives like we do every day — go out and have fun and take it from there,” he said. “It’s been a terrible couple of days but this is definitely, like I said before, the safest city in the world.”

Just continue on people, don't let it bother you. We're the safest city in the world!

Didn't Ford's budget cutbacks last year remove some officers from the streets?

Not sure about the numbers, but you would imagine it would have an impact on numbers. This was back when we wanted to cut every program, and then we found a magical surplus. lulz

Ford himself persuaded council to freeze Toronto police hiring for two years as part of his 2012 austerity budget. While agreeing to let the overall 2012 police budget rise by 0.6 per cent, Ford tasked Blair with providing options for a full 10-per-cent cut over two years.

All the news about shootings and what not in Toronto, make me want to stay far away from Toronto, forever. I get terrified enough in Newmarket.
(night walks)

Quadratic

So gaf, what are some fun things to do on a Monday night in the city?

Depends on what you're into but checking out Now Magazine or Eye for events is a good start. Personally I like going to the movies on Monday because it's a slower night on average. Also with this crazy heat today some ultra cold A/C in the theatre would be nice.

I was in Shoppers Drug Mart today and the cashier said to me "Do you have an Optimum Card?" to which I replied "Yep, right here" and then she followed that with "Why? Are you gay or something?"

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was in Shoppers Drug Mart today and the cashier said to me "Do you have an Optimum Card?" to which I replied "Yep, right here" and then she followed that with "Why? Are you gay or something?"

Straight guys are too stupid to collect points.
wat

The SDM (125 Queensway) is terrible. Only one cashier at all times, even with lines of 15 people. Incredibly slow cashiers usually chatting up another cashier that doesn't have their lane open for some reason. No one gives a shit and customers are as grumpy as the cashiers.

You know it has to be bad, because I shop at No Frills (for nonperishables!) and don't complain about that. :p

Wow. I'd call the manager.

(Or, you could have responded with "Wanna find out?")

Fugu

I'm in Mississauga visiting my parents. The lighting struck a tree near their house, and it has since caught fire. It's not a large fire, though -- in fact, it's entirely contained to that tree -- but there's some gas involved or something so the firefighters aren't able to put it out. So there's about a dozen firefighters, a few cops and thirty or so bystanders staring at this flaming tree waiting for something to happen.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You want me to burn the place down for you?

jbtjRcfFjbMpv1.png

I'm in Mississauga visiting my parents. The lighting struck a tree near their house, and it has since caught fire. It's not a large fire, though -- in fact, it's entirely contained to that tree -- but there's some gas involved or something so the firefighters aren't able to put it out. So there's about a dozen firefighters, a few cops and thirty or so bystanders staring at this flaming tree waiting for something to happen.

A bunch of fire trucks started up a few minutes after the thunder and lightning started on the west end of Toronto too. Not sure the cause though.

Quick

Banned

But, added_time, did you answer the question. ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING?!

I kid. But that is fucking random to say. Was the cashier joking, at least?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Quest for the better burger continues...

Went to W Burger Bar near Yonge and College the other day

Meat to bun ratio was off
Burger itself was dry (a LOT of places can't make em juicy for whatever reason)
Poutine was...junk. Cheese curds lacked flavour and the fries were a soggy mess,

On the plus side, the service was decent and I had a lot of refills without asking.
Was tempted to try the Kobe beef burger...not sure it would've been worth 20 dollars though.

But, added_time, did you answer the question. ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING?!

I kid. But that is fucking random to say. Was the cashier joking, at least?

I'm married to a woman so I'm not gay but I was in Shoppers Drug Mart with my best friend (who is male) when it happened so we played it up and said "Oh yeah! We are gonna have tons of sex later".

Then she was like "What?!?! eeewwwwwww.. noooooo!"

So I guess she was trying to joke around but is actually really homophobic too? haha What a weirdo.

Toronto photo of the day (has some weird effects on it.. but still looks great):

7606935766_6603104636_b.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Quest for the better burger continues...

Went to W Burger Bar near Yonge and College the other day

Meat to bun ratio was off
Burger itself was dry (a LOT of places can't make em juicy for whatever reason)
Poutine was...junk. Cheese curds lacked flavour and the fries were a soggy mess,

On the plus side, the service was decent and I had a lot of refills without asking.
Was tempted to try the Kobe beef burger...not sure it would've been worth 20 dollars though.

I've given up finding a decent burger downtown. Only burger I half way enjoy is the Burger Shoppe east of the DVP, and I rarely make it over there.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm married to a woman so I'm not gay but I was in Shoppers Drug Mart with my best friend (who is male) when it happened so we played it up and said "Oh yeah! We are gonna have tons of sex later".

Then she was like "What?!?! eeewwwwwww.. noooooo!"

So I guess she was trying to joke around but is actually really homophobic too? haha What a weirdo.

Toronto photo of the day (has some weird effects on it.. but still looks great):

7606935766_6603104636_b.jpg

I love the opera building. It is fantastically designed both inside and outside.

Top Bottom