• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Quick

Banned
Parental unit house switching to Teksavvy cable (300 package) from Bell DSL, anyone done this before? There's gonna be an installation soon..

Me.

I bought the modem "starter kit" at Canada Computers and hooked it up myself. No installation fee and I got a free month. Not sure if it's still at Canada Computers.

Hey does anyone know where near scarborough I can get the settlers of catan base expansion pack? The mind games at scarborough town centre shut down.

ZZMitch

Hey guys, do any of you you have experience buying Raptors tickets?

It is my birthday today and my parents gave me $200 towards tickets this year. I was thinking of buying 4 tickets (2 tickets for 2 games) at around 50 bucks a piece. Should I be looking at places like stubhub and is now a good time to buy? I am kind of a rookie when it comes to buying tickets.

Thanks!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So some asshole stole my mom's wallet today at Square One and somehow managed to get her pin numbers for her credit cards. What a fucking hassle, seriously. Fuck that guy. Right after her birthday too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So some asshole stole my mom's wallet today at Square One and somehow managed to get her pin numbers for her credit cards. What a fucking hassle, seriously. Fuck that guy. Right after her birthday too.

????? He must've been really lucky or there was something in her wallet to give the PIN away (birthday?)

That really sucks...only thing I can say and I'm sure you've already done is to tell the banks ASAP! It's doubly dangerous if they have the pin since it's harder to prove what they withdrew and what your mom withdrew.

Hope they catch the fucker!

Bit of sad news. There was a coworker that I worked with, Marc Hogi, and this dude was a gigantic black man teaching English in Korea. He initially freaked out his students since he was so big. However, he won them over with his friendliness and charm. He was definitely one of the nicest guys I've ever worked with. I remember I was the first teacher he was observing when he first came to the school. He just recently passed away...I'm not sure exactly what happened, but he was one of the last people I expected to pass away so suddenly.

Divvy

????? He must've been really lucky or there was something in her wallet to give the PIN away (birthday?)

That really sucks...only thing I can say and I'm sure you've already done is to tell the banks ASAP! It's doubly dangerous if they have the pin since it's harder to prove what they withdrew and what your mom withdrew.

Hope they catch the fucker!

Bit of sad news. There was a coworker that I worked with, Marc Hogi, and this dude was a gigantic black man teaching English in Korea. He initially freaked out his students since he was so big. However, he won them over with his friendliness and charm. He was definitely one of the nicest guys I've ever worked with. I remember I was the first teacher he was observing when he first came to the school. He just recently passed away...I'm not sure exactly what happened, but he was one of the last people I expected to pass away so suddenly.

Yeah I don't know how he got the pin, might have been as simple as looking over her shoulder. Yeah we called all the banks and whatnot and filed a police report, just a huge hassle to deal with.

That sucks about your co-worker. Was he an older fellow?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't know how he got the pin, might have been as simple as looking over her shoulder. Yeah we called all the banks and whatnot and filed a police report, just a huge hassle to deal with.

That sucks about your co-worker. Was he an older fellow?

Then that's all you can do. I had someone steal the info from my debit card once when I worked for RBC. All it took was a call to the bank and they straightened it out.

I don't believe he was that old. He had a bit of grey in his beard from what I can see on his Facebook but certainly not THAT old.

He was still working in Korea from what I can tell. Dude had a heart attack halfway around the world and his family is going there now. :(

Rinoa

Me.

I bought the modem "starter kit" at Canada Computers and hooked it up myself. No installation fee and I got a free month. Not sure if it's still at Canada Computers.

Seems they already bought a modem through teksavvy, though I thnk the installation fee is waived.

Divvy - that's messed up, hope they can get all her funds back, did she lose ID too? That could be how they got the pins.

Kuro Madoushi - sorry for your loss, hope his family is okay

Divvy

Yeah they got her whole wallet, and she's the type to carry around 8 different credit cards so that wasn't so great. They withdrew like a couple thousand in cash advances, but those charges are getting cancelled so it's all good. I just hope they catch that prick.

Kuro - I hope his family is alright, that's a rough way to go so far from home.

Brinbe

Hey guys, do any of you you have experience buying Raptors tickets?

It is my birthday today and my parents gave me $200 towards tickets this year. I was thinking of buying 4 tickets (2 tickets for 2 games) at around 50 bucks a piece. Should I be looking at places like stubhub and is now a good time to buy? I am kind of a rookie when it comes to buying tickets.

Thanks!
I don't think single game tix are available yet via ticktmaster, but stubhub works just fine right now. The seller will either mail you the tix or preferably just e-mail you the PDF-tickets to print out and bring to the game. But really, depending on the opponent (Lakers/Heat in particular) you won't have much trouble at all buying tickets right at the BO or through scalpers the day of the game. And if you really wait till near or a bit after tip and can haggle a bit, you can score some good deals as they get desperate.

But you could probably stretch that $200 a long way, if you were willing to buy the cheapest upper bowl tix and just move down to the front-rows of the upper bowl, which are usually kinda vacant (though this may not work against the Heat/Lakers/Celtics-type of games). It's not lower bowl, but you still get a great view anyway.

Hope that helped! And if you got anymore Qs, just ask.

And Divvy, that's awful news. Fuck that guy, I hope the authorities able to track him down.

Raptors don't really sell out except for the top tier games

Unless you really want to see the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, maybe OKC? you should be fine waiting for ticketmaster, and even then I don't see many games selling out right away.......its not like the Leafs

My friends has Raptors season tickets again this season (except she didn't win them this year like she did last year) so I'm going to the home opener on Halloween :)

Blackhead

Redarse
your choices are pretty limited here...
LCBO?
Wine Rack?

As for best LCBO, maybe the one at Summerhill station. Man...used to work near there...I wish I had gone more often.
Thanks a lot. I'd also be looking for cider (specifically Rekorderlig—the new mango flavor). Can those be found in Toronto?

Finally back from the US of A. I took a lot of pictures of really fucked up things there. It's another world in Tennessee...

Toronto photo of the day:

7673512756_63aaff8c43_b.jpg

ZZMitch

2-2!

Yes! Shit!

edit: whoops this should be in the olympic thread but I guess it isn't completely off topic (Canada vs US women's soccer)

Roto13

Can't you just upload any old picture to Facebook and it'll automatically resize it to banner dimensions after you drag it around a bit to show what part of the image you want to use?

When I got my first job in 2000, hilariously enough, at the exact same mall as my new job (FML), it was $6.85/h. Cost of living feels like it's quadrupled, and the pay's barely doubled. $10.25 is pennies. :( Alas.

Just be glad you don't live in New York City ($7.25 minimum wage with rent costing three times as much as here)

Quick

Banned
I started off with $7.35 when the minimum was something like $7.75. Tim Horton's, go figure. A friend of mine started with $8.25 when he was hired a couple of months later at another Tim's location. I'm at $11.25 now at my current job, it's alright.

Presco

Just be glad you don't live in New York City ($7.25 minimum wage with rent costing three times as much as here)

It really doesn't. A very large proportion of people qualify for rent stabilization in NYC and pay much less than we pay here, even in Manhattan. If you're in a new building then you're at the mercy of your landlord but if you're in an older building built within a certain time frame and make less than a certain amount of money (like 150k) then you're golden.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I've been working for nearly 6 years and get paid only $11.50. The minimum wage increases were their excuse to not give me a raise.

Usually companies deal with wage compression by re-positioning you on their pay grids

Someone who I worked with constantly fought to get like $2.50 above min wage ... But when Ontario started radically increasing the minimum wage... It's like she was back where she started

Minimum wage should be $20

Top Bottom