• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Goddamn what a shit article. So the ttc knows but it isn't telling? And the police don't know? And he may not get fired?!

As for boogie, you're not a real Gaffer unless you've been banned at least once. I think it's been twice for me... :(

Screw you I've never been banned yet. I do a good job of staying out of those bad threads and not commenting.

Rinoa

It's extremely rare for a TTC driver to make mistakes so...

Police are aware of what caused him to lose control but would not reveal that information, a sergeant from Traffic Services said. He confirmed that neither alcohol nor drugs was a factor.

...that information better justify whatever happened. They're probably still investigating so they can't say?

Rinoa

I dunno, that looks like the Spadina bus northbound replacement for streetcar diverting onto closed streets and the delays were huge on every single turn (and there were tons of turns).

I wouldn't be surprised if he was frustrated by being stuck at a red light 5 times being unable to go forward, and 10 buses were behind him also stuck. Walking speed was 5x faster, no exagerration.

Im always trying to comment on this thread but the discussion is always something i am not familiar with :( I'd like to know Toronto better but Im stuck in B-Town

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Who's attending Carabana this year? lol

What is this Caribana? All I know is the THE SCOTIABANK TORONTO CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL.

Not attending, but given that our street becomes a parking lot for people attending and I'm three minutes from the beach, it'll feel like I'm there :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cogeco appears to be making a hard play for residential FTTH in Toronto due to bell just playing with itself

They just laid down fiber going to my street and are starting to run fiber along the poles

My area... While most of cable/phone is above ground is typically very low priority

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Fuck your shit bell mobility! Finally off of you! Switched to Wind, got a Nexus - couldn't be happier.

Last 3 or so bills from Bell have been in the triple digits, I can't deal with that ish. New wind plan has me at under 40 bucks, with 10x the utility and no caps. It's a ridiculous comparison.

Roto13

Win has that unlimited data/texting/calls for $30 per month thing going on, don't they? I'm pretty satisfied with my prepaid Virgin phone, but that's a really good deal and I might just switch anyway.

Spl1nter

Cogeco appears to be making a hard play for residential FTTH in Toronto due to bell just playing with itself

They just laid down fiber going to my street and are starting to run fiber along the poles

My area... While most of cable/phone is above ground is typically very low priority
Makes sense to do your area first. Only about 25% of the city is above ground wiring. It's the reason bell is not doing ftth as its extremely expensive to dig up the other 75% of the city to offer the same service. They are more focused on making the entire backbone fibre. Fibre to 100m from the house.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Via our friends at UrbanToronto, downtown Mississauga looking at the Toronto skyline.

ipSfRC1Sr82qS.png

Fuck your shit bell mobility! Finally off of you! Switched to Wind, got a Nexus - couldn't be happier.

Last 3 or so bills from Bell have been in the triple digits, I can't deal with that ish. New wind plan has me at under 40 bucks, with 10x the utility and no caps. It's a ridiculous comparison.

How much did you pay for the phone? Supposedly Mobilicity is dropping the price to 299

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mississauga's downtown is pathetic in pictures, I can tell that photo was taken from one of those creepy looking condos (with the gargoyles)

I know a couple that lives in one of those towers. It's a lovely condo, but really there's not much to 'downtown' Mississauga. Compared to Toronto, it's basically a ghost town around the condos most hours. Not for me, but it's probably much more livable than it was a decade ago.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Bah...one more year to go for me.........

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So...we going to discuss Caribana in here or are you all racists? :p

I'll say I haven't been in like 8 years, I got bored of it and since I don't hit the clubs as much I see no reason to go out when the price is jacked up 800%.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So...we going to discuss Caribana in here or are you all racists? :p

I'll say I haven't been in like 8 years, I got bored of it and since I don't hit the clubs as much I see no reason to go out when the price is jacked up 800%.
All I remember is seeing some dude grab a random girl and try to sweet talk her.

Shot. Down.

John Blade

I was wondering if anyone here can help me with the internet question.

Right now, I am considering of switching my internet use from Roger to TekSavvy. I was wondering anyone here did this before? I just need some help as this is my first time switching and want to know what happens during this period of change (like is they a waiting period during this time, what additional fees do I need to cough out, etc). Also, which TekSavvy package should I choose (DSL or Cable)?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering if anyone here can help me with the internet question.

Right now, I am considering of switching my internet use from Roger to TekSavvy. I was wondering anyone here did this before? I just need some help as this is my first time switching and want to know what happens during this period of change (like is they a waiting period during this time, what additional fees do I need to cough out, etc). Also, which TekSavvy package should I choose (DSL or Cable)?
They'll help you coordinate. You may have one day down time tops.

If you go with tek, know you need to buy a modem and there are set up fees. Make sure to return that rogers modem too.

Other than that, my advice is DO IT NOW!

They may have someone come over, but in my case they didn't do anything. They just checked that the connection was there and buggered off.

I had unlimited cable. Sweet sweet internet...

John Blade

They'll help you coordinate. You may have one day down time tops.

If you go with tek, know you need to buy a modem and there are set up fees. Make sure to return that rogers modem too.

Other than that, my advice is DO IT NOW!

They may have someone come over, but in my case they didn't do anything. They just checked that the connection was there and buggered off.

I had unlimited cable. Sweet sweet internet...

A question: Where did you buy your modem from?
Also, which plan did you get? I am looking at the plan and was wondering if 300gb limit is fine still.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A question: Where did you buy your modem from?
Also, which plan did you get? I am looking at the plan and was wondering if 300gb limit is fine still.
You can buy both dsl and cable modem from tek.

300 is plenty and I don't think they even check. Both are good choices though.

Fuck I really hate this city sometimes...

Fuck shittybana and all the obnoxious turds that come out. I got a group of idiots in the back playing music on their phones trying to rap by saying n*gger this and n*gger that. Fucking people blocking the entire centre of the streetcar when it's empty behind them.

I had to transfer twice even though I'm just staying on queen. Fuck short turns. Had to transfer a third time just now. Fuck TTC

Add to this the goddamn rain. Raaaaaaaaaaaaage!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You can buy both dsl and cable modem from tek.

300 is plenty and I don't think they even check. Both are good choices though.

Fuck I really hate this city sometimes...

Fuck shittybana and all the obnoxious turds that come out. I got a group of idiots in the back playing music on their phones trying to rap by saying n*gger this and n*gger that. Fucking people blocking the entire centre of the streetcar when it's empty behind them.

I had to transfer twice even though I'm just staying on queen. Fuck short turns. Had to transfer a third time just now. Fuck TTC

Add to this the goddamn rain. Raaaaaaaaaaaaage!

You shut your mouth that is the music of my people!

Actually main reason why I avoid the city during Caribana every year. I just can't stand the crowds and out of towners. As well as the numerous fakes who for one weekend are from the Caribbean.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You shut your mouth that is the music of my people!

Actually main reason why I avoid the city during Caribana every year. I just can't stand the crowds and out of towners. As well as the numerous fakes who for one weekend are from the Caribbean.

JUSTIN BIEBER MUSIC!? D:

I wasn't so bad the past few years since I usually didn't go around the areas where they hung out, but the out of towners and fakes are all over the city for this now.

Rinoa

Parental unit house switching to Teksavvy cable (300 package) from Bell DSL, anyone done this before? There's gonna be an installation soon..

Top Bottom