• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

From TPS Facebook

"Finally, on behalf of all the citizens of Toronto that value road safety, Mr Mayor... please get a driver. It is obvious that you are busy enough to require one and no amount of money you are saving by not having one is worth the life of one of your citizens.
~TB"

From TPS Facebook

"Finally, on behalf of all the citizens of Toronto that value road safety, Mr Mayor... please get a driver. It is obvious that you are busy enough to require one and no amount of money you are saving by not having one is worth the life of one of your citizens.
~TB"

Man, the Ford apologists flocked to comment on that, too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From TPS Facebook

~TB"

Man, the Ford apologists flocked to comment on that, too.

I CAN'T TELL WHERE THE SARCASM STARTS AND WHERE IT BEGINS! D:

What is TPS?

dYgEl.jpg

Didn't you get the memo?

Oh, wait... Toronto Police Service. Sorry.

ZZMitch

So I heard the Sutton Place on Bay Street is closed? That is what my parents told me because they always stay there when they visit me at school. Is there any good alternatives in the immediate area?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I heard the Sutton Place on Bay Street is closed? That is what my parents told me because they always stay there when they visit me at school. Is there any good alternatives in the immediate area?

Park Hyatt ($$$$) on Avenue, Courtyard on Yonge, Holiday Inn near St George, Comfort Inn on Charles. Lots of options in the area, but not like I can actually recommend any. When people visit me the Four Seasons (way out at Lakeshore & Windermere) is where they stay, being minutes from me.

ZZMitch

Park Hyatt ($$$$) on Avenue, Courtyard on Yonge, Holiday Inn near St George, Comfort Inn on Charles. Lots of options in the area, but not like I can actually recommend any. When people visit me the Four Seasons (way out at Lakeshore & Windermere) is where they stay, being minutes from me.

Okay thanks! I will relay some of these to my parents. Do you have any idea why the Sutton Place closed? Just curious.

The Intercontinental (Bloor) and the Delta Chelsea are the two still standing that had comparable prices.

And yes, Sutton Place and Bistro 990 both closed around the same time for a new condo development.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
As bad as some of the politics is around here, it only takes a few trips into some of the American political threads on gaf to make me feel a bit thankful. There are some freaking lunatics in some of those threads.

Prax

As bad as some of the politics is around here, it only takes a few trips into some of the American political threads on gaf to make me feel a bit thankful. There are some freaking lunatics in some of those threads.

I dunno.. I have a feeling that it affects us through osmosis. We'll only get crazier candidates for everything too.
Trickle down BS is the thing that actually happens. Well, I guess since it's going northwards, maybe its trickle up.

I think the overt religious tone in the US, makes their politics a lot more fucked up than most places in the world.
When I was driving through Ohio to get to Tennessee, every single billboard was some crazed religious thing telling me that I'm going to Hell.
"IT IS THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, NOT THE TEN SUGGESTIONS"
The people in Tennessee were super religious too... and racist. What a trip.

Toronto photo of the day:

1geN6.jpg

I dunno.. I have a feeling that it affects us through osmosis. We'll only get crazier candidates for everything too.
Trickle down BS is the thing that actually happens. Well, I guess since it's going northwards, maybe its trickle up.

Rob Ford and Harper both read the Republican campaign manual from cover to cover, so yes, it's happening here now...

Stet

Banned
The CN Tower has been so much cooler since they added the coloured lights. Whoever had that idea should be promoted. I wish we could do that to all our skyscrapers, it'd feel like Blade Runner.

Roto13

The CN Tower has been so much cooler since they added the coloured lights. Whoever had that idea should be promoted. I wish we could do that to all our skyscrapers, it'd feel like Blade Runner.

And then Rush could play YYZ and the whole city could glow and pulsate to it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Yeah but when I debate with Canadians on things it never comes down to crazy rhetoric like "poor people are inferior"

I never get that when I debate with Americans on things either though :/

Yes but you can't deny it's still much worse in the US. The fact that a big issue was made whether or not Obama was a Muslim or born in the USA was so ridiculous. I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera.

I do notice that the conservatives are slowly pushing towards the American style though so the future isn't looking good for us either.

Spl1nter

Yeah but when I debate with Canadians on things it never comes down to crazy rhetoric like "poor people are inferior"

Clearly you dont debate with geneticists. Superior people deserve superior amount of money.

I approve our Gattaca future

Yes but you can't deny it's still much worse in the US. The fact that a big issue was made whether or not Obama was a Muslim or born in the USA was so ridiculous. I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera.

I could almost replace just Obama with Ignatieff and Muslim with Canadian to create what was a big issue in the past election.

I could almost replace just Obama with Ignatieff and Muslim with Canadian to create what was a big issue in the past election.

This is an excellent point.

People shout from the rooftops about Harper before they even digest the headlines about him-it goes both ways in both countries.

Rinoa

Had no idea Park Hyatt is considered luxury until recently, when our family travel agency was recommending it and Marriott to our wedding guests and the price diff was huge. I always thought it was a bland old place. And for some reason the 2nd and 3rd Vera Wang fittings are in the Park Hyatt, kind of random for a location.

Some rooms look decently decorated though
roomgallery_46.jpg

room_popup_4.jpg

and there's now a hypoallergenic suite, very useful for bubble ppl like me.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lol, I think it would be easier to ask a stranger to carry you up the stairs than it would be to do all of that.

One of my biggest issues with the TTC is accessibility at stations. So few have elevators, or constantly have escalators out for weeks on end every month. Pisses me off every time I hear Stintz trying to sell people on the TTC's accessibility being world class. People had to fight for years to get stop announcements on buses and streetcars; TTC has a long history of having to be forced kicking and screaming into modern transit.

Top Bottom