• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Quick

Banned
I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday, and I'll have my hands full with meeting up a bunch of people, before, during, and after, but I wouldn't mind bumping into Gaffers on the showroom floor or somewhere along those lines.

Willectro

Banned
Bus driver on the 77 Route this afternoon was a hilarious asshole. He stopped at least three people to carefully examine their transfers, and kicked one tourist off the bus for not understanding the system (she got her transfer from the same station, not allowed). And he was doing about half the speed limit the entire length of the ride. I hope he's not a new regular on the route. :(

I never understand why drivers act like this. I like the drivers that barely even turn their head to examine your pass/transfer. I guess it's a power trip or something.

explodet

I never understand why drivers act like this. I like the drivers that barely even turn their head to examine your pass/transfer. I guess it's a power trip or something.
I once got one of those "check every pass and transfer closely" drivers on the 32. I theorized that either the dude had to deal with a lot of students trying to scam free rides, or he was doing a one man "work to rule" thing.

A trip that would normally take 10 minutes was taking twice as long, if not longer. Lots of people were visibly fed up after I was on for about 4 blocks.

Kicking a tourist off the bus is just dickish.

zeitgeist

Yeah some TTC drivers are just mean in general. I kinda hope that the announcements about the TTC hiring new people is due to them getting rid of all the cruel or inhuman drivers. (I know that there is no chance of this happening)

Prax

I will be at the Fan Expo with my cousin and a friend~!
We got tables in Artist Alley!

But hopefully none of you will know who I am if you go...
Oh gawd, I have so much trepidation about internet and real-life colliding and losing the safe mystique of anonymity!

Happy Sunday!

Toronto photo of the day:

7722885188_3583ff3813_b.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Progress at the aquarium via Urban Toronto. Apparently they're filling tanks to test them now. I haven't been down to this area in over a year myself.. might have to check it out soon..

And random cool skyline picture from SkyscraperCity

7746017856_b6eff278cf_b.jpg

Oppo

Yeah some TTC drivers are just mean in general. I kinda hope that the announcements about the TTC hiring new people is due to them getting rid of all the cruel or inhuman drivers. (I know that there is no chance of this happening)

I hope they are all replaced with Google self-driving busses. Pretty sure the public would go for that. :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did anyone hit up the Taste of Danforth on the weekend? This was the first year I've gone and actually ate some of the food. Highlight of the night had to be two blonde chicks all of a sudden brawling in the middle of the street.

I missed out on baconfest though it was way too early in the morning. I hope to go next year to check it out.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Did anyone hit up the Taste of Danforth on the weekend? This was the first year I've gone and actually ate some of the food. Highlight of the night had to be two blonde chicks all of a sudden brawling in the middle of the street.

I missed out on baconfest though it was way too early in the morning. I hope to go next year to check it out.

We use to go just to walk, but given the price ($5 corn on the cob is about the cheapest you'll 'taste') and the crowd, we've passed it up the last few years.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Went to baconfest, except we got there at 12 so there was like very little bacon left :(

Taste of the danforth has been getting worse each year so we opted not to go this year, though I'm sad to have missed that street brawl.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I MISSED THIS?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We use to go just to walk, but given the price ($5 corn on the cob is about the cheapest you'll 'taste') and the crowd, we've passed it up the last few years.

I got to try Kangaroo last year...two years ago now? For $3. Sometimes the novelties are worth it.

But I wouldn't pay for corn.

I just made reservations at Woodlot for my 8 year anniversary with my lovely lady. I can't wait. It's our favourite restaurant.

Toronto photo of the day:

wRBiI.jpg

Top Bottom