• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

RS4-

Anyone using Fibe TV? I'm making the switch from rogers. Just curious about impressions.

I'd prefer not to use any and just stick with hulu but eh, family want their telly.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finland is not some far away planet.

It's a place where they make vodka and cellphones. (And the occasional girl that I find attractive.)

I'm not trying to justify the delay, but it is going to be more expensive, and something the council can pass over for funding, if you have to import the source material. Just let them use Canadian materials at this point.

explodet

Sherbourne Commons Park
Good%20Water%20Management-Sherbourne%20Commons%205.jpg
Here's the thing with Sherbourne Commons Park... it's a nice place, but there's absolutely no reason to go to it. It's cut off by a FedEx building on the west, the Gardiner on the north, and a bunch of condos under construction after a 4 lane road to the south. The only way to get there by public transit is taking a bus south from Sherbourne station. Every time I pass by it I see no forms of life there. There aren't even any pigeons there.

Once the condos are built and it's more developed, it'll be a nice space. But it's so weird to see this park finished years before anything else in the area was even planned.

thabiz

Wow I didn't even know about it. Lucky!

He is doing surprise shows all over the north east. They are announced the day before they go on sale. This is the last of three nights.

I think hes doing Detroit next. Only a 3 hour drive, so keep your ear to the ground.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ordering from Amazon is such a headache now because of UPS. The driver in our section of Toronto never attempts to make deliveries anymore, and he's always angry. But this time, he didn't even leave a notice; I had to find out my package was sent back via tracking online. Of course this time it wasn't just sent to the UPS Store for pickup, it was sent back to Concord for 'wrong address'. lol. UPS drivers, please learn to read a directory properly.

~My UPS rant. Don't get me started on UPS shipping internationally.

Kunohara

Ordering from Amazon is such a headache now because of UPS. The driver in our section of Toronto never attempts to make deliveries anymore, and he's always angry. But this time, he didn't even leave a notice; I had to find out my package was sent back via tracking online. Of course this time it wasn't just sent to the UPS Store for pickup, it was sent back to Concord for 'wrong address'. lol. UPS drivers, please learn to read a directory properly.

~My UPS rant. Don't get me started on UPS shipping internationally.

With any other web site that uses UPS, I fucking hate it and try to avoid them. My wife was home last week (starting a new job), and she never heard them knock. Fucking lazy shits. Worst part is I am right on the border between North York and Scarborough, so of course, my pickup depot for UPS is on fucking Jane and Steeles, and I'm at VP and Finch. The depot also closes at 6pm, so I have to deal with steeles traffic on rush hour. Awesome.

But for Amazon, I've never had UPS leave a notice, they've always left the package at the door. I always thought it was a deal Amazon had with UPS or something. I mean hell, I've ordered from the US store, and the same thing, they just leave the package at the door.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
With any other web site that uses UPS, I fucking hate it and try to avoid them. My wife was home last week (starting a new job), and she never heard them knock. Fucking lazy shits. Worst part is I am right on the border between North York and Scarborough, so of course, my pickup depot for UPS is on fucking Jane and Steeles, and I'm at VP and Finch. The depot also closes at 6pm, so I have to deal with steeles traffic on rush hour. Awesome.

But for Amazon, I've never had UPS leave a notice, they've always left the package at the door. I always thought it was a deal Amazon had with UPS or something. I mean hell, I've ordered from the US store, and the same thing, they just leave the package at the door.

I once had them leave a package at the apartment door step in the hallway, but never in the lobby. Usually they put a notice up downstairs near the mailboxes, after one failed attempt, that it can be picked up at UPS Store. That would be okay for me, since my store is close by. But they shipped it back based on 'wrong address', which is totally false; he just has to read the apartment directory. I might go by UPS Store later and see if they can have it shipped there.

Kunohara

I once had them leave a package at the apartment door step in the hallway, but never in the lobby. Usually they put a notice up downstairs near the mailboxes, after one failed attempt, that it can be picked up at UPS Store. That would be okay for me, since my store is close by. But they shipped it back based on 'wrong address', which is totally false; he just has to read the apartment directory. I might go by UPS Store later and see if they can have it shipped there.

I don't doubt they fucked up. I really do hate UPS and if I see a web site use them for shipping, I will change sites and go with something else, even if it means a higher price. It's not worth it dealing with them.

I hope your package wasn't shipping back to amazon already. You probably should go back soon.

Azih

So His Royalship refuses to get a driver after his brother and the police beg him to do it. I feel very, very sad for the person that gets killed by an idiot of this magnitude.

http://m.thestar.com/news/gta/artic...er-he-was-seen-reading-on-gardiner-expressway

Dude could run over a charity working nun carrying a kitten while eating, texting, and reading at the same time in his Escalade and Fordites would still vote for him. The road is for cars you know, and the nun was probably a liberal.

MPW

anyone here going to fan expo or have in the past?

my friends are telling me to join them but i only like videogames and superhero movies (i do NOT read comics or watch walking dead, not into zomibie stuff) ... is it still worth going?

Quick

Banned
Friend of mine found out today that she won the Winter Classic ticket lottery. Am jealous...

Damn it. I'd really love tickets. They're splitting the stadium tickets in half, I believe. Red Wings side, Leafs side.

anyone here going to fan expo or have in the past?

my friends are telling me to join them but i only like videogames and superhero movies (i do NOT read comics or watch walking dead, not into zomibie stuff) ... is it still worth going?

Click me!

thabiz

Holy shit. That chappelle show turned fucking awkward. Bizarre end to an awesome set. He did just over 2 hours.

Im still trying to process what happened, so im not going to write anything down until i can sleep on it, but holy fuck that last 45 min was excruciating.

I'm truly shocked at what i just witnessed.

Holy shit. That chappelle show turned fucking awkward. Bizarre end to an awesome set. He did just over 2 hours.

Im still trying to process what happened, so im not going to write anything down until i can sleep on it, but holy fuck that last 45 min was excruciating.

Now even forum posters are making announcements about announcements.

Roto13

Damn you teasing bastards!

thabiz

For starters, Im tired. And drunk. Had a beer, feel like new, so here ya go.

Walk in, Drake's on the decks. Cool. Some local guy comes out does his bit and its on to the main course.

Dave is killing it. Obama shit was funny. How he met his wife. Funny, funny shit. Im in tears.

However, through out the show people are yelling rick james shit, stupid shit, just randomly saying things. You can tell Dave's gettin pissed. So im assuming he ends the "set". Its around 11. He then says "it seems like you guys have some questions for me?" He sits down and says "ask your questions." This is where the night turns south.

Dave proceeds to listen to the questions being shouted. He answers some (with people yelling over top of his answer), but mostly he just sits there rubbing his face. It's brutal. The questions suck and Dave is getting pissed. visibly pissed. This goes on for 45 min. People are leaving, boos start flying. You can feel the anger building. For long stretches Dave just sit there in silence. If hes not silent, hes throwing insults at people.

He tries to exit gracefully, barely anyone claps, some are booing. He then tells the crowd that if he had a time machine, he would warn himself about the crowd and not do the show. He then throws double birds and walks off the stage to boo's.

the best line of the night was some dude shouted out "what strip club are you going to after?" (yes these are the questions people are asking) and dave says "the one your mom's not working at."

Dave got really hostile at the end. You could tell half way through the night he was in a bad mood. I hate to say it, but he did this on purpose. For some reason he wanted to fuck with the crowd. He kept saying "you payed to watch me sit here." Ugly.

Still love ya though Dave. Even the greats get bad nights.

whitehawk

Banned
For starters, Im tired. And drunk. Had a beer, feel like new, so here ya go.

Walk in, Drake's on the decks. Cool. Some local guy comes out does his bit and its on to the main course.

Dave is killing it. Obama shit was funny. How he met his wife. Funny, funny shit. Im in tears.

However, through out the show people are yelling rick james shit, stupid shit, just randomly saying things. You can tell Dave's gettin pissed. So im assuming he ends the "set". Its around 11. He then says "it seems like you guys have some questions for me?" He sits down and says "ask your questions." This is where the night turns south.

Dave proceeds to listen to the questions being shouted. He answers some (with people yelling over top of his answer), but mostly he just sits there rubbing his face. It's brutal. The questions suck and Dave is getting pissed. visibly pissed. This goes on for 45 min. People are leaving, boos start flying. You can feel the anger building. For long stretches Dave just sit there in silence. If hes not silent, hes throwing insults at people.

He tries to exit gracefully, barely anyone claps, some are booing. He then tells the crowd that if he had a time machine, he would warn himself about the crowd and not do the show. He then throws double birds and walks off the stage to boo's.

the best line of the night was some dude shouted out "what strip club are you going to after?" (yes these are the questions people are asking) and dave says "the one your mom's not working at."

Dave got really hostile at the end. You could tell half way through the night he was in a bad mood. I hate to say it, but he did this on purpose. For some reason he wanted to fuck with the crowd. He kept saying "you payed to watch me sit here." Ugly.

Still love ya though Dave. Even the greats get bad nights.
Damn that sucks. Poor guy can't get away from his show. Although it sounds like he may not have handled it well.

Hopefully some video pops up on YouTube.

Also, did he smoke on stage? That's why he was visiting Rob Ford.

thabiz

People are still pissed/confused about the fate of his TV show.

It seemed the crowd was a fan of the show, not Dave.

"why did you leave the show"
"wheres charlie murphy"
"do a rick james bit"

Stupid fuckin questions. Anyone that pays attention to the man knows he aint gonna talk about. He even said "even oprah couldnt get it out of me, so stop asking", but they kept asking. Some dude yelled nigger. It got really ugly. I wanted to leave.

I seriously doubt he will play here again.

thabiz

Damn that sucks. Poor guy can't get away from his show. Although it sounds like he may not have handled it well.

You couldnt pull a phone out of your pocket. No photo, no text, no phone. No one got footage. Very strict and they enforced it.

He kept teasing with the smoke. Never did smoke it.

whitehawk

Banned
It seemed the crowd was a fan of the show, not Dave.

"why did you leave the show"
"wheres charlie murphy"
"do a rick james bit"

Stupid fuckin questions. Anyone that pays attention to the man knows he aint gonna talk about. He even said "even oprah couldnt get it out of me, so stop asking", but they kept asking. Some dude yelled nigger. It got really ugly. I wanted to leave.

I seriously doubt he will play here again.
Ugh. If you knew anything about Dave, you would know he hates that stuff: http://youtu.be/KdV-c9d6Sa8?t=5s

Kunohara

What the fuck is wrong with people? If I were there, I would've yelled at the people asking those questions, and told them to shut the fuck up and just enjoy the show.

Fuck people are dumb.

thabiz

What the fuck is wrong with people? If I were there, I would've yelled at the people asking those questions, and told them to shut the fuck up and just enjoy the show.

Fuck people are dumb.

It got to that. Took way too long, but the crowd got to that point. I thought a fight was going to break out in the section next to me. Like i said, the evening got really hostile and angry at the end.

Willectro

Banned

As entertaining as I find him, I don't feel bad for him. He needs to grow the fuck up or quit completely. Oh no, people are yelling? You have a mic, turn up the volume. This just sounds really childish. Celebrities need to learn that you aren't going to acquire all this wealth for nothing.

thabiz

As entertaining as I find him, I don't feel bad for him. He needs to grow the fuck up or quit completely. Oh no, people are yelling? You have a mic, turn up the volume. This just sounds really childish. Celebrities need to learn that you aren't going to acquire all this wealth for nothing.

Dave broke the golden rule of stand up comedy. He let the crowd control the show.

That Chappelle thing sounds crazy. I know he always admired Richard Pryor but it seems like he is following in his footsteps in the good way and the bad way. Although I heard that the first two shows went very well so maybe the crowd was much worse for the show you attended.

Toronto photo of the day (EvilMario's favourite road!):

B1Kyk.jpg

Roto13

And then they would have listened, quieted down, and everything would have gone smoothly from there on out!

zeitgeist

Ticketmaster is saying the tickets aren't on sale yet and I can't even use the code to get presale tickets.

Edit: Oh the online sales close at 10 pm. Bummer.

what's the best place to buy computer parts in the downtown area? I know what all of the parts that I want are, and if I can get them without shipping, that would be even better

thabiz

are the prices competitive? or is it generally more expensive than websites like newegg.ca

my only experience is getting my old desktop repaired in one of the shops around there a few years ago

Canada Computers or Filtech will be within a couple of dollars of the websites.

While we're asking about computers....

Are there any places in the Mississauga area that sell external enclosures to hold multiple SATA drives? I'm not even sure if such a thing exists, but I wouldn't know where to start looking since I haven't built a PC in years.

Top Bottom