• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
are the prices competitive? or is it generally more expensive than websites like newegg.ca

my only experience is getting my old desktop repaired in one of the shops around there a few years ago

Canada Computers has their own website where you can check stock and whatnot:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/

While we're asking about computers....

Are there any places in the Mississauga area that sell external enclosures to hold multiple SATA drives? I'm not even sure if such a thing exists, but I wouldn't know where to start looking since I haven't built a PC in years.

Well there are Canada Computers, NCIX and Tiger Direct stores in Mississauga, so check their respective websites to see if they have stock on those items in the city.

thabiz

I guess Canada Computers is a downtown thing. Everyone I know up north goes to NCIX

I just order off NCIX now.

Back when they had just the single store on College, canada computers was untouchable.

Heads up on CC. they charge extra if you use a credit card.

Torontophototototototototototototototototototo:

9BOa2.jpg

Can any of you guys recommend any special events going around the city this Saturday?

Just anything? is CNE in town again? something that is not stupid expensive and you don't need to buy tickets in advance, Good folks like mikelb7 and
BigJonsson recommended I chime in this thread and get ideas, I just want a place to take my date for a walk after dinner, somewhere fun and lively. Thanks

thabiz

Can any of you guys recommend any special events going around the city this Saturday?

Just anything? is CNE in town again? something that is not stupid expensive and you don't need to buy tickets in advance, Good folks like mikelb7 and
BigJonsson recommended I chime in this thread and get ideas, I just want a place to take my date for a walk after dinner, somewhere fun and lively. Thanks

CNE is always a cheap way to go. Perfect for just walking around, checkin shit out.

thabiz

Cool, so it's between CNE and Buskerfest at St. Lawrence Market Neighborhood..

Which one of the two is more ideal for a second (time) date to take, we are note exactly "hooked up" yet.

Well buskerfest is free. And there are better, nicer food options in that area. Plus its closer to the subway if that matters to you or your date.

I'm thinking of doing both for now, Date lives West end, (High Park area) I would say slightly closer to the CNE, still far from both, I am driving her and dropping off...so yeah maybe Start off at St. Lawrence Market, slowly make our way to the CNE. Thanks guys. I hope this date lasts :| ... then I'll have a reason to subscribe to this thread and bother you guys all the time like a jackass! :p

Divvy

If you're going to the CNE, it might be better to ditch the car elsewhere as parking there is an exercise in frustration and it's also like twenty five dollars.

Also, make sure you check out the figure skating show and the superdogs show. Chicks love figure skating and puppies. :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you're going to the CNE, it might be better to ditch the car elsewhere as parking there is an exercise in frustration and it's also like twenty five dollars.

Also, make sure you check out the figure skating show and the superdogs show. Chicks love figure skating and puppies. :D

Figure Skating Puppies....

These are all at the CNE?

I usually park at my workplace during CNE (Liberty Village) Will probably need to ask my boss or someone in management to borrow their parking spot on the weekend. I've driven in TO for some many years and gotten (this is embarrassing) well over $1500 worth of parking tickets (Span of 7 years) that by now, I know all the sneaky cheap/free parking spots withing every two square blocks.

Divvy

These are all at the CNE?

I usually park at my workplace during CNE (Liberty Village) Will probably need to ask my boss or someone in management to borrow their parking spot on the weekend. I've driven in TO for some many years and gotten (this is embarrassing) well over $1500 worth of parking tickets (Span of 7 years) that by now, I know all the sneaky cheap/free parking spots withing every two square blocks.

Yeah they're both there and fairly entertaining.

Azih

I bought almost everything for my recent computer build from Ncix. Ordered online and picked up from the Scarborough store. Got a few extra odds and ends from the Canada Computers close by. NCIX just had better prices. Canada Computers is on the expensive side now.

Kunohara

I know some people who are still dumb enough to go to TigerDirect.

Uh, could you explain why that is? I actually have a Tigerdirect store just 5 mins away from me, and I've bought a vid card and a NAT from there. Granted the people in the store itself don't know shit about anything, but the prices are good.

Uh, could you explain why that is? I actually have a Tigerdirect store just 5 mins away from me, and I've bought a vid card and a NAT from there. Granted the people in the store itself don't know shit about anything, but the prices are good.

Oh, the prices are "good", but my general experience with TigerDirect (through supporting things bought there) is the old adage "you get what you pay for".

TigerDirect has a far higher ratio of cheap crap on the shelves than other stores, and penny pinchers (like certain people I work for) love to buy cheap crap.

thabiz

Oh, the prices are "good", but my general experience with TigerDirect (through supporting things bought there) is the old adage "you get what you pay for".

TigerDirect has a far higher ratio of cheap crap on the shelves than other stores, and penny pinchers (like certain people I work for) love to buy cheap crap.

Also back in the day, they were kinda dodgy. I think the rep just stuck.

I'm thinking of doing both for now, Date lives West end, (High Park area) I would say slightly closer to the CNE, still far from both, I am driving her and dropping off...so yeah maybe Start off at St. Lawrence Market, slowly make our way to the CNE. Thanks guys. I hope this date lasts :| ... then I'll have a reason to subscribe to this thread and bother you guys all the time like a jackass! :p

Don't go to both.

St. Lawrence Market gives you the option to park, walk around, and even hop in bar (ie/ biermarket) if you're so inclined.

CNE can be fun too though. Ultimately, I guess it depends where you're going for dinner, and what kind of mood you're looking to set.

Kunohara

Well, you see, I research what I'm buying, and the stuff I bought isn't exactly a cheap brand. Got a nice D-Link NAT that has been working fine for months with heavy use, and my vid card (MSI Twin Frozer 560Ti that I bought months ago), is still going strong. I mainly buy from them because I can just drive over in 5 mins and pick it up instead of shipping it.

I never buy any of the cheap crap they sell. But man, like I said before, the people who work there are useless. You try to ask them any questions about parts, and they look at you like you have two heads.

Quadratic

Tonight is Anime Fighters at A&C world at Spadina and Bloor. Persona 4 Arena on deck. Anyone go play fighting games there? You get in free with a non perishable food donation. I'm looking to throw down my F- ranked Chie out there lol.

I'm going to the barcraft at Victory Cafe Sunday to watch some MLG summer arena and then the Fan Expo GAF meetup that insy is organizing. The details are in the thread over in OT

whitehawk

Banned
Heads up Toronto GAF. Sears is having a clearance sale on Consoles. $99 for a 3DS and $199 for 360 bundles. My quote from the thread in gaming side:

whitehawk said:
Didn't buy anything. But yeah, the Sears in downtown toronto (eaton centre) had a ton of 250gb 360s, 4gb kinect bundles and the 250gb bundles that included Halo reach + Fable 3 + 3 months of gold. All bundles were $199. They had 4 black 3DS systems for $99. Guy told me he had Red and Blue in the back as well. 1 Wii was there, and 1 PSP but it wasn't on sale for some reason.

Don't go to both.

St. Lawrence Market gives you the option to park, walk around, and even hop in bar (ie/ biermarket) if you're so inclined.

CNE can be fun too though. Ultimately, I guess it depends where you're going for dinner, and what kind of mood you're looking to set.

Ugh! So which one to go to ? we actually have dinner plans in Yorkville, so you have to look at it as a post dinner thing to do. So leaving (driving) from Yorkville (Bloor and Bay) Which is a better post dinner activity?

CNE fair grounds or Buskerfest at St. Lawrence Market?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tonight is Anime Fighters at A&C world at Spadina and Bloor. Persona 4 Arena on deck. Anyone go play fighting games there? You get in free with a non perishable food donation. I'm looking to throw down my F- ranked Chie out there lol.

I'm going to the barcraft at Victory Cafe Sunday to watch some MLG summer arena and then the Fan Expo GAF meetup that insy is organizing. The details are in the thread over in OT

I'm too embarrassed to show up for P4A. My shitty Liz would probably get someone to punch me in the face. Maybe Brawl, Mario Kart, or Pokemon tourny one of these days though.

thabiz

Ugh! So which one to go to ? we actually have dinner plans in Yorkville, so you have to look at it as a post dinner thing to do. So leaving (driving) from Yorkville (Bloor and Bay) Which is a better post dinner activity?

Dude. You have two options. Go enjoy your meal and make a decision later. Maybe ask her which of the two she would enjoy.

Buskerfest. More conversation topics there, and you'll already have eaten and the rides at the CNE aren't as fun on a full stomach. Also, the highlight of the CNE is the food, and this weekend it's the food truck extravaganza. If you're full already...that's no fun.

Quadratic

I'm too embarrassed to show up for P4A. My shitty Liz would probably get someone to punch me in the face. Maybe Brawl, Mario Kart, or Pokemon tourny one of these days though.

You should come. I need someone my tier. I got bodied by Akihiko and another Chie. It's pretty fun there. You can gain admittance with a food donation on some days and the crowd is nice. I would have thought the local NeoGAF crowd would be all over a place like that.

Stet

Banned

Do not go to the CNE on a weekend. Good lord do not do it.

ZZMitch

Do you guys consider "Let's Dip" a common phrase for the word leave in Toronto?

I was talking with one of my friends, comparing things that people in Toronto say to things people in Maine say and I remember a few of my friends in Toronto saying dip a few times (along with more common things like "jokes".

Just a silly conversation but I was wondering if that was a common thing or just something a few of my friends said. Also, a lot of my friends in Maine think saying "jokes" when something is funny is hilarious since I have started doing it without meaning too now.

Biscuits

I was talking with one of my friends, comparing things that people in Toronto say to things people in Maine say and I remember a few of my friends in Toronto saying dip a few times (along with more common things like "jokes".

Just a silly conversation but I was wondering if that was a common thing or just something a few of my friends said. Also, a lot of my friends in Maine think saying "jokes" when something is funny is hilarious since I have started doing it without meaning too now.
My friends say it a lot. I didn't think it was a Toronto thing, just a young person/street slang thing.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Yep. Never hear it anywhere else now that I think of it.

Its kinda lame though.

Razorskin

----- ------

yo reach

dantehemi

Going to supermarket in Kensington market for a birthday tonight. Never been there before, anyone here been there? What should I expect? Dress code, music, atmosphere. I go out a lot, places like cube, bloke and 4th maison and clubs like that, but I'm hearing supermarket is different than those places.

I highly doubt there is a dress code for that place.. although I'm only basing that on walking by it on my way to other places in Kensington

Hieberrr

I really want to go to Wonderland this year. Leviathan looks amazing! I also want their foot long hotdog. The last time I was there, I asked for nacho cheese on it and the guy who worked there gave me the weirdest O__o look
KuGsj.gif

I really want to go to Wonderland this year. Leviathan looks amazing![/img]

If you ride Leviathan then sit in the very front seat. It's like a completely different ride when you sit in the front. I don't normally say that about most rides but on this particular one it makes all the difference! It's worth a little bit of extra wait for it.

Top Bottom